Primer: Diplomatic Mission To Alderaan (Diplo)

stimpy

Re: Diplomatic Mission to Alderaan (Diplo) primer

Post by stimpy »

sac89837 wrote:
• Harvest
o It’s a trap! It seems tempting, given that you run Owen + Beru + Moisture Farm, but most DS players pull out Code Clearance once they hit, and this shuts off more retrieval than you’ll get back, generally.
At the MPC in 2017, I retrieved 32 force with Harvest in 4 games. So are players wise to it now?

Also I switched to the square with ISB, last year. Is everyone doing it now?
My experience in the last year or so has been that as soon as I deploy the larses to the farm, code clearance gets pulled. Unless there’s a fo trooper on Tatooine or something.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

At some point we'll get to the point where no one expects you to play it and they don't pull the shield and you can play it again.

GrayChevyVan
GEMP Username: EHawbaker

Post by GrayChevyVan »

This is wonderful information, thank you!

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

So, where is dilpo at right now. How is it Being played these days?
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Re: Primer: Diplomatic Mission To Alderaan (Diplo)

Post by Apollyon »

It's been a while, but I updated the primer with a few cards.

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

Diplo still seems like a strong deck - one of my favorites

PaulMyers
Starter
Starter

Post by PaulMyers »

I just found this thread. Very cool discussion. I played Diplo in all 3 days of worlds. It went 7-0 with wins over Quirin Furgut’s HD-V twice (worlds 2nd place) by 22 and 20, Bastian’s bespin crv (Day 3 by 18 force), and Justin Desai’s HD-V on Day 2 by 15. The list is published on the forum. I welcome feedback on the design; if you have any ideas, please DM me on slack or email me at paulmmyers@gmail.com. I enjoy taking unpopular decks and making them viable!

zeexhalcyon
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: zeex

Post by zeexhalcyon »

PaulMyers wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 2:44 pm
I just found this thread. Very cool discussion. I played Diplo in all 3 days of worlds. It went 7-0 with wins over Quirin Furgut’s HD-V twice (worlds 2nd place) by 22 and 20, Bastian’s bespin crv (Day 3 by 18 force), and Justin Desai’s HD-V on Day 2 by 15. The list is published on the forum. I welcome feedback on the design; if you have any ideas, please DM me on slack or email me at paulmmyers@gmail.com. I enjoy taking unpopular decks and making them viable!
Sorry, I could look, but was your list the same each day? Any thoughts on specific card choices and/or matchups you saw during Worlds?

PaulMyers
Starter
Starter

Post by PaulMyers »

From Day 2 to Day 3, I changed the following:

Out: Ahsoka. In: Might of the Republic.
Out: Dodge #1. In: Evac Control.
Out: Nara #2. In: Guts.

Bubble Cards:
* Lost in the Wilderness for Hunt Down

As for tech cards, against CCT or Court, I start Guts instead of Wokling. Then, when I flip, I usually pull Solo. If it’s a really scum heavy meta, you could also add a Where’s Han. I put Solo in space to keep him protected and prevent Scum retrieval.

Against HD-V, you can watch my replays on twitch via SpideyGuy’s channel. I’m obviously digging for transmission terminated, and then I typically try to never deploy Luke unless I’m going to Vader’s site and can ensure that either they won’t get a swing via Antilles Maneuver, or if they get a swing, I have sniper protection via it’s a trap, and even then I still want to have old Ben. All this to say is still like to keep those cards in hand to survive defensive battles. So I typically avoid Vader. I don’t deploy luke because they can pull Vader EE into hand, and that Vader is the most dangerous character for this deck (alongside Ninth Sister).

Against decks that will occupy tatooine system and draw multiple destiny, I try and pull Evac control when I flip, assuming I don’t have Raddus and leadership.

Otherwise, if I have what I need in hand, I typically always use my deliver of the plans pull to get chewie protector. He’s extremely good... cards I pull with I must be allowed to speak when I deploy Leia and chewie are typically Owen and Beru, or celebration, or a 2nd or 3rd evasion card like barrier Houjix or old Ben.

I intend to do a special holotheatre with Dan during the first week of 2021 to provide an overview of how I approach the deck. Hopefully you can listen in!

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

After playing against CCT last night without guts and evac, I can agree those were good substitutions lol.

zeexhalcyon
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: zeex

Post by zeexhalcyon »

PaulMyers wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:36 am
I intend to do a special holotheatre with Dan during the first week of 2021 to provide an overview of how I approach the deck. Hopefully you can listen in!
Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely be on the look out for that Holotheatre. Diplo is the first deck I built when I started the game, so I love getting any additional insights on the deck.

PaulMyers
Starter
Starter

Post by PaulMyers »

My pleasure!

dillen
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: dillen

Post by dillen »

seitaer wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
After playing against CCT last night without guts and evac, I can agree those were good substitutions lol.
i had a similar build like paul (heavily inspired by him in pre world testing and it did very well against hdv) and all my day 1 games were against cct without guts... it was very hard.

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: jokerking

Post by Jedicon »

dillen wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 6:33 pm
seitaer wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
i had a similar build like paul (heavily inspired by him in pre world testing and it did very well against hdv) and all my day 1 games were against cct without guts... it was very hard.
Bad draw there. I think Diplo was a good meta-call otherwise.

Return to “Primers and Tutorials”