I'm so[MOD EDIT] sick of seeing this * forum

Forum rules
We have moved all of our bug reporting and tracking directly to Github. Please do not use this forum for reporting bugs anymore. Details on how to do this can be found here:

https://github.com/PlayersCommittee/gem ... lic/issues
3MW0J8

I'm so[MOD EDIT] sick of seeing this * forum

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Nt

Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Re: I'm so * sick of seeing this * forum

Post by sjacree »

This is how I felt about heartstone and they wouldn't do anything about it.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

I will talk to someone and see what can be done.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Would be nice if you could somehow choose not to see if there are new posts in a subforum. Like when I click mark all as read, and there is posts in a subforum that makes the whole forum unread... annoying.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Someone can make a user group to hide specific forums, like they did for forum games. I'm not sure what level of access you need to do it though - might be admins only. It would be pretty cool to be able to hide any forums you wanted but I don't know if that's possible.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

3MW0J8 wrote:Nt

get over it dude! its not that much of a hindrance to browsing via view new posts

let me ask you a question- why does it bother you so much, to the point of creating several threads about this issue? (including using profanity in the thread title which you didnt need to do) what is the problem? you have to sift through a few random posts when you browse? if theres more to it than that, id like to know, but if its just that.....
Jerry H

Image Image

3MW0J8

Re: I'm so[MOD EDIT] sick of seeing this * forum

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Cuz, (and this addresses Seth's HS concern tho I certainly feel u dog on that) every time I see a new thread in this forum I'm like "ho * there's some weird rules interaction" or "somebody broke X??"

But in reality, it's just another Gemp *.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

ok, so i can understand that it causes more posts/clutter and also can raise eyebrows just regarding the topics since maybe you'd see a card and it could lead to some broken interaction that you could maybe use in real cards, i get that

i use the Pbtech board style, and when i browse new posts, the subforum that the thread is located in is listed literally right under the thread title, so when im browsing new posts, i can easily see where each thread is located, and upon seeing that a thread is located inside the GEMP Bugs section, i choose not to click on it, if im not interested in reading the thread.

in the grand scheme of things, it wouldnt be prudent to have multiple sections of the forum be 'turn-off-able" as the way we have to do this is create a usergroup that everyone who wants out has to join, and when we have other usergroups dedicated to shutting off mafia/off topic/hearthstone etc creating another of just to turn off gemp bugs would be more work and also could cause issues with the folks who want to be on all the groups
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: Re: I'm so[MOD EDIT] sick of seeing this * forum

Post by arebelspy »

quesosauce37 wrote: in the grand scheme of things, it wouldnt be prudent to have multiple sections of the forum be 'turn-off-able" as the way we have to do this is create a usergroup that everyone who wants out has to join, and when we have other usergroups dedicated to shutting off mafia/off topic/hearthstone etc creating another of just to turn off gemp bugs would be more work and also could cause issues with the folks who want to be on all the groups
Creating a userground (edit:autocorrect) usergroup like this is a one time 3 minute setup (10 min if they don't remember how to do it and have to figure it out) for one person (a forum admin) that would save dozens of people time daily.

I don't understand why you think it wouldn't be "prudent" to make a "no Gemp" usergroup. Can you elaborate?
Last edited by arebelspy on September 16th, 2018, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Man, I'm glad I don't use New Topics or Unanswered Topics. Just Browse the forum old school style.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

arebelspy wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote: in the grand scheme of things, it wouldnt be prudent to have multiple sections of the forum be 'turn-off-able" as the way we have to do this is create a usergroup that everyone who wants out has to join, and when we have other usergroups dedicated to shutting off mafia/off topic/hearthstone etc creating another of just to turn off gemp bugs would be more work and also could cause issues with the folks who want to be on all the groups
Creating a userground like this is a one time 3 minute setup (10 min if they don't remember how to do it and have to figure it out) for one person (a forum admin) that would save dozens of people time daily.

I don't understand why you think it wouldn't be "prudent" to make a "no Gemp" usergroup. Can you elaborate?
Agreed, would love this.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

arebelspy wrote:
Creating a userground (edit:autocorrect) usergroup like this is a one time 3 minute setup (10 min if they don't remember how to do it and have to figure it out) for one person (a forum admin) that would save dozens of people time daily.

why have a forum if you can just turn it off? doesnt make sense to me. if you dont wanna read something, don. but im not the admins, so i dont know for certain how much of an issue it would be to do this, but i assume that since it isnt done yet that it isnt easy to implement.

i do know that the usergroups are a finicky bunch of settings as evidenced by how many of you folks had issues with the recent mafia game and being able to see the ovbs deck, then a bunch of people wanted moderator help to fix it, when its all because of usergroups...

the more we mess with this old forum language and its settings the more i can see the forums having issues, issues including running slow, having weird issues like VNP not working like it was a few weeks ago etc
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

None of that is related. That's like saying because there's hidden d&d forums I can't see, the forums won't work for everyone.

Certain forums being hidden or not to different permissions groups is a built in part of the forums, and one that doesn't take any extra overhead on the server.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

arebelspy wrote:None of that is related. That's like saying because there's hidden d&d forums I can't see, the forums won't work for everyone.

Certain forums being hidden or not to different permissions groups is a built in part of the forums, and one that doesn't take any extra overhead on the server.

then why hasnt the admins put it in yet? if its so easy and painless? i know they are aware of it, and have been for a while....

im guessing its less easy than you think
Jerry H

Image Image

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

JediJer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I used to run a few forums, and the issue was this. Usergroups created before the forum goes live work great and cause zero issues. Adding Usergroups once the forum is well populated leads to all sorts of permissions issues because the forum software seems to have a mind of its own wrt what new groups can see by default. It becomes a whole tangled mess if it isn't well monitored, even more so if there are multiple admin editing these permissions.

As a volunteer I could see this falling under "not worth it" especially considering the fact that our graphics guy is also one of the lead forum guys and that, for users, it's as simple as moving along.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

quesosauce37 wrote:
arebelspy wrote:None of that is related. That's like saying because there's hidden d&d forums I can't see, the forums won't work for everyone.

then why hasnt the admins put it in yet? if its so easy and painless? i know they are aware of it, and have been for a while....

im guessing its less easy than you think
Other priorities is my best guess. Otherwise you can ask them directly.
vhstapes wrote:JediJer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I used to run a few forums, and the issue was this. Usergroups created before the forum goes live work great and cause zero issues. Adding Usergroups once the forum is well populated leads to all sorts of permissions issues because the forum software seems to have a mind of its own wrt what new groups can see by default. It becomes a whole tangled mess if it isn't well monitored, even more so if there are multiple admin editing these permissions.

As a volunteer I could see this falling under "not worth it" especially considering the fact that our graphics guy is also one of the lead forum guys and that, for users, it's as simple as moving along.
I also have run forums.

I added a usergroup about a month ago to do some things.

Yes, you need to check the permissions carefully.

As I said, if you haven't done it in awhile, it'll take like 10 min. If you're familiar with all the boxes to check, it's much quicker.

You are right that JJ does a ton. It would make sense to me to leave him on graphics and add other competent forum administrators.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

arebelspy wrote:You are right that JJ does a ton. It would make sense to me to leave him on graphics and add other competent forum administrators.
This for sure (not that JJ isn't competent, cuz it could be read that way, but because he already does so much with graphics, especially considering all the new AIs n such).
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Oh geez, not what I meant at all, though I see how it can be read that way. I meant getting new competent admins in addition to JJ, to take some of the form administration load off of him.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

arebelspy wrote:Oh geez, not what I meant at all, though I see how it can be read that way. I meant getting new competent admins in addition to JJ, to take some of the form administration load off of him.
sounds like you just volunteered ;)
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

I mean, I would be happy to, but I don't think I'm particularly well liked among TPTB. And I understand why, so no hard feelings on my end.

Return to “GEMP Bugs”