MA League Event #4 (March 2019)

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

MA League Event #4 (March 2019)

Post by Hutch »

What: 4 Game, Swiss Constructed Deck tournament. Differential scoring (SoS scoring if we have >10 players).
When: Sunday, March 24th, start time 11:00 am.
Where: Gaming Etc., 531 Main St H, Acton, MA 01720
Entry fee: $10 suggested donation per person*

The 2019 League Kit has been ordered and hypothetically should be on hand for this event. All participants will receive PC provided foils, AIs, and/or v-slips. I can/will bring extra decks with me if anyone has a friend who would like to play and doesn't have cards. If you need to borrow cards/decks, post here in this forum or PM me and we'll see what we can source. Also, please post if you plan on attending so we know who all we are waiting on that day.

*In light of the passing of one of our local players, 100% of the entry fees for this event will be given as a donation in memory of Sam deWahl to the Enosburg Falls High School Music Department. Anyone unable to attend but that would still like to donate, please PM dredged14 or myself to set this up.
Last edited by Hutch on March 8th, 2019, 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

JeffSkilz
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Re: MA League Event #4 (March)

Post by JeffSkilz »

I should be there along with Travis. He has been actively acquiring to build clones of the decks he has been borrowing (or at least close to clones) but I'm not sure if he is quite there yet... may need to borrow one more time.

dredged14
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by dredged14 »

I'll be there. My son might come as well, but not sure about that yet.

Just an FYI to the group, many of you new Sam Dewahl (darth narwhal) from the forums and a few of the recent events. He unfortunately passed away a couple of weeks ago after a long illness. I'm not sure how we could honor him at the next visit. I was thinking of giving a couple of promos to his wife to pass on to some of his former CCG playing buddies.

David

JeffSkilz
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by JeffSkilz »

Oh no, that is horrible to hear. I'm not sure if our paths ever crossed 'back in the day' but he attended Kashyyk Regionals last year as well as MA states. I'm all for putting something together. Do you have connections to his former ccg buddies/family?

dredged14
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by dredged14 »

Yes, I'm in touch with his wife. I have a copy of the foil card from the LTM event that I saved for him that I'll send to her, but we may do more. There is a memorial service on 3/16, although I don't think I can make it.

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I only met Sam at the two tournaments but he was very friendly and fun to play with. An idea I had was that if there was a charity or something that Sam would have liked to support, we could make a donation in his name. Instead of using the entry fee for prizes, we could just say that 100% of the entry fees at this month's tournament will go towards a donation to that charity. It likely won't be a large donation, but it may still be a nice gesture. Anyone have thoughts on this?
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals

dredged14
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by dredged14 »

Here's a link to the obituary:

https://www.andersonbryantfuneralhome.c ... uel-dewahl

He wanted donations to his high school music department. I'm happy to take the lead on that.

DD

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

The league kit arrived today so I will have some decent SWCCG prizes for this tournament. I’ll also retroactively give out some attendance and winner foils for the previous three tournaments.

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

dx_37 wrote:The league kit arrived today so I will have some decent SWCCG prizes for this tournament. I’ll also retroactively give out some attendance and winner foils for the previous three tournaments.
Yay!

I should be there.

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

One week out and it looks like we're potentially up to 9 already! (my son and I, David and his son, Travis, Jeff, Jason, Chris, and possibly Pistone) Hopefully Ryan and Andrew can make it as well. Lots of league points available for this one!

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

*Note*

The PC just released the Set 11 Preview cards Mitth'raw'nuruodo and See You Around, Kid. Both of these cards are now legal for tournament (which means legal for this event). Guess I'll pull my HB Quads back on the shelf; considered giving it a retirement farewell run at this event.

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Nice relaxing event today with 6 players. Also, we raised over $100 to be donated to the Enosburg Falls High School Music Department in memory of our friend Sam deWahl.

Final standings:

1) Mike Pistone 8 (+64)
2) Grady Hutchins 6 (+39)
3) Jeff Scales 4 (-2)
4) Travis Thompson 4 (-10)
5) Jason 2 (-18)
6) David Dredge 0 (-73)

Dark Side Decks: TTO, Map, Coruscant CRv, AOBS, CCT, EOps*
Light Side Decks: Y4Ops, TRM, WYS, HITCO, OA* x2

*Winning Decks
Last edited by Hutch on April 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffSkilz
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by JeffSkilz »

Grady - thanks for organizing as always
David - thanks for taking the lead on the donations

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

So I just found out about this, very sorry to hear about Sam.

Were you guys considering any additional fundraisers or anything for the family?

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

gogolen wrote:So I just found out about this, very sorry to hear about Sam.

Were you guys considering any additional fundraisers or anything for the family?
I'd be happy to contribute, or help run a memorial event if there is interest.

Return to “MA League”