Atlanta, GA
spideyguy0

Re: Logistics

Post by spideyguy0 »

DTartagOne wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
DTartagOne wrote:
marines28 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:Curious how attendees in Pittsburgh the last few years feel about these categories for us. Genuinely curious to know, I think we are pretty good in some areas but lacking in others (public transit to name one).
The hotel last year had no microwave or cooler. Not cool, man, not cool.
Don't worry the hotel will change.
Does your sister work at a different hotel now?
She does. I am trying to figure out which one it is.
I heard it changes nightly

Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

spideyguy0 wrote:
DTartagOne wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
DTartagOne wrote:
marines28 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:Curious how attendees in Pittsburgh the last few years feel about these categories for us. Genuinely curious to know, I think we are pretty good in some areas but lacking in others (public transit to name one).
The hotel last year had no microwave or cooler. Not cool, man, not cool.
Don't worry the hotel will change.
Does your sister work at a different hotel now?
She does. I am trying to figure out which one it is.
I heard it changes nightly
Casey... really?

If you're going to make those jokes, at least do it to my mother, not my sister.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. Certainly didn't mean anything personal by it. I didn't even know you had a sister.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

spideyguy0 wrote:Sorry dude, couldn't resist. Certainly didn't mean anything personal by it. I didn't even know you had a sister.
Yeah, I keep her away from the Star Wars players.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Worlds 2020... Atlanta!!! Let's do this!

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

I'm down for that.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Reading Terminal Market. That was it.

Too bad the hotel was apparently rude.

The NJ train is bunk btw. Can't buy tickets there at the station, can't use a CC on board.

A SWCCG 4-7 day cruise would be sweet. Families could even come.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

arebelspy wrote:Reading Terminal Market. That was it.

Too bad the hotel was apparently rude.

The NJ train is bunk btw. Can't buy tickets there at the station, can't use a CC on board.

A SWCCG 4-7 day cruise would be sweet. Families could even come.
Was the ticket machine broken? I've had no issue getting tickets in New Brunswick.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

I had to go some very far away place to get tickets. There was no ticket machine down at the tracks or anything.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

arebelspy wrote:I had to go some very far away place to get tickets. There was no ticket machine down at the tracks or anything.
It's in the station.
John Anderson

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

There’s also a couple machines on the platform. Unless you’re talking about at the airport where you’re supposed to buy in the terminal before you get on the monorail?
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Yes, at the airport to the event. Places to buy tickets is stupid far from the tracks, so you go there, and then can't buy a ticket, and can't just buy from the conductor, and have to go find them, and it's the worst.

I'd rate Atlanta a 1 and NJ a 4 on transportation just for that.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

arebelspy wrote:Yes, at the airport to the event. Places to buy tickets is stupid far from the tracks, so you go there, and then can't buy a ticket, and can't just buy from the conductor, and have to go find them, and it's the worst.

I think I only used Newark once for the MPC, but there's a place to buy tickets pretty conveniently like on your way to the monorail thingy. You get a combo ticket that lets you use the monorail and then the train. I don't recall the details though.
John Anderson

NoLimit
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by NoLimit »

the only complaint I had about the Atlanta venue was that I didn't have cell service in the game room. everything else about the trip was amazing, and I'd love to go back.

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Curious what provider you have, I have Verizon and had no issues with reception. I wished I had no reception though because I got mistakenly added to some group chat of people apparently trying to coordinate finding each other at a baseball game and my phone was going nuts for about two hours.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

stimpy wrote:Curious what provider you have, I have Verizon and had no issues with reception. I wished I had no reception though because I got mistakenly added to some group chat of people apparently trying to coordinate finding each other at a baseball game and my phone was going nuts for about two hours. Image
I have Verizon and my cell reception was terrible in the hotel, and even a couple places nearby

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

NoLimit wrote:the only complaint I had about the Atlanta venue was that I didn't have cell service in the game room. everything else about the trip was amazing, and I'd love to go back.
'cuz you were too busy winning games :yes:
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

pitt > NJ > SD > Boston > DC > Philly > any other city that an event was in > Atl.

it probably soured my whole experience down in atlanta for continentals, but it felt like everywhere i walked it smelled like piss. absolutely disgusting. probably isn't always like that, but wew lad it was bad.

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

gogolen wrote:
stimpy wrote:Curious what provider you have, I have Verizon and had no issues with reception. I wished I had no reception though because I got mistakenly added to some group chat of people apparently trying to coordinate finding each other at a baseball game and my phone was going nuts for about two hours. Image
I have Verizon and my cell reception was terrible in the hotel, and even a couple places nearby
Very strange

Wish I had an explanation for the difference.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

puck71 wrote:
arebelspy wrote:Yes, at the airport to the event. Places to buy tickets is stupid far from the tracks, so you go there, and then can't buy a ticket, and can't just buy from the conductor, and have to go find them, and it's the worst.

I think I only used Newark once for the MPC, but there's a place to buy tickets pretty conveniently like on your way to the monorail thingy. You get a combo ticket that lets you use the monorail and then the train. I don't recall the details though.
I've used the station at Newark every time I've gone to NJ. So the MPCs and Worlds. Literally never had this problem that Joe has had. Ticket machine has always worked. It took credit card. I found they had plenty of people to assist in easy view so I could get directions on where I needed to go the first time I was there.

The only problem I've ever had was the Worlds event where the airtrain system was down. It took 30 minutes to get to the train tracks and I literally ran up as the train I wanted to be on was leaving. So I had to wait 40 minutes for the next one. Other than that though, zero problems with the NJ trains.

I know Emil got wrong info from the ticket buying place in New Brunswick one year and got on the wrong train because of it. Kyle has messed it up a bunch, but its Kyle so its kind of expected.

Return to “US Nationals - July 27-29 2018”