quickdraw3457 wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 4:27 pm
DTartagOne wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 4:15 pm
Silverglen wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 11:37 am
68 - this is getting BIG
Three more to top last year's event!
Pretty sure actual attendance last year was 69, and it was the largest attended world championship since at least 2005 (but we don't seem to have data prior to 2005 - if someone has that, would be really cool to add to the Wikipedia page).
The 68 include our TDs as Number 1 so you are both correct. 3 more would bring us to 70 players.

Edit: And we got one more. Seemingly Casper, Chris and Uli managed to drag Julian Fuss out of retirement in a long time team effort. Unsure if I know the guy from way back but he was seemingly pretty good at some point. So looking forward to meeting him.

"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImageImage

Yoda007

Re: Euro Worlds Pre-registration and Roll Call

Post by Yoda007 »

Julian was top8 at the last words held in europe. I'm happy that Chris managed to convince him!
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I was pm-ing and trying to get some old friends all weekend. ;)

Had some luck, but not as much as I wanted.

It seems there are NO FRENCH resident players at Worlds this year. :(
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

honestly, I almost can't stand watching that list. Just tortured my way through it anyways. Damn. this is going to be amazing. And I just know for a fact, that Chris, tamas and the rest of the EU-team will make this event unforgettable. On top of that I love the meta right now and am building decks like crazy ATM. So the actual playing of SW cards would have been great too.

These events are about all the other stuff too, though. id love to meet all the murricans I haven't met IRL yet. Lots of legends that I always wanted to chat to, the westergaards (idk why. maybe its the danish surname), Hayes (even now that he doesn't drink no more), Krueger (I used to always build his decks when I returned to the game) and Baroni obviously. Fred too. all of you actually. Im sure you'll all have a great time over here.

And then theres Kevin. Im sure he is in the bat cave busy at work creating wonderful AIs, foils and what not. The Welsh bounty system, the Vikings and Counts craziness and all the talking and drinking. Basse and Gunnar are on the list too. Haven't seen those guys in a million years. And obviously my own Danish bros from CPH and farmerville and my good buddy from across the sea, Emil. And then theres Justin Silverglen who stole my heart last year. This event will even see the return of the exiled dane, Christian. Things couldn't be better, basically.

i was so hyped for this. Missing out on it will haunt me for years to come. There is still a slim chance, that my GF will be able to get someone to take here 3-day shift in the last moment but until now, no-one has wanted to help her out. Three day evening weekend shifts are not easy to swop. People may still change plans though and maybe something will pop up last minute, so im keeping my fingers crossed. it has happened before. IF that happens, ill sleep on top of Christian who has my bed at the hotel now.

im not counting on it though. So for now ill just wish you all a happy worlds. Its going to be awesome.

hugs and kisses.

Toby
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

Twotak

Post by Twotak »

TB wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 6:13 am
honestly, I almost can't stand watching that list. Just tortured my way through it anyways. Damn. this is going to be amazing. And I just know for a fact, that Chris, tamas and the rest of the EU-team will make this event unforgettable. On top of that I love the meta right now and am building decks like crazy ATM. So the actual playing of SW cards would have been great too.

These events are about all the other stuff too, though. id love to meet all the murricans I haven't met IRL yet. Lots of legends that I always wanted to chat to, the westergaards (idk why. maybe its the danish surname), Hayes (even now that he doesn't drink no more), Krueger (I used to always build his decks when I returned to the game) and Baroni obviously. Fred too. all of you actually. Im sure you'll all have a great time over here.

And then theres Kevin. Im sure he is in the bat cave busy at work creating wonderful AIs, foils and what not. The Welsh bounty system, the Vikings and Counts craziness and all the talking and drinking. Basse and Gunnar are on the list too. Haven't seen those guys in a million years. And obviously my own Danish bros from CPH and farmerville and my good buddy from across the sea, Emil. And then theres Justin Silverglen who stole my heart last year. This event will even see the return of the exiled dane, Christian. Things couldn't be better, basically.

i was so hyped for this. Missing out on it will haunt me for years to come. There is still a slim chance, that my GF will be able to get someone to take here 3-day shift in the last moment but until now, no-one has wanted to help her out. Three day evening weekend shifts are not easy to swop. People may still change plans though and maybe something will pop up last minute, so im keeping my fingers crossed. it has happened before. IF that happens, ill sleep on top of Christian who has my bed at the hotel now.

im not counting on it though. So for now ill just wish you all a happy worlds. Its going to be awesome.

hugs and kisses.

Toby
Well At least i wont have to carry you thru´team turnement again ;)

you crazy whipcream boy- it breakes my heart you cant go, i really meen that, i know what it meens to ya´buddy. who the hell is going to take the mantle from you in a game of counts VS vikings now`?

You will be midssed.
Rasmus Juul. Winner of No Turnement ever

Silverglen
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: silverglen

Post by Silverglen »

I love me some Danish bromance :<3:
Welsh National Winner 2019, 5th Euro 2018, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Death Star wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 2:17 am

The 68 include our TDs as Number 1 so you are both correct. 3 more would bring us to 70 players.

Edit: And we got one more. Seemingly Casper, Chris and Uli managed to drag Julian Fuss out of retirement in a long time team effort. Unsure if I know the guy from way back but he was seemingly pretty good at some point. So looking forward to meeting him.
Ah ok I wasn't sure if Menzel/Tamas were going to play or not.
TB wrote:
hugs and kisses.

Toby
You're listed on the pre-reg list still, but that's too bad you probably can't make it :( Was looking forward to meeting you!

So I guess the correct number at the moment is 67?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Neither of us is playing. :( and the correct number is 67 currently yes.

I hope some surprise players show up. And someone from France. C'mon guys, no Jimmy, no wars? :)
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

Yoda007 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am

I hope some surprise players show up. And someone from France. C'mon guys, no Jimmy, no wars? :)
Oh boo- why aren't either of you playing?
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

TB wrote:
So I guess the correct number at the moment is 67?
:( :( :(
It won't be the same without you
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Xanth wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 10:05 am
Yoda007 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am

Oh boo- why aren't either of you playing?
There are so many things prepared that we need exactly 2 siths to cover all tasks.

@TB you'll be missed. :(
Tamas Papp

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Yoda007 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 10:58 am
There are so many things prepared that we need exactly 2 siths to cover all tasks.

@TB you'll be missed. :(
x2
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Please read this topic in regard to special food requests (gluten free, lactose, vegetarian, etc.) and post there:
/viewt ... 9f99a6b284
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I have fixed the upload for the decklists from the EC, since it was the last major event.

You can download the lists (again) here:
viewtopic.php?f=1128&t=73016&p=1264499#p1264499
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Shadow 14 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:21 am
I have fixed the upload for the decklists from the EC, since it was the last major event.

I just fixed the links for these on the website last night too so they're also available there in text format (except for the 2 players whose lists were lost).
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:36 am
Shadow 14 wrote:

I just fixed the links for these on the website last night too so they're also available there in text format (except for the 2 players whose lists were lost).
Are the decklists for US Continentals up, too?
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Shadow 14 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 8:07 am
quickdraw3457 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 7:36 am
Shadow 14 wrote:

Are the decklists for US Continentals up, too?
No, see the other thread that has been discussing this the last week or so.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

I'm booked for a flight to Dusseldorf from Zurich... I have no idea what I am doing, where I am going, or what I will find when I get there...

Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Jeeps wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 7:51 am
I'm booked for a flight to Dusseldorf from Zurich... I have no idea what I am doing, where I am going, or what I will find when I get there...

You will fit right in here, Peter! ;)
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Jeeps wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 7:51 am
I'm booked for a flight to Dusseldorf from Zurich... I have no idea
Just keep trying until you win, or your chances are spent.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Return to “World Championships - September 20-22 2019”