Agents of the Black sun decides to no longer recognize bounty hunters as agents

Forum rules
We have moved all of our bug reporting and tracking directly to Github. Please do not use this forum for reporting bugs anymore. Details on how to do this can be found here:

https://github.com/PlayersCommittee/gem ... lic/issues
Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
GEMP Username: batmouse

Agents of the Black sun decides to no longer recognize bounty hunters as agents

Post by Batmouse »

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... jp1hoewhe7

either ds turn 8 or turn 9 black sun agents stop being black sun agents after Obi Wan Kenobi v hit the table. Last time i remember them being agents.

Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

hyvee_doughboy

Re: Agents of the Black sun decides to no longer recognize bounty hunters as agents

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

I was hoping this issue would magically go away. We saw this a long while back when AOBS was the only thing people were playing. We’ve now have 2 replays of it and one other unconfirmed report.

I don’t think it’s related to Obi.

Do you know if there were any ‘reverts’ around the time it stopped working?

We’ve had a few people look at this and are clueless as to how this can actually happen.
Tom M. - Maple Grove, Minnesota

Batmouse

Re: Agents of the Black sun decides to no longer recognize bounty hunters as agents

Post by Batmouse »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:I was hoping this issue would magically go away. We saw this a long while back when AOBS was the only thing people were playing. We’ve now have 2 replays of it and one other unconfirmed report.

We’ve had a few people look at this and are clueless as to how this can actually happen.
itcouldbewirfs ping
I think it was pretty clean. I may be misremembering though
The Sheriff of Gemp
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Batmouse wrote:
itcouldbewirfs ping

in order to 'ping' you need to do (quote="itcouldbewirfs") but replace the () with []
Jerry H

Image Image

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

quesosauce37 wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
itcouldbewirfs ping

in order to 'ping' you need to do (quote="itcouldbewirfs") but replace the () with []
I wish there was a what he said function that could just do that for me
The Sheriff of Gemp

arebelspy

Re: RE: Re: Agents of the Black sun decides to no longer recognize bounty hunters as agents

Post by arebelspy »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:I was hoping this issue would magically go away. We saw this a long while back when AOBS was the only thing people were playing. We’ve now have 2 replays of it and one other unconfirmed report.

It's not just coruscant v

When it happened first to me months and months ago I sent it to John Anderson via slack, and it was a game where both coruscant and prophecy's icon shut off at the same time-no activation from them, no adding to drain.

Prophecy still moved, but that's all it did.

So it wasn't related to bounty hunters not being agents.

It is a super weird bug, with no discernable pattern I've seen.

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

It also had to deal with the bounty hunters though because I couldn’t deploy cad bane because he was no longer a black sun agent. None of them may have been at that point
The Sheriff of Gemp

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

OK

i've been really patient with gemp for ocs

but i really do want my money back now
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Batmouse wrote:It also had to deal with the bounty hunters though because I couldn’t deploy cad bane because he was no longer a black sun agent. None of them may have been at that point
I haven't seen any of the other replays, but with the others was their a character OOP while the objective was flipped? In this match it appears that it is working correctly during the deploy phase where he kills luke, flips the objective, and then lets Fett go OOP. The next control phase it is obvious that game isn't recognizing the bounty hunter on faleen fist as it is a drain of 0 and he can't drain at the JCC because of simple tricks.

Thanks!

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

dorshe1 wrote:
Batmouse wrote:It also had to deal with the bounty hunters though because I couldn’t deploy cad bane because he was no longer a black sun agent. None of them may have been at that point
I haven't seen any of the other replays, but with the others was their a character OOP while the objective was flipped? In this match it appears that it is working correctly during the deploy phase where he kills luke, flips the objective, and then lets Fett go OOP. The next control phase it is obvious that game isn't recognizing the bounty hunter on faleen fist as it is a drain of 0 and he can't drain at the JCC because of simple tricks.

Thanks!
I think this is what wirfs pointed out. The fett oop was what he thought triggered it.
The Sheriff of Gemp

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Duplicate.

Thanks!
Last edited by dorshe1 on April 2nd, 2019, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

dorshe1 wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
dorshe1 wrote:

Thanks!
I think this is what wirfs pointed out. The fett oop was what he thought triggered it.
It is worth a try to test out. I assume a character being put out of play when they are on the 7 side is sufficiently rare that it wouldn't happen every match, but often enough that it happens to people since maintenance Fett is popular.

If we have more examples I can watch those too.

Thanks!

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I know this one seems to be a mystery but I want to bump it as it seems like too big an issue to leave out there.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Have you guys tried just deleting and recoding the card?

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

gogolen wrote:Have you guys tried just deleting and recoding the card?
That sounds messy to me. I don't even know if we're sure it's something specific to the aobs code. That could be a lot of work without solving it (and worse, could miss something else and make it worse).
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

fungineer wrote:I know this one seems to be a mystery but I want to bump it as it seems like too big an issue to leave out there.
They know it is an issue but can't replicate it. If they can't replicate it they can't fix it

Thanks!

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

dorshe1 wrote:
fungineer wrote:I know this one seems to be a mystery but I want to bump it as it seems like too big an issue to leave out there.
They know it is an issue but can't replicate it. If they can't replicate it they can't fix it

Thanks!
So how often does it happen? Could it be something that will just fix itself on its own as soon as they code Kalit?
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Has anyone even come across it recently? I've played probably 20 games with AOBS since this thread was started and haven't had it happen to me, and I've probably spectated the same number of AOBS games and never saw it happen to anyone else.

I'm sure it didn't just go away on its own, but would be curious to know how frequent it's been over the last 3 months.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

I think it’s people not letting boba fett go out of play when it’s flipped really
The Sheriff of Gemp

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Been playing AOBS pretty regularly with no issues, but finally got hit with this tonight.

Replay: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... qyi7kl9rs7

Occured at the start of DS turn #6.

I was on the 0 side at the time, and had been for a couple of turns.

I had not placed Fett (or any other characters) out of play. I had just retrieved Fett using the Sewer towards the end of LS turn #5, but doubt that would be related.

Also looks like it doesn't just impact bounty hunters. Coruscant was no longer a bg at the start of this turn, which implies that Guri also lost her status as a black sun agent. LS lost a force icon at the start of the turn, presumably from Coruscant...but strangely, DS didn't lose it's extra icon from occupying with an agent.

There were a handful of reverts during the game. But I ran through the replay and none of them should break it.

Hope these details are helpful in trying to find some common denominator.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

Return to “GEMP Bugs”