Twitch stream a joke?

Bochum, Germany
teh_brainiac
LS Region: Bespin

Twitch stream a joke?

Post by teh_brainiac »

is it really that hard to test streaming equipment beforehand? even the commentators cant make out half the stuff going on, not a good look for the game for any narps that might wander by.

just an above average minnesotan

3MW0J8

Re: Twitch stream a joke?

Post by 3MW0J8 »

It's Europe man they do what they want.

Just like the Americans all get listed in the pairings by their full names whereas the Euros are all the King, the Pirate, the Bird...

Oh those cheeky euros and their third world internet and hilarious alter egos! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

3MW0J8 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 10:33 am
It's Europe man they do what they want.

Just like the Americans all get listed in the pairings by their full names whereas the Euros are all the King, the Pirate, the Bird...

Oh those cheeky euros and their third world internet and hilarious alter egos! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure would hate to see even a little amount of professionalism at a worlds type event!

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

they're doing a great job with what's available to them

thanks to the casters for some quality content so far
-Keith Brown

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Not to mention we have six 4-0 players but for some reason we're dumpster diving down to table 9 for streaming matchup, boom turn 2 concede and now the casters basically have to filler for a whole * hour.

Like come the * on guys. Put some good players on stream. Bastian is not scooping on turn 2.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Glad i stayed up for all this time and spend a couple days off work making sure i could do this for the community only to be called a joke
Jerry H

Image Image

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:14 am
they're doing a great job with what's available to them

thanks to the casters for some quality content so far
Casters have been fine, I just thought we were proficient enough to have a legible stream for a detailed orientated game

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

quesosauce37 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:32 am
Glad i stayed up for all this time and spend a couple days off work making sure i could do this for the community only to be called a joke

Not even Tony Romo and John Madden commentating could make this watchable. Youtube videos from 2007! with pistone and reid have better resolution.

mrfahrenheit7
DS Region: Endor
GEMP Username: mjturner

Post by mrfahrenheit7 »

teh_brainiac wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote:

Not even Tony Romo and John Madden commentating could make this watchable. Youtube videos from 2007! with pistone and reid have better resolution.
Wow, what a backhanded compliment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mike Turner - 2017 & 2018 Montana State Champion, 2018 Washington State Champion
Hunter wrote:Someone just outhookied thehooky.
TacoBill wrote:Your game plan is to lose the AC? Seems questionable

Yoshi
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Yoshi »

Kudos to the commentary. The picture is what it is right now and has improved since the first matches.

I know we don’t have direct control, but to Reid’s point, I hope to see more of the top tables for the next matchups (while balancing for deck diversity). Fortunately, we’re not seeing TRM vs AOBS in most matchups like last year.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

quesosauce37 wrote:
You guys did great. I had to crash early but will rewatch it. Was entertained for first round.
teh_brainiac wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:43 am

Yea I guess being right outside the main room in a hallway with the video feed coming to you through USB is much better than being broadcast through some bar wifi. I doubt the bar wifi has more than 5-10 mbps upload. That is going to affect the stream. I also believe the bar got wifi specifically for us for this event. They didn't even have it last year at Euros, I don't think. Europe's broadband is much like the US broadband speed. Major cities have great speeds and smaller ones don't. Bochum isn't NYC. To get quality resolution, you're going to pretty much need the upload speeds that fiber offers because most broadband upload speeds just suck ass, even in the states.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

CoffeePass

Post by CoffeePass »

I enjoyed listening to the commentary -- pretty insightful.

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

teh_brainiac wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:50 am
is it really that hard to test streaming equipment beforehand? even the commentators cant make out half the stuff going on, not a good look for the game for any narps that might wander by.
This is completely uncalled for. The TDs, Jerry and Dan bent over backwards to make a stream available in Europe for the first time and deserve praise and thanks.

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Wokling wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm
teh_brainiac wrote:
This is completely uncalled for. The TDs, Jerry and Dan bent over backwards to make a stream available in Europe for the first time and deserve praise and thanks.
i really enjoyed having your commentary as well sir, you play chess where as i play checkers at the top level strat type stuff at this game so i liked having you to explain high level plays
Jerry H

Image Image

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

<3

Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

You guys did great on the commentary. I was bouncing in and out for most of the day. My wife only gave me a hard time once (in a loving way) for streaming while we were running errands earlier today.

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Yoshi wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 6:18 pm
You guys did great on the commentary. I was bouncing in and out for most of the day. My wife only gave me a hard time once (in a loving way) for streaming while we were running errands earlier today.
She's a keeper.
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

Wokling wrote:
teh_brainiac wrote:
is it though? worlds event, months in the works, previous euro streams with better quality. i have zero issues being labeled a bad guy here. tbh i would rather have a stream with no commentary, but with a feed that is actually watchable.

id be pissed if i took time off work or volunteered to commentate on this stream and this was the quality provided to me.

i dont think its in bad form to request a stream where i can make out the cards lol.

i have said nothing bad about the commentators, my only issue is that the resolution is that of a camcorder from the 1980s. sorry if i thought the pc had better standards than this.

mrfahrenheit7
GEMP Username: mjturner

Post by mrfahrenheit7 »

teh_brainiac wrote:
Wokling wrote:
teh_brainiac wrote:
is it though? worlds event, months in the works, previous euro streams with better quality. i have zero issues being labeled a bad guy here. tbh i would rather have a stream with no commentary, but with a feed that is actually watchable.

id be pissed if i took time off work or volunteered to commentate on this stream and this was the quality provided to me.

i dont think its in bad form to request a stream where i can make out the cards lol.

i have said nothing bad about the commentators, my only issue is that the resolution is that of a camcorder from the 1980s. sorry if i thought the pc had better standards than this.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Why dont you volunteer to td a world level tournament and have every single thing go off without a hitch? Or offer to help purchase the pc a new camera? Maybe you could pitch in and help fund a faster internet connection for majors.
Constructive criticism is welcome.
The last thing you need to do is spill vitriol and rude comments about something that other people worked hard to put on for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mike Turner - 2017 & 2018 Montana State Champion, 2018 Washington State Champion
Hunter wrote:Someone just outhookied thehooky.
TacoBill wrote:Your game plan is to lose the AC? Seems questionable

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

The equipment available to us in Europe is not the same as our US streams. We have never had a live feed for a European tournament before, and tried to do our best to find a way to make something work for the players that couldn't be here.

This was the best we could do with what we had to work with, and hopefully something was better than nothing.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Return to “World Championships - September 20-22 2019”