Hotel & Accomodation Info

Bochum, Germany
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Hotel & Accomodation Info

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Questions about the acora. Are the triple rooms 3 single beds? The pictures look like 2 beds + maybe a couch/pull out bed?

I booked a triple thinking I could fill it but I have at least one opening now. Does anyone want to split the room? If there are 3 beds I'm open to splitting it 3 ways.

If nobody is interested, I believe they have a good policy on modifying reservations? Has anyone done that before?

Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Team Wales has probably the best idea what the triple room looks like.

And yes, I believe they are ok with modifying reservations.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Darth Eweuge
DS Region: Naboo

Post by Darth Eweuge »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Questions about the acora. Are the triple rooms 3 single beds? The pictures look like 2 beds + maybe a couch/pull out bed?

I booked a triple thinking I could fill it but I have at least one opening now. Does anyone want to split the room? If there are 3 beds I'm open to splitting it 3 ways.

If nobody is interested, I believe they have a good policy on modifying reservations? Has anyone done that before?
Triple/quad room is usually one bed room with 2 single beds and a fold out double bed in the in the lounge. The lounge is open plan along with basic kitchen facilities.

We book one every year and there are 4 of us that travel, it’s never felt small or cramped.
2012 - UK Regional Champion
2017 - Ralltiir Regional Champion
Kevin Jaap
TEAM WALES

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Darth Eweuge wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:Questions about the acora. Are the triple rooms 3 single beds? The pictures look like 2 beds + maybe a couch/pull out bed?

Triple/quad room is usually one bed room with 2 single beds and a fold out double bed in the in the lounge. The lounge is open plan along with basic kitchen facilities.

We book one every year and there are 4 of us that travel, it’s never felt small or cramped.
Nice, thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be keeping the triple then, so if 2 others are looking for a room, let me know first. Already got the room booked, just need some roommates.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Darth Eweuge wrote:

Note: Kevin sleeps in the overhead compartment of airplanes so he might not be the best judge here.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Not sure, if he'd sleep there if you put John and Pete in there as well. ;)
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Darth Eweuge wrote:

Have you guys booked already. Are you confirmed? I need to add some Europeans non-Americans to the list. ;)
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Darth Eweuge

Post by Darth Eweuge »

Shadow 14 wrote:
Darth Eweuge wrote:

Have you guys booked already. Are you confirmed? I need to add some Europeans non-Americans to the list. ;)
Yep hotel and Marc’s pirate boat (ferry) booked, we arrive on Thursday afternoon
2012 - UK Regional Champion
2017 - Ralltiir Regional Champion
Kevin Jaap
TEAM WALES

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Yeah, Team Wales!!
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

ketwol wrote:I'll definately be going. Meeting with Uli & Gerald today and will make at least my reservation quite soon.
Did you guys book yet?
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

Shadow 14 wrote:
ketwol wrote:I'll definately be going. Meeting with Uli & Gerald today and will make at least my reservation quite soon.
Did you guys book yet?
Just sent a reservation mail for a double room. Will ask people at the Ralltiir Regionals on saturday who is interested.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Thanks, Quirin. Keep me updated, and have fun!
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

FYI they just told me no rooms are available :(
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Xanth wrote:FYI they just told me no rooms are available :(

Aleo looks to be right around the corner, cheap, and kinda bare bones.

Then more traditional / nicer looking hotels all appear to be about a 15 minute walk from the acora.

Any recommendations?

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Aleo/Aleppo is fine enough as far as I know. Just make sure you get the hostel rooms and not the hotel rooms (we took these last year, and they were pretty expensive).
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

aermet69 wrote:Aleo/Aleppo is fine enough as far as I know. Just make sure you get the hostel rooms and not the hotel rooms (we took these last year, and they were pretty expensive).
Got a link by chance?
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Acora has been fully booked for a month or so.
Aleppo is fine, we've stayed there before.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

ketwol

Post by ketwol »

Xanth wrote:
aermet69 wrote:Aleo/Aleppo is fine enough as far as I know. Just make sure you get the hostel rooms and not the hotel rooms (we took these last year, and they were pretty expensive).
Got a link by chance?
Here's a link for booking:

https://www.german-hostels.de/en/hostel ... el-aleo/25

Maybe you get it cheaper via their homepage:

https://hotel-aleo.de/de_DE/reservierung

Hostel is far cheaper. Since I messed up the booking with the Acora earlier this year, I will be staying at the aleo (which is right around the corner of the acora, so going over to have a drink or two shouldn't be an issue :)).

ketwol

Post by ketwol »

They got no place left in the hostel. Booked a single room there for 75€ / night. Ain't cheap, but whatever. I got better conditions after trying to get a hostel room. I would recommend for you to go the same route, if you try to get a room there.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I just talked to the Acora and booked my own room. ;)
(LOL, booking for every-one but myself)

The Acora STILL HAS 6 ROOMS AVAILABLE.

You HAVE TO Refer to the "STAR WARS WORLDS" contingent. Otherwise they are booked out!
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Return to “World Championships - September 20-22 2019”