The Jawa Cup

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Re: The Jawa Cup

Post by quesosauce37 »

honestly i feel like what we have banned is already enough and if i happen to make the top 8 its probably on the back of 1-2 decks for each side, i wouldnt want to then have to learn more decks for a top 8, but thats my opinion, man

Jerry H

Image Image

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

quesosauce37 wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 1:32 am
honestly i feel like what we have banned is already enough and if i happen to make the top 8 its probably on the back of 1-2 decks for each side, i wouldnt want to then have to learn more decks for a top 8, but thats my opinion, man
queso, you’re out of your element!

Maybe a poll?

Q1: Do you want the most played decks banned from the top 8?
Q2: How many decks banned from each side (1,2,3)?

Not sure if there’s a better way, or if this would generally be more trouble than it’s worth. Five decks from each side struck me is way too much, but the general idea I thought was cool.

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

ElDuderino wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 12:56 pm
quesosauce37 wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 1:32 am
queso, you’re out of your element!
Jerry H

Image Image

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

quesosauce37 wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 1:10 pm

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

I think it is about time this gets its own section, much like the OCS and Outrider Cup.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

Can I get in on this list???

Name : Harpster
Gemp : Sharpy

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

Harpster wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Dude, you're too good. This is for scrubs....

Naw, I kid. Happy to have you man.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

If we do end up banning more decks from the final 8, should we grant exceptions to CRv and CPv, since the actual decks that get played can be highly varied with these starts?

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

Harpster wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Yes you can!
SWCCG Jawa Cup wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 5:04 pm
HOW DO I JOIN?
Great question. Please answer the following questions. Please either PM your answers to this account, or e-mail them to swccgjawacup@gmail.com. The deadline for entering is 2 November at midnight EDT.
1. Name?
2. Gemp Screen Name?
3. E-mail address? (I will not use this for anything other than sending out pairings or reminding people to play games)
4. Time Zone?
5. Do you want Like My Father Before Me to be banned in this format? (Please note your answer to this question will only be counted until 27 October)
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

ElDuderino wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 2:40 am
If we do end up banning more decks from the final 8, should we grant exceptions to CRv and CPv, since the actual decks that get played can be highly varied with these starts?
It wouldn't be CPv or CRv that got banned. It would be the starting locations(Hoth, Tatooine, etc.). If we were to ban more stuff, I'd want EBO to have a chance at being banned.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Corran wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 9:07 am
ElDuderino wrote:
It wouldn't be CPv or CRv that got banned. It would be the starting locations(Hoth, Tatooine, etc.). If we were to ban more stuff, I'd want EBO to have a chance at being banned.
There's too many different decks that potentially run those to ban systems like that. If you're trying to ban Coruscant to stop Coruscant CRv from being played, you unintentionally prevent ISB or AOBS from being played. Ban Tatooine, and you take a key system away from Hidden Base platforms.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

dx_37 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 9:17 am
Corran wrote:
ElDuderino wrote:
There's too many different decks that potentially run those to ban systems like that. If you're trying to ban Coruscant to stop Coruscant CRv from being played, you unintentionally prevent ISB or AOBS from being played. Ban Tatooine, and you take a key system away from Hidden Base platforms.
That's a really good point. Unless we want to randomly ban cards and/or play in a wonky broken format(I am not fundamentally against this), it might be best to just leave the ban list as is and only extend it for future events if we(or the event organizers) deem it necessary.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

chunda_thunda

Post by chunda_thunda »

I think we'd be best served to keep the ban list consistent throughout the tournament and then build upon it for the next one. The first jawa cup bans decks from worlds. The 2nd jaws cup bans decks from worlds plus the top 3 from the last jawa cup. That would make it easy to manage and still keep it fresh/different.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jon McFarland (Norfolk VA)
gemp id= vinegarpan

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I get the point being made and I like the spirit of the Jawa Cup. I think you can go too far in banning too many cards to the point that eventually you're playing LS Jawas vs DS Tusken Raiders. Someone I'm sure would enjoy this, but I'd just as soon walk around town in my broken glass underwear.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

dx_37 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 9:50 am
I get the point being made and I like the spirit of the Jawa Cup. I think you can go too far in banning too many cards to the point that eventually you're playing LS Jawas vs DS Tusken Raiders. Someone I'm sure would enjoy this, but I'd just as soon walk around town in my broken glass underwear.
I would 100% love to play a format where those decks were top two, but I agree that the Jawa Cup, especially at this late stage, might not be the right place for it.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

I will not be banning anything additional for the top-8.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

Corran wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 9:23 am
dx_37 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 9:17 am
Corran wrote:
ElDuderino wrote:
That's a really good point. Unless we want to randomly ban cards and/or play in a wonky broken format(I am not fundamentally against this), it might be best to just leave the ban list as is and only extend it for future events if we(or the event organizers) deem it necessary.
Oh, I took it that Corran was just suggesting a more specific version of a CRv/CPv ban.

Meaning, rather than potentially banning CRv or Coruscant, what gets banned is Coruscant CRv. And rather than banning CPv or Tatooine, what gets banned is Tatooine CPv.

This way there isn't a total ban on the starting interrupt, nor a total ban on the starting location. Only the combination.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

TacoBill wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 11:36 am
Who made you Jawa Emperor?

"I AM the sandcrawler!"
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Yoshi
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Yoshi »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 12:05 pm
TacoBill wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 11:36 am
Who made you Jawa Emperor?

"I AM the sandcrawler!"
UTINNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

TBH I'm sad no one asked What I Was Tryin' To Push On Them.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

Return to “2019 Jawa Cup”