Schedule & Rules

September 11-13
User avatar
Shadow 14
Retired Advocate
Posts: 9730
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 3:29 am
Location: Hannover, Germany
Contact:

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Shadow 14 »



Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

My opponent and me were just able to play 1 game so far. We hope to get it played tomorrow.

If time is not on our side, is there a possibility for 1-2 day extension?

I won the first game (light)

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... y8cli7nzjd

Thrawn3661
Starter
Starter
Posts: 8
Joined: August 24th, 2019, 5:46 am

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Thrawn3661 »

got game one by 5, lost piles my 28 to CRGs 32

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... qasb29ocg2

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1470
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by CRG »

Thrawn3661 wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 10:29 pm
got game one by 5, lost piles my 28 to CRGs 32

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... qasb29ocg2
I win game 2 and the match, FW +10; lost 27 to 35.
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

Hi CRG,

could you post your game link please?

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1470
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by CRG »

Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 5:20 am
Hi CRG,

could you post your game link please?
I have posted it in the google doc as the first post of this thread requests.
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

I can't access google services without a VPN from China.
Could you please post it one more time here.

PatrikTheHun
Starter
Starter
Posts: 19
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:59 am
Location: Hungary
GEMP Username: blackfire

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by PatrikTheHun »

aka Blackfire on gemp

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
Posts: 200
Joined: January 1st, 2019, 11:01 pm
Location: London, UK
GEMP Username: londonsean

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by londonsean »

BFred wins game 1; I conceded game 2
English National Runner-up - 2019
OCS 2019 (19-65) | OCS 2020 (18-66)
Participation Award Recipient MPC 2020, TMW 2020, Euros 2020, RTW 2020, World Championships 2020

“Too many decisions are made in isolation. The game isn't played in a vacuum (the dust would get all over your cards, you'd definitely need to double sleeve).” -arebelspy

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
Posts: 200
Joined: January 1st, 2019, 11:01 pm
Location: London, UK
GEMP Username: londonsean

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by londonsean »

English National Runner-up - 2019
OCS 2019 (19-65) | OCS 2020 (18-66)
Participation Award Recipient MPC 2020, TMW 2020, Euros 2020, RTW 2020, World Championships 2020

“Too many decisions are made in isolation. The game isn't played in a vacuum (the dust would get all over your cards, you'd definitely need to double sleeve).” -arebelspy

User avatar
Kessling
Member
Posts: 378
Joined: January 12th, 2009, 9:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Kessling »

Mike Kessling - Atlanta, Ga
Image

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

Lost the second game by a lot. I was told that with a time victory all remaining force count.
If that is really the case i just let time out from the start away if i won the first game. So i guess
that can't be really correct, is it?

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... u0cylcv21y

alex-1
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
Posts: 257
Joined: May 18th, 2016, 6:01 am

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by alex-1 »

I won both games against my opponent

User avatar
Calaglin
Member
Posts: 756
Joined: May 27th, 2003, 8:03 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Calaglin »

Team what's their name again won against the not so allmighty Dragons with 2-1 (I won my game vs Eric)
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 17347
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by arebelspy »

Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost the second game by a lot. I was told that with a time victory all remaining force count.
If that is really the case i just let time out from the start away if i won the first game. So i guess
that can't be really correct, is it?

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... u0cylcv21y
all of opponent's life force counts (apparently not hand in this event, but often hand too in online events). so if you time out turn 1 when they have 52 cards in life force, you lose by 52. it's not like a difference or anything.

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

arebelspy wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:42 pm
Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost the second game by a lot. I was told that with a time victory all remaining force count.
If that is really the case i just let time out from the start away if i won the first game. So i guess
that can't be really correct, is it?

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... u0cylcv21y
all of opponent's life force counts (apparently not hand in this event, but often hand too in online events). so if you time out turn 1 when they have 52 cards in life force, you lose by 52. it's not like a difference or anything.
Then people can abuse this rule. Not good. The first game I played with mightmaul he timed out while me having a Tatooine celebration going.
I could have retrieved my entire reserve deck. He wasn't able to put out damage anymore. So i won the first game only by 10ish force.

If i read you correct one could have totally abused this rule which mightmaul has not done on purpose by the way.
Let's say one player wins by 10 Force his first game, and draws then so much cards into hand that he has still a bigger life force than
the first game differential and then times out.

Is a bit lame and bad rules, don't you think?
Last edited by Baron Soontir Fel on October 6th, 2020, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 17347
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by arebelspy »

Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:49 pm
arebelspy wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:42 pm
Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost the second game by a lot. I was told that with a time victory all remaining force count.
If that is really the case i just let time out from the start away if i won the first game. So i guess
that can't be really correct, is it?

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... u0cylcv21y
all of opponent's life force counts (apparently not hand in this event, but often hand too in online events). so if you time out turn 1 when they have 52 cards in life force, you lose by 52. it's not like a difference or anything.
Then people can abuse this rule. Not good. The first game I played with mightmaul he timed out while me having a Tatooine celebration going.
I could have retrieved my entire reserve deck. He wasn't able too put out damage anymore. So i won the first game only by 10ish force.

If i read you correct one could have totally abused this rule which mightmaul has not done on purpose by the way.
Let's say one player wins by 10 Force his first game, and draws then so much cards into hand that he has still a bigger life force than
the first game differential and then times out.

Is a bit lame and bad rules, don't you think?
it's the greater of 20 or life force.

you didn't ask about timing out when they're low, just a turn 1 time out.

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 82
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: Xuzhou
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

arebelspy wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:55 pm
Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:49 pm
arebelspy wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:42 pm
Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost the second game by a lot. I was told that with a time victory all remaining force count.
If that is really the case i just let time out from the start away if i won the first game. So i guess
that can't be really correct, is it?

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... u0cylcv21y
all of opponent's life force counts (apparently not hand in this event, but often hand too in online events). so if you time out turn 1 when they have 52 cards in life force, you lose by 52. it's not like a difference or anything.
Then people can abuse this rule. Not good. The first game I played with mightmaul he timed out while me having a Tatooine celebration going.
I could have retrieved my entire reserve deck. He wasn't able too put out damage anymore. So i won the first game only by 10ish force.

If i read you correct one could have totally abused this rule which mightmaul has not done on purpose by the way.
Let's say one player wins by 10 Force his first game, and draws then so much cards into hand that he has still a bigger life force than
the first game differential and then times out.

Is a bit lame and bad rules, don't you think?
it's the greater of 20 or life force.

you didn't ask about timing out when they're low, just a turn 1 time out.
That's the grey rule area then which maybe can't be improved. Thanks for your explanation. Appreciated.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 17347
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by arebelspy »

No problem!

Yeah, it's hard to close all loopholes, but that one is sort of the best come up with so far.

User avatar
mightymaul
Starter
Starter
Posts: 22
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 3:33 pm
GEMP Username: mightymaul

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by mightymaul »

game 1: i ran out of time, he had 14 life force, me 6 -> dont know the count/rules for that
game 2: win +25

game 1: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... a0hm44qlio
game 2: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... hddzfp0nhi

@Baron Soontir Fel:

just checked our first game. my last turn, before the time out, u had 14 life force, no hand. me 6 life force, no hand. i could easily drew up my cards and take the lost by -14. u wouldn't have been able to retrieve your deck little by little, max. 1 round. there was no reason to let the time run down, whether intentionally or not.

regardless of this, i guess the second game was a clear thing...

Post Reply

Return to “2020 European Championship - Bochum, Germany”