Twitch stream a joke?

Bochum, Germany
Calaglin

Re: Twitch stream a joke?

Post by Calaglin »

So we've been trying for the last 2 hous to find a better solution for the stream, but we can't go around he limits of the wifi here. We changed the table that's something. The mobile internet is also not an option, it's only regular 4G.

Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

yes after much testing this morning we could achieve slightly better image quality at a MAJOR reduction in transmission speed, it would freeze for 2 seconds every 5 or 6 causing us to miss plays rather than the way we had it yesterday which was smoothe, but low quality
Jerry H

Image Image

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

I watched your test on Twitch. Must better than yesterday. Choppy sometimes, yes, but much higher resolution. I'd personally rather have some choppiness and skipped frames but be able to see the cards clearly... :???

Why can't you just stream this directly?

DutchVader

Post by DutchVader »

teh_brainiac wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 7:09 pm
Wokling wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm
teh_brainiac wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:50 am
is it really that hard to test streaming equipment beforehand? even the commentators cant make out half the stuff going on, not a good look for the game for any narps that might wander by.
This is completely uncalled for. The TDs, Jerry and Dan bent over backwards to make a stream available in Europe for the first time and deserve praise and thanks.
is it though? worlds event, months in the works, previous euro streams with better quality. i have zero issues being labeled a bad guy here. tbh i would rather have a stream with no commentary, but with a feed that is actually watchable.

id be pissed if i took time off work or volunteered to commentate on this stream and this was the quality provided to me.

i dont think its in bad form to request a stream where i can make out the cards lol.

i have said nothing bad about the commentators, my only issue is that the resolution is that of a camcorder from the 1980s. sorry if i thought the pc had better standards than this.
@teh_brainic: WTF?! Totally uncalled for...

The webcam, camera stand, and lighting used is the same as I brought to the European Championship this July. The only difference is that for the EC I recorded the games and shared them with Quesosauce, and for Worlds they are livestreaming the games. So I really believe it to be a bandwidth problem...

@Quesosauce: Thanks for everything you are doing for the PC!!

Stefan / DutchVader

meaglyn
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by meaglyn »

Fwiw, it looks much better so far today. Thanks for all the hard work on this!

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

3MW0J8 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:17 am
Not to mention we have six 4-0 players but for some reason we're dumpster diving down to table 9 for streaming matchup, boom turn 2 concede and now the casters basically have to filler for a whole * hour.

Like come the * on guys. Put some good players on stream. Bastian is not scooping on turn 2.
* you too, bro.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Sorry, but I am not just offended for myself. The amount of effort that went into this event is obscene. You don't have to * on anyone to make your points.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Weyoun9846135
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

Meto wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 10:19 am
Sorry, but I am not just offended for myself. The amount of effort that went into this event is obscene. You don't have to * on anyone to make your points.
x2
I feel the same
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Meto wrote:
People forget the point of running the events is for the people that go, not the people that stay in the comfy combines of their houses. They think they are entitled to something that they put nothing towards.

Every event has an insane amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to make it work. Every event has someone putting up their own cash to make it fire. When people volunteer, they will see a lot of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes and what people put up. Then they might not be so quick to bash and instead realize what is going on and what it took to even get to the point we are at.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

So if we want to pull something constructive out of this discussion, we have to ask ourselves a question. Given the limitations of the venue, is it better to have higher quality video uploaded after the fact or a lower quality live stream? I agree that the event is, primarily, for the players, but something as high profile as Worlds could bring people out of the woodwork, so there's also merit to putting out the best quality coverage possible.

Just like discussing card design and everything else related to the game right now, we need to be able to provide constructive feedback respectably without making hard working volunteers feel like they're not appreciated for what they do.

*Edit for clarification. I mean that we need to be nice when criticizing, not that volunteers shouldn't be offended when we're jerks.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Just to be clear, I don't give a * about the stream. I am glad people are working hard in it. I just let you know that the resolution sucked and my preference is to not watch streams with bad resolution.

Others aren't as picky and more power to them.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

Honestly, it's been a lot better today. If it's between the quality we've had on the livestream today versus delayed upload of recorded videos, I'd rather have the livestream quality we've had today.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
Like come the * on guys. Put some good players on stream. Bastian is not scooping on turn 2.
The irony here is that Bastian did in fact scoop a game on turn 2 yesterday.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

spideyguy0 wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:

Point Casey.

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

arebelspy wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 3:20 pm
spideyguy0 wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:

Point Casey.
How did that happen?

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

A
Last edited by Harpster on September 22nd, 2019, 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Thank you to all the volunteers at the venue and the commentators who got up all early to make this international stream happen - and for keeping me entertained all weekend. I’m really appreciative of your efforts!!

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

A
Last edited by Harpster on September 22nd, 2019, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

A
Last edited by Harpster on September 22nd, 2019, 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

Harpster wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 4:59 pm
Meto wrote:
Apparently we do though because a simple “the stream quality’s isn't up to a Worlds standard” approach is being heard.

Wirfs puts in an insane amount of time getting all the required stuff to male Endor’s events stream worthy and it shows.

If people cant take criticism on the chin I would say do ever host anything.
Hey man, go * yourself. You have no basis for your first statement because no one * said that. Had they, we, the volunteers, would have heard it. What really pisses me off is the the lack of tact and understanding on the part of those offering "criticism." It's one thing to offer criticism and it's another to * on something. It's a shame that you can't see the difference.

Return to “World Championships - September 20-22 2019”