Two Format Changes

Morristown, NJ
WiseMarsellus

Re: Two Format Changes

Post by WiseMarsellus »

Death Star wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:I'm very curious to hear from the four people who played in the play-in games about their opinions.
Me too :) They (along with a few others) will be receiving a survey shortly, although they can of course discuss it here as well.
I did not receive a survey (going 6-2 but fortunately not needing the play-in game). Did this ever take place?

To add my opinions cause I did not voice them immediately after worlds:

Loved the random pairings. Please keep those exactly like that for all further majors (at least worlds and europeans).

Not a fan of the play-in games and in favor of ditching those again. It’s a zero-sum game and takes away from time to decompress and get ready for day 3.
i can't remember if i got a survey either. but i agree with this completely

tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Death Star wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:I'm very curious to hear from the four people who played in the play-in games about their opinions.
Me too :) They (along with a few others) will be receiving a survey shortly, although they can of course discuss it here as well.
I did not receive a survey (going 6-2 but fortunately not needing the play-in game). Did this ever take place?

To add my opinions cause I did not voice them immediately after worlds:

Loved the random pairings. Please keep those exactly like that for all further majors (at least worlds and europeans).

Not a fan of the play-in games and in favor of ditching those again. It’s a zero-sum game and takes away from time to decompress and get ready for day 3.
Yeah, I think this is where I stand as well
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

I'm a fan of the play-in games.

If you win 6 games, you should get a chance to day 3. If you want to guarantee you don't have to play in game, win 7, or have a super high sos.

I think the random pairings are mostly good, but also take out some of the fun--I could see doing it some of the time, but maybe not all. But I think I'm in the minority.

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

I like both rules. There is nothing worse than going 6-2 and not making the cut.

The random pairings for top 8 I like. We need to be consistent on what happens for top 4 then. Keep going as is or reseed.

Return to “World Championships - Oct 4-7 2018”