The server crash games

spideyguy0

The server crash games

Post by spideyguy0 »

The GEMP server went down while 2-3 OCS games were pending. The server timed out whoever had the action timer at the time of the crash. Essentially the games ended on a coin flip, but the results were logged.

Is there a way someone on the GEMP team can cancel these games?

Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Gornall
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Re: The server crash games

Post by Gornall »

For the record - even though I lost my game vs Profundity due to the crash, I do NOT want my game cancelled. I am more interested in hitting my 10 games this month for the clip than worrying about whether I would have won that game. (Hint - not likely)

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Sorry for the delay, but we are close to canceling Casey and Wirfs' game so they can replay in the last few days of the month. We should have a quicker process in place if a similar server outage happens going forward.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

puck71 wrote:Sorry for the delay, but we are close to canceling Casey and Wirfs' game so they can replay in the last few days of the month. We should have a quicker process in place if a similar server outage happens going forward.
Why would you cancel some games but not all?

That seems like a bad decision, and a bad precedent.

It should be consistent, either "any game stopped due to server crash does not count" or "any game stopped to server crash does count, sorry for the bad luck."

Is my game from the crash going to be cancelled?

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Some of the players did mention they didn't want their game cancelled. They were more concerned with getting to 10 games for the foil, not their win %

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

We'll double check on any other games affected and check with the players.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

gogolen wrote:Some of the players did mention they didn't want their game cancelled. They were more concerned with getting to 10 games for the foil, not their win %
I understand that, but I do think a policy should be formed, whether that's "all games cancelled" or "all games left as-is" or "ask the individual players and go w/ what they want" (though that opens the "don't want to be a dick" problem). As long as there IS a policy, any of those 3 I can see being justified. But cancelling one game, not others, and not asking seems odd/arbitrary to me.

Sounds like John is looking into it now though, so all good for now and maybe a policy can be decided on later for going forward.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Agreed there should be a policy going forward even if it's done on a case by case basis here (there's only 3 games affected right?).

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Server Crash Wars CCG
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

There is a policy; we just didn't pre-state it before John posted. Hold please :)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Great, thanks!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Added to the rules post:
•If games are interrupted, completed prematurely or glitched due to a technical error, please report it to one of the GEMP team and/or the Tournament Committee. A list of the affected games will be generated. In such a case, if both players agree to hold to the result of the game, the game will be considered final. If either player disputes the result, the game will be removed from the record and both players will be eligible to play an additional game that month.
As a result, the game between Gornall & Profundity will stand, as both players accept the result, and arebelspy/sbrentsen1 and spideyguy0/itcouldbewirfs have been removed.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Return to “2018 Online Championship Series”