Pittsburgh, PA
gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Pre-registration available until June 15th- 30 registered

Post by gogolen »

The options are now up in the PC store, and I will keep a list below as well. You can pay for either the Main event or the Weekend Pass.

If you are a PC Donor and qualify for a discount- please PM first and I will give you the coupon code to use during checkout (once I verify your donor status)

Link to the Store- http://www.starwarsccg.org/wpstore/prod ... strations/

Pre-registered: (* means Main Event only)

1) Matt Carulli
2) Mike Kessling*
3) Trevor Partridge
4) Bill Kafer
5) Matt Sokol
6) Lenny Rubin
7) Ming Huo
8) Chris Gogolen
9) Jeremy DiPaolo
10) Brian Speight
11) Andrew Nuckols*
12) Cal Aldred*
13) Jon McFarland
14) Shawn Dickson
15) Vincent Rossi
16) Casey Johnson
17) Kyle Szklenski*
18) Tim Culver
19) Greg Shaw
20) Andy Wexstten
21) Brian Fred
22) Vikram Bali
23) Chris Kelly
24) Matt Scott
25) Greyson Thompson
26) Colin Wellborn
27) Josh Mack
28) Justin Carulli
29) Ryan Obman
30) John Veasey*
Last edited by gogolen on June 16th, 2017, 10:26 am, edited 30 times in total.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Pre-registration Now Available

Post by shawnd1984 »

Real quick question from a NARP. This will most likely be my first major tournament. Does the majority of players typically register for the 3 day package? Just curious as to the reasons why anyone would do the 1 day package, outside of not being able to stay the weekend.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

shawnd1984 wrote:Real quick question from a NARP. This will most likely be my first major tournament. Does the majority of players typically register for the 3 day package? Just curious as to the reasons why anyone would do the 1 day package, outside of not being able to stay the weekend.
The full weekend includes entry into the team tournament friday night and the sunday afternoon consolation event. If you want to play in those, I'd get the full weekend. If you don't plan on playing in either, just get the main event. If you don't get the full weekend, each of those extra events I believe is $10 to enter, so you save $10 if you play in all three and register for the whole weekend.

I don't usually get the full weekend since I don't plan on playing in the team tournament usually... but being that I don't have to drive 6 hours to get to this event, I'm planning on playing in the team tournament.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:Real quick question from a NARP. This will most likely be my first major tournament. Does the majority of players typically register for the 3 day package? Just curious as to the reasons why anyone would do the 1 day package, outside of not being able to stay the weekend.
The full weekend includes entry into the team tournament friday night and the sunday afternoon consolation event. If you want to play in those, I'd get the full weekend. If you don't plan on playing in either, just get the main event. If you don't get the full weekend, each of those extra events I believe is $10 to enter, so you save $10 if you play in all three and register for the whole weekend.

I don't usually get the full weekend since I don't plan on playing in the team tournament usually... but being that I don't have to drive 6 hours to get to this event, I'm planning on playing in the team tournament.
Team tournament? Whaaaaaaaa?
I could see myself playing in a consolation event, given that I probably won't succeed too much on Saturday. And yes, since the event is local, I am more likely to go to all events. Also, Oakland is quite the paradise when college students are gone (says Grandpa Dickson).

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Oakland is truly awesome in the summer.

I don't have the schedule up yet but basically will look like all other majors:
Friday afternoon: Cube (like a sealed draft but with set cards that fit in an anthology box, each person drafts one side and plays 4 games. tons of fun)
Friday night: Team tournament (teams of 2, each person plays one side, matched up against other teams, combined diff of the 2 games gives you the winner)
Saturday: Main event at 10am, sealed later in the evening around 6-8 (usually sealed costs extra, even if you register for full weekend, since you have to pay for the product. But you get to keep the cards)
Sunday: Main event final 4 (or final 8 depending on attendance) starts around 10am, sunday consolation starts around 11am
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Oakland is truly awesome in the summer.

Friday afternoon: Cube (like a sealed draft but with set cards that fit in an anthology box, each person drafts one side and plays 4 games. tons of fun)
Friday night: Team tournament (teams of 2, each person plays one side, matched up against other teams, combined diff of the 2 games gives you the winner)
Saturday: Main event at 10am, sealed later in the evening around 6-8 (usually sealed costs extra, even if you register for full weekend, since you have to pay for the product. But you get to keep the cards)
Sunday: Main event final 4 (or final 8 depending on attendance) starts around 10am, sunday consolation starts around 11am
Okay, I think I will do the whole 3 day thing, sounds awesome.

For Friday, what time do things usually get underway? I ask because I may have to take off work that day...or at least a half day.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:Oakland is truly awesome in the summer.

Okay, I think I will do the whole 3 day thing, sounds awesome.

For Friday, what time do things usually get underway? I ask because I may have to take off work that day...or at least a half day.
Cube is usually around 1 or 2pm, team tournament is at 6pm. I will probably take a half day as well and try to make a run to the airport if anyone needs it.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

What is Cube by the way? Different than Sealed deck I assume?

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

shawnd1984 wrote:What is Cube by the way? Different than Sealed deck I assume?
/viewt ... 30&t=22108
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

Did anyone else get a message from Paypal that they were reviewing the purchase to "comply with government regulations" after paying for your entry fees?
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

mingtown wrote:Did anyone else get a message from Paypal that they were reviewing the purchase to "comply with government regulations" after paying for your entry fees?
I haven't registered yet, but Paypal will discipline anyone who uses the service for anything that may be deemed illegal. We paid fantasy football dues to a friend with an accurate description and he was threatened with suspension for suspicion of "illegal gambling". Silly that the lottery is entirely legal and encouraged, but that's the world we live in. I think it should be fine, especially since Star Wars CCG is a game of skill. Are there cash prizes? I don't think it'll be a problem, but that's what I think is going on here.

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

shawnd1984 wrote:
mingtown wrote:Did anyone else get a message from Paypal that they were reviewing the purchase to "comply with government regulations" after paying for your entry fees?
I haven't registered yet, but Paypal will discipline anyone who uses the service for anything that may be deemed illegal. We paid fantasy football dues to a friend with an accurate description and he was threatened with suspension for suspicion of "illegal gambling". Silly that the lottery is entirely legal and encouraged, but that's the world we live in. I think it should be fine, especially since Star Wars CCG is a game of skill. Are there cash prizes? I don't think it'll be a problem, but that's what I think is going on here.
It went through this morning. From what I gathered it may have flagged the transaction for certain keywords in the stuff that was purchased. I ordered some cards along with the registration and maybe one of those card titles set it off? Maybe 'X-Wing Assault Squadron"? Who knows.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

mingtown wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
It went through this morning. From what I gathered it may have flagged the transaction for certain keywords in the stuff that was purchased. I ordered some cards along with the registration and maybe one of those card titles set it off? Maybe 'X-Wing Assault Squadron"? Who knows.
lol see if purchasing an intruder missile or assault rifle causes the FBI to show up at your door.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

I'll register next Tuesday.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

Is there a cap? I definitely plan on going but won't know for sure for a while
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Pre-registration available until June 15th- 7 registered

Post by Xanth »

Bump
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Xanth wrote:Is there a cap? I definitely plan on going but won't know for sure for a while
A cap on rooms? Entrants? We have 20 rooms in the block. Registration for the group rate hotel room ends late may. No cap on entrants.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

No he wants a Marte cap...
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

rhendon wrote:No he wants a Marte cap...
They will be on clearance in the strip district by the time he gets here.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

28 attendees for Endor, let's beat that guys! Pre-reg early and book your hotel by May 26th.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Return to “US Nationals 2017 - June 23-25”