Commentary Criticism

Bloomington, MN
Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: RE: Re: Commentary Criticism

Post by Hobbie »

marines28 wrote:The final interview with Joe, Phil, and Jonny was great. Nice job.
Is this interview archived somewhere? It's not on the day 3 finals video on youtube.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

arebelspy

Re: Commentary Criticism

Post by arebelspy »

TB wrote:it was the Chu phil one, then. I just remember someone off screen asking who can do this and you just took it. Contemplated what you wanted to say for like 5 secs and then just nailed a totally relevant little roundtable discussion on the match : )

good job.
marines28 wrote:The final interview with Joe, Phil, and Jonny was great. Nice job.
Cool, thanks!

I remember setting down the mics from that and going "Well, I'm not sure if that was any good, but we said words."

Appreciate the feedback that you guys enjoyed it.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Hobbie wrote:
Is this interview archived somewhere? It's not on the day 3 finals video on youtube.

It should be on YouTube now. It's not part of the final game video, it was a separate video.

I recommend that if you are not subscribed to the star wars ccg youtube channel, you should be. You'll get notifications when Tom Kelly streams games (since he uses the pc youtube account to do so) as well as whenever games from major events are posted.

Here's the link to the interview:

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Hey guys, I just finished watching the stream on Twitch, and it was awesome! This was by far the best SWCCG commentary I've listened to. I remember watching the first MPC finals video with Reid vs Pistone. Look how far things have come now. Good job to all involved!

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

that interview is fire. awesome!

as far as commentary criticism, i only got to watch a few matches on day 3 because i had to work all weekend, and what i saw was awesome. the only way to improve would be to set up those "lanes" for each commentator: 1 play-by-play, 1 analysis/commentary, 1 IT/decklist/chat-reading guy. and obviously set it all up day before and do sound/video checks. from the problems you describe with the guys needing to stop watching the stream to bring up the menu for showing the card image, sounds like you need an additional monitor that just shows the game stream.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

JediJer wrote:
Hobbie wrote:

It should be on YouTube now. It's not part of the final game video, it was a separate video.

I recommend that if you are not subscribed to the star wars ccg youtube channel, you should be. You'll get notifications when Tom Kelly streams games (since he uses the pc youtube account to do so) as well as whenever games from major events are posted.

Here's the link to the interview:
i stream only official tournament games to the pc account, the rest to my channel. maybe soon i'll be adding some interesting new content to the pc youtube though
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Return to “World Championships - August 10-13 2017”