Interest List

December, Online
Saladas

Re: Interest List

Post by Saladas »

if u do pods, does that mean differential will be used over sos? if so that sucks.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Saladas wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 10:52 pm
if u do pods, does that mean differential will be used over sos? if so that sucks.
No, it doesn't mean that.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

Yes, regardless of the format, if...

My only "if" is that I'm supposed to be getting a headset for my birthday in a couple of weeks and IF I can get this streaming thing figured out, I might be more interested in providing some of the commentary for this side of the world. Seems most of the usual suspects for streaming are in the US, so my schedule might line up a little better for a Euro pod.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

imrahil327 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:03 am
Saladas wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 10:52 pm
No, it doesn't mean that.
Not answering/replying to Chris but adding on to what he said since I can.

TMW used pods with diff to test something out. The way it was set up was small pods where SoS doesn't really function as well as a tiebreaker.

After TMW, I posted my thoughts on what I'd take from TMW to worlds. I'm sure the advocates also had ideas from watching what happened.

Pods doesn't mean diff. You can do pods, heats, days, whatever and do SoS. There is a point where SoS isn't great and that is usually around 8 and less people. Anything more than that and SoS is fine.

GrayChevyVan
GEMP Username: EHawbaker

Post by GrayChevyVan »

Nowhere for me to go but up. I'm in as long as my first match isn't against Reid Smith.

Jedicon
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Jedicon »

Interest depending on timings.

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Yeah, very likely to play.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Thanks to everyone who has answered so far! We've got an initial plan in place, and should be sharing it within the next couple of days.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

is there a guarantee by the pc that set 13 will be fully implemented and bug free by worlds? having a set released so close to worlds is risky considering all the bugs that could crop up.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

yes
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Saladas wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:47 pm
is there a guarantee by the pc that set 13 will be fully implemented and bug free by worlds? having a set released so close to worlds is risky considering all the bugs that could crop up.
Beyond that, we are still discussing details, so I won't be able to answer specific questions, for the most part.
This feels like something worth asking in one of the set 13 threads, or PMing Design about.

Return to “2020 World Championship”