imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Hotel Information

Post by imrahil327 »

Hyatt Regency Bloomington - Minneapolis
3200 East 81st Street
Bloomington, Minnesota, USA, 55425

Our booking portal is here: https://aws.passkey.com/e/49081456

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: Hotel Information

Post by chriskelly »

Has anyone booked a room yet? I'd be looking for a roommate. Looking to go as cheap as possible, so splitting with a few people would be good with me if anyone is interested. I get in Thursday night and leave Monday morning. Only requirements are good hygiene and should not steal my stuff, with strong preference to people that would be willing to test with me and do last minute deck teching.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Has anyone booked a room yet? I'd be looking for a roommate. Looking to go as cheap as possible, so splitting with a few people would be good with me if anyone is interested. I get in Thursday night and leave Monday morning. Only requirements are good hygiene and should not steal my stuff, with strong preference to people that would be willing to test with me and do last minute deck teching.
Is pooping in the room allowed? Because if not that might narrow down your options

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

It's allowed, but preferably keep it in the bathroom, you savages.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

:bow:

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:It's allowed, but preferably keep it in the bathroom, you savages.
Are you sure you want that in the bathroom now, since you could be sleeping there?

Also, I'm still in need of a room. Getting in Thursday night, leaving Monday.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

"Dude, can it wait? I sleep there!"

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Do we have a contact person at the hotel?
I would like to pay through Expedia (where I can use my silly bitcoins as payment) but would then miss out on the group rate.. So would like to ask if there is a way to solve that
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

itcouldbewirfs
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by itcouldbewirfs »

Darth_Link wrote:Do we have a contact person at the hotel?
I would like to pay through Expedia (where I can use my silly bitcoins as payment) but would then miss out on the group rate.. So would like to ask if there is a way to solve that
I just compared the group rate to just using their website. If you get the non-refundable saves $13 per night to just use the general reservation page.
Chris Wirfs

It's Wirfs!

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

The group rate is $159, how did you get it to $146?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

itcouldbewirfs
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by itcouldbewirfs »

Karrdeshark wrote:The group rate is $159, how did you get it to $146?

Through the Hotel Registration system:

This required paying up front with no chance for refund.

https://bloomington.regency.hyatt.com/h ... id=4106485
Chris Wirfs

It's Wirfs!

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

I just went through the link in the OP and the rate is $139.

The key is selecting only 1 or 2 guests. If you select 3 it goes to 149 and if you select 4 it goes to 159

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: Re: Hotel Information

Post by Karrdeshark »

JediJer wrote:

The key is selecting only 1 or 2 guests. If you select 3 it goes to 149 and if you select 4 it goes to 159
Lol, charging extra for standard occupancy in a room seems bizarre.

itcouldbewirfs
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: RE: Re: Hotel Information

Post by itcouldbewirfs »

Karrdeshark wrote:
JediJer wrote:

That's what i get for being honest...
Chris Wirfs

It's Wirfs!

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hotel Information

Post by Karrdeshark »

itcouldbewirfs wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
JediJer wrote:

I'm with you, if it helps, it's just weird. Same room should cost the same, imo.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Karrdeshark wrote:
itcouldbewirfs wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
JediJer wrote:

I'm with you, if it helps, it's just weird. Same room should cost the same, imo.

Logically it makes sense. They budget the room for 2 people to give lowest rates. 4 people mean more towels, soap, etc and more cleaning from the cleaning people. 4 people means changing sheets more often as well. All of that raises cost, which weren't included for 2 because they were giving you a price break on it to get the cheapest price.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

rhendon wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
itcouldbewirfs wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
JediJer wrote:

Logically it makes sense. They budget the room for 2 people to give lowest rates. 4 people mean more towels, soap, etc and more cleaning from the cleaning people. 4 people means changing sheets more often as well. All of that raises cost, which weren't included for 2 because they were giving you a price break on it to get the cheapest price.
Yes and no. While the towels/soap certainly is true, it's not necessarily more cleaning otherwise. 2 people can make as much (or even more) of a mess as 4. 2 people sleeping on 2 beds is no different than 4 people sleeping on 2 beds when it comes to changing the sheets. If they are going to change the sheets every day, they'll do that regardless of the actual number of people staying in the room. It's not like they'll change sheets more than once per day because more people are staying in the room. Some of it is probably to cover other amenity costs, such as breakfast, which are impacted more by the number of people per room.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

JediJer wrote:
rhendon wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
itcouldbewirfs wrote:
Karrdeshark wrote:
JediJer wrote:

Yes and no. While the towels/soap certainly is true, it's not necessarily more cleaning otherwise. 2 people can make as much (or even more) of a mess as 4. 2 people sleeping on 2 beds is no different than 4 people sleeping on 2 beds when it comes to changing the sheets. If they are going to change the sheets every day, they'll do that regardless of the actual number of people staying in the room. It's not like they'll change sheets more than once per day because more people are staying in the room. Some of it is probably to cover other amenity costs, such as breakfast, which are impacted more by the number of people per room.
Their cleaning is usually done on a per person basis. 2 people in a bed make it twice as dirty. 1 person they can usually use the sheets again or for a few days. But yes 2 people can cause more of a mess. Hell, 1 person can cause even more of a mess. But they don't know that just by the info you provide them when reserving the room. There is no how dirty of a person are you question. So the math says that 1<2<4 on messing up rooms.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

But they'll change the sheets and wash them regardless of the number of people that actually slept in the bed. It's not like they'll wash the sheets twice if there are 4 people in the room. I really don't think the number of people in the room affects the cleaning costs at all. Also, by the time the sheets get to the laundry, there's no way to know which room they came from.

Also, there's no difference in the 1 person and 2 person rate, so that means they're making an assumption that the two people will be sleeping in the same bed, otherwise the 2 person would be the same as 3 or 4 person rates.

I haven't worked in a hotel, but I highly doubt that they base the occupancy rates mainly on the cost of cleaning. Instead it's probably due to other amenities that are easier to calculate on an average per-person basis, such as breakfast (if included).
One person can go through more disposable cups, towels, shampoo, soap, etc. than 4 people if they wanted to, yet the hotel doesn't increase the room rate for consuming these things or for requesting additional towels, and definitely not for changing the sheets.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

They don't always change the sheets every day. A lot of times they just remake the bed.

I have worked in a hotel. I've worked at a high end hotel. This is what they do.

Return to “World Championships - August 10-13 2017”