Online Weekend 2019 Surprise!

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Online Weekend 2019 Surprise!

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Greetings players!

Welcome to Online Weekend (just got underway in CET officially)! There are a few surprises that you may find in Gemp this weekend as a special release for Online Weekend. There are 2 Holo AIs that have replaced the standard image of a particular Jedi and Dark Jedi that we hope you enjoy. Additionally, there are two spoilers that have been added to Gemp as well. Please note -- because these spoilers are not officially released cards, they are not legal for use in OCS games. We are not yet able to enforce this in the code in Gemp, so we ask that you respect the announcement here to not use these for OCS games (although it is acceptable for use in other leagues if it fits the format). Nonetheless, we are very excited to be able to have our first ever Gemp spoilers for an upcoming set!

Happy online SWCCGing this weekend!

Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Online Weekend 2019 Surprise!

Post by shawnd1984 »

Will you be partaking? God knows Pittsburgh doesn't play in person anymore! :cry:
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Nice surprise!
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

FYI all, the bugs and images with the gemp spoilers (Dark Jedi Lightsaber and Jedi Lightsaber) have been fixed, and these cards are now legal for use in all gemp events (including the OCS).
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

quickdraw3457 wrote:FYI all, the bugs and images with the gemp spoilers (Dark Jedi Lightsaber and Jedi Lightsaber) have been fixed, and these cards are now legal for use in all gemp events (including the OCS).
Even though not real-life tournament legal? Interesting...
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

fungineer wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:FYI all, the bugs and images with the gemp spoilers (Dark Jedi Lightsaber and Jedi Lightsaber) have been fixed, and these cards are now legal for use in all gemp events (including the OCS).
They're in gemp already though, not in pdf form, and I heard there was confusion over whether or not they were legal in ocs games already. Since we had technical challenges preventing them from being coded to not be allowed in ocs games, we decided it was ok to let them be played in ocs.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
fungineer wrote:
They're in gemp already though, not in pdf form, and I heard there was confusion over whether or not they were legal in ocs games already. Since we had technical challenges preventing them from being coded to not be allowed in ocs games, we decided it was ok to let them be played in ocs.
I accidentally played Jedi Lightsaber in a game the other night. I took it out after the game(which I lost anyway). Thank you for making these legal. I don't like accidentally cheating.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Corran wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
fungineer wrote:
I accidentally played Jedi Lightsaber in a game the other night. I took it out after the game(which I lost anyway). Thank you for making these legal. I don't like accidentally cheating.
Yeah we weren't happy that we couldn't make it code enforced but we also didn't want to drop a spoiler on the community and have it affect pc sanctioned events. I'm sure you weren't the only person to make this mistake.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Out of curiosity, why couldn't you make it code enforced, or was it just not done? Plenty of other cards say "not valid for this format" In other formats.

No big deal at all, just in the future may make it easier to prevent was corran described.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

fungineer wrote:Out of curiosity, why couldn't you make it code enforced, or was it just not done? Plenty of other cards say "not valid for this format" In other formats.

No big deal at all, just in the future may make it easier to prevent was corran described.
We tried and weren't able to replicate that code in time for online weekend. We know it exists but it's not something the team has worked with before. Like everything in the code, there's a steep learning curve, even for seemingly simple things like this.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Return to “Online Weekend - June 22-23 2019”