Atlanta, GA
gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Thank you !

Post by gogolen »

Sitting at the airport waiting on my flight home, but wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved:

- Hayes for running the tournaments and keeping things on track
- Joe for coming to do commentary, which from what I heard/sat in on, was great.
- Charlie Herron for re-entering all the results into the software when we had to switch computers after game 4
- Mike K for doing the legwork finding the venue, and letting us ship him all the camera gear
- Pete for bringing the frozen pops, which were delicious
- the advocates for handling a plethora of other things that finalized the events.

But mostly I want to thank the other 23 people that showed up to play. It was a great event, and those of that didn't come/couldn't be here missed out on some great stuff (just check Bfreds post for a FRACTION of the stuff that happened this weekend )

Hope to see everyone at Worlds this year in about 10 weeks!

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

arebelspy

Re: Thank you !

Post by arebelspy »

What a great weekend.

Ditto the thanks to everyone who does such an amazing job running this game, and everyone who shows up to play.

And thank you Gogolen for all your efforts on behalf of this game, especially your handing of registration, distribution of foils for prize support (like the OCS foils, online weekend thing, etc.), and running the PC store!

Congrats on your top 8 finish! See you at worlds! :-D

agnos

Post by agnos »

After my little nap, I feel much better. Big Thanks to everyone who helped set this up. I really enjoyed playing and seeing everyone again. Makes me want to play again and I was already thinking up lists on the drive back this morning :/

We’ll see

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

agnos wrote:After my little nap, I feel much better. Big Thanks to everyone who helped set this up. I really enjoyed playing and seeing everyone again. Makes me want to play again and I was already thinking up lists on the drive back this morning :/

We’ll see
You should, man. You're a great player.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Awesome weekend. I agree on thanks to gogolen- he was being mr pc store again this morning before his match haha

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Sounds like an awesome weekend, and all of the coverage that i watched was great as well. Thanks to everyone who played, watched, judged, commentated, or followed along at home!
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

rhtm70
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by rhtm70 »

Congrats to Tom! Also, congrats to all the local guys that made a great showing including top 4 for Pete! Don't worry, Mike K., you'll get 'em next time. By the way didn't you finish ninth on day 1 the last time we had Nationals in Atlanta? I can't wait to watch the games when I get the time.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

rhtm70 wrote: Don't worry, Mike K., you'll get 'em next time. By the way didn't you finish ninth on day 1 the last time we had Nationals in Atlanta?
I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't want to think about this :lol: :lol:

Richard, I was hoping you and Kaleb would make it out! If you guys want to borrow decks for an event or something, let me know as it would be fun to have you guys out at an event again.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I will also tag along and say thanks to everyone. BIG thanks to the PC for letting us have Nats in Atlanta. A lot of the locals who came out to this one hadn't ever been to a major event and I just think that is awesome.

Also BIG thanks to Kevin Reitzel (former Decipher employee) for bringing awesome prize support unannounced including a worlds 98 finalist t-shirt, many other t-shirts (austin powers tcg yeaaaaah), and Decipher bags (I don't know what to call these, you know them if you've seen them).

And BIG thanks to Mike Kessling who had never let me down until Saturday night. I still <3 you. You did more legwork than all the rest of us locals combined.

Props to Jeremy for winning the consolation event and of course Tom for winning the real thing.

Also it was great to meet you Jan Beruda and I was so happy you still had that COTVG!

I want to apologize to all Scarif Rebels fans for scrubbing out day 1 with it. At least Reid stepped up to show us how its done day 2!

See you all at worlds!!

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Throdo wrote:Also BIG thanks to Kevin Reitzel (former Decipher employee) for bringing awesome prize support unannounced including a worlds 98 finalist t-shirt, many other t-shirts (austin powers tcg yeaaaaah), and Decipher bags (I don't know what to call these, you know them if you've seen them).
Woah - what's this?!?! Pics or it didn't happen!!!

agnos

Post by agnos »

agnos wrote:After my little nap, I feel much better. Big Thanks to everyone who helped set this up. I really enjoyed playing and seeing everyone again. Makes me want to play again and I was already thinking up lists on the drive back this morning :/

We’ll see
Obviously more tired than I thought. Big thanks to Throdo, Jeremy, BFred, Lingrell and everyone else who helped me out with decks and cards.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

@chriskelly
Vince has the Austin Powers t-shirt. I have no clue who else won what. Oh wait, I remember Tom won a bag he already owned for his girlfriend so now they can match :roll:
Last edited by Throdo on July 30th, 2018, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

agnos wrote:

We’ll see
Obviously more tired than I thought. Big thanks to Throdo, Jeremy, BFred, Lingrell and everyone else who helped me out with decks and cards.
BIG slops to agnos for DISAPPEARING and being nowhere to be found day 2. Dude I thought you might have died

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Oh and how can I forget big thanks to Pete for the King of Pops stash that was great man!

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Throdo wrote:I will also tag along and say thanks to everyone. BIG thanks to the PC for letting us have Nats in Atlanta. A lot of the locals who came out to this one hadn't ever been to a major event and I just think that is awesome.

Also BIG thanks to Kevin Reitzel (former Decipher employee) for bringing awesome prize support unannounced including a worlds 98 finalist t-shirt, many other t-shirts (austin powers tcg yeaaaaah), and Decipher bags (I don't know what to call these, you know them if you've seen them).

And BIG thanks to Mike Kessling who had never let me down until Saturday night. I still <3 you. You did more legwork than all the rest of us locals combined.

Props to Jeremy for winning the consolation event and of course Tom for winning the real thing.

Also it was great to meet you Jan Beruda and I was so happy you still had that COTVG!

I want to apologize to all Scarif Rebels fans for scrubbing out day 1 with it. At least Reid stepped up to show us how its done day 2!

See you all at worlds!!
Damnit, I knew I was missing someone....Definitely huge thanks to Kevin for the Decipher Squadron bags and Polo shirts.

PC Store Manager
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

If anyone who won a squadron bag is interested in selling, HMU...
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

This was an amazing time and I vote for future Atlanta events. I know we only got 24 and i said I would raffle a theed set off if we got 25 people but im gonna do it anyways.4 people who were coming all missed it because of random events.

Big props to Mike Kessling for organizing and putting up with me for a week. I love you brother. You are always so lovable and your laugh so boisterous. I had the best time bro. Jen was a delight and definitely the nice one... Made me feel welcome again as soon as she got home that day, you meany!

Props to Scott, Chris, and all the people involved with the PC for keeping the game we all love alive. I think I can speak for all of us... We appreciate you!

Props to my boy, Tom Haid, for again reminding us all we need to play better. What a machine! Huge congrats and awesome being a part of "team ringers" and winning the mugs with you... Half of the team was definitely a ringer! Jennifer was awesome, and she was always so enthralled in your games, she is great! Love you also bro... She is gonna have to share you! Thanks for the cheesecake bro, now I owe you one! Watch True Romance and Tombstone!

Props to Joe for taking the time to come do commentary for us... Can't wait to watch it all... Probably tonight when I get home lol. It was super fun commentating with you all day.

Biggest props to to my partners in crime, Jan Westergard and Chris "can replace any word that closely sounds like Wirfs, to Wirfs" Wirfs. You guys and Kessling are all super amazing and make every bit of these trips worth it. Love you guys! When you gonna come to Indy, Jan!?

Props to RSmith for being ridiculous and hilarious all the time. You made Friday and Saturday awesome, even if you tried to blame everything on Jan Beruda! Great showing man... After all the conversations on decks, of course you knocked me out with invasion which you told me to bring and I refused :(

Brandon Baity, Great conversations all weekend and so glad for your contributions to the community. The Lingrell interview was absolutely hilarious... I want do watch the whole thing! You rock man! Was great meeting your gf also, I feel so bad her name is slipping my mind but she is badass! Also... If there is ever anything crazy that is going on or someone who is in the know, it is definitely her... She is a Libra, she knows!

Hayes Hunter, where can I begin. You are awesome man, and hanging out with you made the trip great! Thanks for the hard work you put in this weekend bro. I vote we move to let Hayes TD worlds... Unless he will play. I saw how much you wanted to be playing, bro. Get your ass back in the game! Being the short one in a over the top hug is not something I can say happens to me often, but it wasn't bad at all haha

I wish I had gotten to hang out more with everyone... Jeremy, the fellow Brian's, Cellucci (spelled right?), Charlie, Grady and Vince, Johnathon, Caleb (get your ass back in the game too), Keith, Jan Beruda, all the people already mentioned above, you guys make events Wirfs it. Hope I didn't forget anyone. Had so much fun... Need to start playing more so I can stop letting down the 3 people who pick me for fantasy lol

See you all at Worlds!
Last edited by retwin316 on July 30th, 2018, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Was Also super awesome to see Brian Herold and Kevin Reitzal (hope I didn't butcher that) hope to see more of you guys!

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

retwin316 wrote:Was Also super awesome to see Brian Herold and Kevin Reitzal (hope I didn't butcher that) hope to see more of you guys!

And he was still wearing sunglasses at night

PC Store Manager

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Man, I thought I saw him in one of the pictures on FB, so cool!!!!
Kryptofis

Return to “US Nationals - July 27-29 2018”