Logistics

Atlanta, GA
arebelspy

Re: Logistics

Post by arebelspy »

I literally didn't take the train one time and just ubered because it was a horrible experience. And I'm not the type to waste money. I'm already dreading transportation at worlds.

:P

Kessling

Post by Kessling »

arebelspy wrote:I literally didn't take the train one time and just ubered because it was a horrible experience. And I'm not the type to waste money. I'm already dreading transportation at worlds.

I was actually looking into transit for worlds today and it looks rough (~90 minutes from EWR according to Google Maps).
Mike Kessling - Atlanta, Ga

Kessling

Post by Kessling »

Remaker wrote:pitt > NJ > SD > Boston > DC > Philly > any other city that an event was in > Atl.

it probably soured my whole experience down in atlanta for continentals, but it felt like everywhere i walked it smelled like piss. absolutely disgusting. probably isn't always like that, but wew lad it was bad.
Never heard anyone say the city smells like piss. That honor is reserved for New Orleans.

The area of downtown this event was in is more central and the hotel was much nicer than the Holiday Inn.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Kessling wrote:
Remaker wrote:pitt > NJ > SD > Boston > DC > Philly > any other city that an event was in > Atl.

it probably soured my whole experience down in atlanta for continentals, but it felt like everywhere i walked it smelled like piss. absolutely disgusting. probably isn't always like that, but wew lad it was bad.
Never heard anyone say the city smells like piss. That honor is reserved for New Orleans.

The area of downtown this event was in is more central and the hotel was much nicer than the Holiday Inn.
Continentals was at the Courtyard, which is super close to the Hyatt you guys were at this year.

For worlds, I think it looks better to leave from Manhattan than Newark. I always go to Manhattan for the MPC anyway, so if I'm able to make Worlds I'll be all set. It's in a totally different direction though.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Kessling

Post by Kessling »

puck71 wrote:
Kessling wrote:

Continentals was at the Courtyard, which is super close to the Hyatt you guys were at this year.

For worlds, I think it looks better to leave from Manhattan than Newark. I always go to Manhattan for the MPC anyway, so if I'm able to make Worlds I'll be all set. It's in a totally different direction though.
Courtyard - you're right. Even though it is only a few blocks away it's a big difference in proximity to certain amenities that were really well received (like the big food court attached via sky bridge).

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Kessling wrote:
arebelspy wrote:I literally didn't take the train one time and just ubered because it was a horrible experience. And I'm not the type to waste money. I'm already dreading transportation at worlds.

I was actually looking into transit for worlds today and it looks rough (~90 minutes from EWR according to Google Maps).
unfortunately the train stop the hotel is at in Morristown and Newark airport are on different train lines. So you have to take a train NE a few stops, and then switch lines and travel back SW, which is very inconvenient.

I am sure at least a couple of us may be available for pickups/drops, but Uber would definitely be a much shorter trip (22 miles driving, almost all highway).

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Return to “US Nationals - July 27-29 2018”