Online Weekend 2018, May 26-28

Plumbertim
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: Online Weekend 2018, May 26-28

Post by Plumbertim »

chriskelly wrote:Has anyone uncovered the exclusive foil cards for the weekend?
I was looking for those last night :)

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

this has been really fun, getting in a handful of games again. especially P-DS2 and random RTP builds =)
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Plumbertim wrote:
chriskelly wrote:Has anyone uncovered the exclusive foil cards for the weekend?
I was looking for those last night :)

I'm not sure they were added...I checked GEMP and I didnt see the holo versions in the deckbuilder

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Commander Fox
GEMP Username: Fox

Post by Commander Fox »

Today (28th of May)! Evening Euopean time
------

Stephan

EC Consolation 2017 winner, Netherlands Nationals 2018 winner, EC Consolation 2019 winner, First ever Dutchie in the World Championships top-8 (2019)

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

MIni TR - Battle of the 3 Chris's (this is the e-mail that I have submitted minus the screenshots)

I have managed to play in 3 games so far this weekend:

Game 1 My MKOS v Chris Gogolen's QMC (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... mu05i5elf5)

Chris flip's turn 2 whilst I bide my time and flip turn 3. On Chris's turn 3 he deploy's Cloud City Celebration, protected by Harc and Wedge, and Pucumir to up his damage output. My turn 4 is pretty huge: I deploy Darth Maul on his Infiltrator to cancel Celebration and Gailid to the AC to increase my damage output. The 3 JP site remain uncontested the entire game although Jyn does come down to prevent one of them. I also deploy a Probot to Pucumir's site who gets Barriered but this means that there is nowhere to hide for Pucumir. Chris's turn 4 and he deploys Melas (Barriered) and Dash on the Outrider and Jyn to the Lower Passages. On turn 5 I attack Leia, RP and Pucumir at the Guest Quarters with P-59. Pucumir is hit and I cancel Chris's BD with my objective so that I maintain a strong presence on CC. I consolidate my forces and draw into some characters to attack again next turn. On Chris's turn 5, EPP Obi and Rey clear my Probot and Greedo. On my turn 6 I attack Obi with Cad Bane and Leesub and Yoxgit with Zam. My retrieval engine is up and running and at this point Chris has 19 cards in his lost pile to my 5. Chris says gg.

Game 2 My Diplo v Chris Wirfs' Map (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... gw3usfh5zi)

Turn 1, Chris deploys Kylo, stick, shuttle, a trooper, Jakku and a site to SKB - man Map is fast! I open hand a Houjix and Spiral so I decide to play aggressively: MOn MOthma to the Tantive, Chandrilla, Alderaan, Cracken to the Dune Sea, move to Chandrilla and deploy Battle Plan. Turn 2, and Chris opts to set up Finalizer (with Hux and Peavey - I grab Command)) at Jakku rather than drain and another site to SKB whilst I use AntMan(v) to deploy Raymus. On my turn I again play aggressive: Cantina, Farm and Mos Eisley all go out. Spiral to Chandrilla, Blount to a SKB site, Madine to the Cantina (taking Cal into hand for the react). Transfer the droids and move Spiral to Alderaan to deliver the plans and flip (pulling a second Houjix) and the Tantive to SKB. Chris only has 6 cards in hand at this point and I'm holding double Houjix so I feel pretty secure spreading out. Turn 3, Chris drains for 4 and deploys in front of me everywhere! Isard to the SKB site to beatdown Blount, P-59 kills Cracken at the Dune Sea whilst Kir Kanos and Phasma deploy in front of Madine but do not battle (knowing that I had Cal in hand I guess meant that he couldn't afford the counterbeat). On my turn 3, I deploy Corran in front of Isard; EPP Luke and Leia in front of Kanos and Phasma and Bail to Spiral. The SKB site gets cleared and Luke, Leia and Madine clear the Cantina with 5 overflow. Chris only has 2 cards left in hand so I shuttle Mothma to the SKB site and move Spiral to Chandrilla threatening drains of 11 next turn. On turn 4, Chris deploys two troopers in front of Mothma and battles. I'm guessing that he forgot that I had Cal in hand as when I deploy him as a react he says gg.

Game 3 My MKOS v Chris Kelly's HITCO (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... fkeu2c3pjy)

This is the match-up that I dread the most! On my Turn 1 I judt deploy the AC and Nal Hutta and draw fearing an early beatdown. Chris's turn 1 and he deploys LS, JK (of course!) with his lightsaber to the AC. Turn 2, I deploy Jabba, S&V, Boelo and Jango and battle Luke causing 4 overflow whilst I only lost Jango who was hit. I made the mistake of not playing the Coward shield so Chris was able to Wokling the lightsaber back. On Chris's turn 2 he delivers a counterbeat with screaming Lando, LS, JK and the Lightsaber causing me 5 overflow whilst losing Lando. Turn 3 and I deploy Chall Bekan, Jabba's Haven for Jabba and Bib Fortuna to the AC. I spread with a Rodian and Greedo to flip and battle Luke. I drew high and cancelled his battle destiny causing a further 7 overflow. Chris said gg.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

Paul McPherson
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Paul McPherson wrote:MIni TR - Battle of the 3 Chris's (this is the e-mail that I have submitted minus the screenshots)

I have managed to play in 3 games so far this weekend:

Game 1 My MKOS v Chris Gogolen's QMC (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... mu05i5elf5)

Chris flip's turn 2 whilst I bide my time and flip turn 3. On Chris's turn 3 he deploy's Cloud City Celebration, protected by Harc and Wedge, and Pucumir to up his damage output. My turn 4 is pretty huge: I deploy Darth Maul on his Infiltrator to cancel Celebration and Gailid to the AC to increase my damage output. The 3 JP site remain uncontested the entire game although Jyn does come down to prevent one of them. I also deploy a Probot to Pucumir's site who gets Barriered but this means that there is nowhere to hide for Pucumir. Chris's turn 4 and he deploys Melas (Barriered) and Dash on the Outrider and Jyn to the Lower Passages. On turn 5 I attack Leia, RP and Pucumir at the Guest Quarters with P-59. Pucumir is hit and I cancel Chris's BD with my objective so that I maintain a strong presence on CC. I consolidate my forces and draw into some characters to attack again next turn. On Chris's turn 5, EPP Obi and Rey clear my Probot and Greedo. On my turn 6 I attack Obi with Cad Bane and Leesub and Yoxgit with Zam. My retrieval engine is up and running and at this point Chris has 19 cards in his lost pile to my 5. Chris says gg.

Game 2 My Diplo v Chris Wirfs' Map (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... gw3usfh5zi)

Turn 1, Chris deploys Kylo, stick, shuttle, a trooper, Jakku and a site to SKB - man Map is fast! I open hand a Houjix and Spiral so I decide to play aggressively: MOn MOthma to the Tantive, Chandrilla, Alderaan, Cracken to the Dune Sea, move to Chandrilla and deploy Battle Plan. Turn 2, and Chris opts to set up Finalizer (with Hux and Peavey - I grab Command)) at Jakku rather than drain and another site to SKB whilst I use AntMan(v) to deploy Raymus. On my turn I again play aggressive: Cantina, Farm and Mos Eisley all go out. Spiral to Chandrilla, Blount to a SKB site, Madine to the Cantina (taking Cal into hand for the react). Transfer the droids and move Spiral to Alderaan to deliver the plans and flip (pulling a second Houjix) and the Tantive to SKB. Chris only has 6 cards in hand at this point and I'm holding double Houjix so I feel pretty secure spreading out. Turn 3, Chris drains for 4 and deploys in front of me everywhere! Isard to the SKB site to beatdown Blount, P-59 kills Cracken at the Dune Sea whilst Kir Kanos and Phasma deploy in front of Madine but do not battle (knowing that I had Cal in hand I guess meant that he couldn't afford the counterbeat). On my turn 3, I deploy Corran in front of Isard; EPP Luke and Leia in front of Kanos and Phasma and Bail to Spiral. The SKB site gets cleared and Luke, Leia and Madine clear the Cantina with 5 overflow. Chris only has 2 cards left in hand so I shuttle Mothma to the SKB site and move Spiral to Chandrilla threatening drains of 11 next turn. On turn 4, Chris deploys two troopers in front of Mothma and battles. I'm guessing that he forgot that I had Cal in hand as when I deploy him as a react he says gg.

Game 3 My MKOS v Chris Kelly's HITCO (http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... fkeu2c3pjy)

This is the match-up that I dread the most! On my Turn 1 I judt deploy the AC and Nal Hutta and draw fearing an early beatdown. Chris's turn 1 and he deploys LS, JK (of course!) with his lightsaber to the AC. Turn 2, I deploy Jabba, S&V, Boelo and Jango and battle Luke causing 4 overflow whilst I only lost Jango who was hit. I made the mistake of not playing the Coward shield so Chris was able to Wokling the lightsaber back. On Chris's turn 2 he delivers a counterbeat with screaming Lando, LS, JK and the Lightsaber causing me 5 overflow whilst losing Lando. Turn 3 and I deploy Chall Bekan, Jabba's Haven for Jabba and Bib Fortuna to the AC. I spread with a Rodian and Greedo to flip and battle Luke. I drew high and cancelled his battle destiny causing a further 7 overflow. Chris said gg.
Thank you to ALL of the GEMP players who continue to keep this great game alive - without online play I think that I would have stopped playing by now. If any other Chris's fancy a game (I'm looking at you Menzel and yodad) then let me know :lol:
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

Vinny
Starter
Starter

Post by Vinny »

Almost forgot about this weekend! Will try to squeeze in a game today

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Grimtaash'd lost - and all of my Close Call(v)'s hit the lost pile.
Spoiler
Show
Cloak initiates playing •Grimtaash from hand
Cloak uses 4 Force
Cloak plays •Grimtaash from hand as Lost Interrupt to reveal opponent's hand
•Grimtaash revealed •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), First Order Stormtrooper, •Strategic Reserves (V), •General Grievous, •Dr. Evazan & •Ponda Baba, Imperial Barrier, •Specter Of The Supreme Leader from CRG's hand
Cloak causes •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V) be lost from CRG's hand
CRG puts •Close Call (V) on Lost Pile
Cloak puts •Grimtaash in Lost Pile
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

CRG wrote:Grimtaash'd lost - and all of my Close Call(v)'s hit the lost pile.
Spoiler
Show
Cloak uses 4 Force
•Grimtaash revealed •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), First Order Stormtrooper, •Strategic Reserves (V), •General Grievous, •Dr. Evazan & •Ponda Baba, Imperial Barrier, •Specter Of The Supreme Leader from CRG's hand
Cloak causes •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V), •Close Call (V) be lost from CRG's hand
Have to one-up you. I made Chris Kelly lose six cards on my first turn grimtaash against his destroyer droid invasion deck.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

1s2dl3
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by 1s2dl3 »

Dang I played 2 OCS games yesterday morning and did not SS either not knowing about this! MY name on Gemp is the Same as my ones for here on the forums.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

I managed to get exactly one game in over the weekend for the league.

A disastrous hunt down vs combat deck where the highest destiny i drew was a 4. I've never had that bad of luck in a game before. I couldn't even kill his jedi with both you can not hide forever subtracting and lord vader adding to the draws. Hilarious game in hindsight. Yoda kicking everyone's <deleted> off of Naboo.

Thekillerkiwi
GEMP Username: killerkiwi

Post by Thekillerkiwi »

1s2dl3 wrote:Dang I played 2 OCS games yesterday morning and did not SS either not knowing about this! MY name on Gemp is the Same as my ones for here on the forums.
You can screenshot the replay link too btw.
Brandon Baity

Please support my SWCCG Documentary - https://www.gofundme.com/star-wars-ccg-documentary

Check out my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/thenanashi

pipe29
Starter
Starter

Post by pipe29 »

Great Event, Playing all weekend

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
CRG wrote:Grimtaash'd lost - and all of my Close Call(v)'s hit the lost pile.
Spoiler
Show
Cloak uses 4 Force
Have to one-up you. I made Chris Kelly lose six cards on my first turn grimtaash against his destroyer droid invasion deck.
Superb Grimtaash plays, my friends.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

TechTerror
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

stimpy wrote:The first weekend league games are in the books! My diplo loses to CRG’s map after his early pressure is too much to overcome. Zlorfik defeats TechTerror in an earlier game. Well played everyone!
Zlorfik took me down with his Diplo vs my AOBS
My only other online weekend league game was a game down to the end of the wire time expired loss with my WYS vs. Kimura's ISB. Some epic battles there in space and in the Cantina. 3&4 force-loss force-drains being limited by Ultimatum and Resistance nearly every turn. Kimura proved to recirculate and pull from his deck impeccably.

Also had 4-5 PANH games and 2 open games vs Cloak and the_emp

Really this is the most concentrated SWCCG weekend I've experienced. Starting to get an idea of what it might be like to go to an event- all this plus tons of real live shuffling! And of course camaraderie- and I hope beer
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

TechTerror wrote: Really this is the most concentrated SWCCG weekend I've experienced. Starting to get an idea of what it might be like to go to an event- all this plus tons of real live shuffling! And of course camaraderie- and I hope beer
Shuffling, camaraderie and beer are guaranteed at all the big events.
You should really go to one, if you can affort time and money.
Can't remember anyons regretting it. It' really super fun.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Plumbertim
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Plumbertim »

Have the cards been mailed out yet?

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Nope, but should be in the next 10 days...unless you are going to Nationals

PC Store Manager
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

gogolen wrote:Nope, but should be in the next 10 days...unless you are going to Nationals
Will card shipments be combined with the online play weekend cards? Kill two birds with one stone... Although I can imagine keeping track of all this isn't easy.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

shawnd1984 wrote:
gogolen wrote:Nope, but should be in the next 10 days...unless you are going to Nationals
Will card shipments be combined with the online play weekend cards? Kill two birds with one stone... Although I can imagine keeping track of all this isn't easy.

combining shipments is the reason these cards take a little longer to get sent out...save the PC as much on shipping as possible.

The postal service is really cracking down on the rule that anything in a padded envelope be treated as a package ($3-3.50 instead of just .50-1.00), and I am not fond of the idea of just shipping these in a plain white envelope instead.

I managed to sneak a few through earlier this year, but lately they have been sending them back to me for additional postage.

PC Store Manager

Return to “Online Weekend - May 26-28 2018”