2020 World Championship Floor Rules

December, Online
imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

2020 World Championship Floor Rules

Post by imrahil327 »

We are all looking forward to our 25th annual World Championship this weekend! Thank you to all of the volunteers who have stepped up, and will do so over the coming weekend- without you, this event would be much more difficult and less fun for all. Best of luck to all 100 of our competitors!

1. Practice good sportsmanship. We're all here to have fun. We're all a part of the same community, here to enjoy playing this game we all love.

2. I (Chris Schoenthal) will be the main TD for this event, and my decisions are final. I will be checking my PMs regularly throughout the weekend, and will be on Slack (same @ as my screen name here) as well, so if you have any concerns or questions before or during the tournament, please feel free to reach out. I will be assisted by Tamas Papp (Yoda007), Bill Kafer (TacoBill), Matt Carulli (quickdraw3457) and Casey Anis (spideyguy0). Each of them will be running or assisting with one or more of the individual heats, and I will discuss any major decisions or issues with them as a team. Bill will also be playing in the event, and will recuse himself from any rulings or issues involving games in his heat.

3. All decks for Day 1, for all heats, must be submitted to decklists@starwarsccg.org by 2:59 AM EST on December 4th. Note that this is a change from the initial announcement, which has now been updated to this information.

4. Submission format: Deck lists should be submitted in the following manner:
Title: (Your Name) Heat #(your heat number- 4am Sat = #1, 10am Sat = #2, 7am Sun = #3, 1pm Sun = #4) Day 1 Decks
Format: Deck Export File. This is will be a .txt file generated from GEMP. DO NOT copy/paste a text list into the body of the email. Click your deck in GEMP, click the arrow as shown in the screen shot, and attach that file to the email for each deck.
The files themselves can be titled as you would like, but please make it clear which is your LS and which is your DS deck.
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.19.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.19.55 PM.png (27.81 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.19.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.19.55 PM.png (27.81 KiB) Viewed 1427 times

5. Deck checks: All deck checks will be performed ONLY by TDs and/or volunteers who are not playing in any portion of Worlds. We will check submitted lists during the period of time between submission and the first heat starting ONLY for the following: The deck file is formatted as listed above, and contains 60 cards from the correct side of the Force, all card titles are legal SWCCG cards, and the deck contains a Starting Effect. If one of these conditions is not met, we will contact the player to resolve it. Additional deck checks may be done during the event at the TD's discretion.

6. Day 1 deck lists will be posted after all Day 1 heats are completed, no later than Tuesday, December 8 at 9 PM EST. Day 2 deck lists will be posted as soon as possible following the conclusion of Day 2.

7. Players should use caution when loading a deck. We recommend titling your decks WORLDS LS (Any additional text you wish) and WORLDS DS (Additional text) to avoid loading the wrong one. If the wrong deck is loaded, and it is caught within the first turn cycle, the players may request a restart from the TD. If it's not caught until later in the game, the player who submitted the wrong deck will forfeit the game.

8. Only two players playing in a game. This is a championship-level event. Do not screen share, or receive any outside assistance. Play your own game.

9. Pairings & round time: The heat TD will post pairings in this forum and announce it in GEMP chat. The Dark Side player should open the game in the heat. Each player will have 50 minute timers. If your time runs out, the game ends in a loss for you. Timer extensions are not allowed.

10: Reverts: These are only allowed at the discretion of your opponent. Please make sure to take your time and click responsibly when taking actions. You may also wish to turn off the Auto-pass feature in the Settings tab for the duration of this tournament.

11. Bugs: If a new bug is found, unless it is game breaking, play it as it lies. If it would destroy the outcome of the game, please reach out to TD. The game may need to be replayed depending on the circumstances. Using a known bug or exploit to your advantage is considered cheating, and can be grounds for disqualification from the tournament.

12. GEMP crashes: Game will try to be recovered to be resumed. If game can not be resumed, then play will start over.

13. Tardiness/No Show: If a player does not show up within 5 minutes of the pairings being posted, that player will receive a warning. If a player does not show up within 10 minutes, that player will forfeit the game. Additionally, two 5-minute warnings during a single day of play will result in a forfeit. If a player has extenuating circumstances that will cause them to be late, but not need to miss the game, they should contact the TD of their heat as soon as possible, and an exception to these rules may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Once the previous round is complete, or nearly so, the TD for the heat will post in GEMP chat that the pairings for the next round will be up soon. The TD will post the pairings first, in the thread for that heat, then @channel message the Slack channel, and finally post "Pairings available" in GEMP. The GEMP time stamp will begin the 5-minute clock.

14. Scouting: Please do not watch games on stream while you are actively playing in the tournament (during your pod for Day 1, or during any rounds during later days). If this is found to be the case, you may be DQ'd from the event at the TD's discretion.

15. While concessions are allowed due to using SoS rather than differential as a tiebreaker, coerced or bribed concessions are not allowed under any circumstances. A game concession during the match play portion of the event will result in a -20 differential or your opponent’s actual differential, whichever is higher.

16. Game score reporting: The WINNER of each game must email the result to results@starwarsccg.org using the following format in the subject line:
ROUND (#): WINNER’S GEMP HANDLE (side) def. LOSER’S GEMP HANDLE (side)
No text needs to be included in the body of the email.
For example:
ROUND 3: imrahil327 (LS) def. Advocate (DS)

17. Strength of Schedule: SOS will be calculated normally for Day 1, separately but normally for Day 2, and added together to obtain a total when determining tiebreakers for Day 3, if necessary. Additional ties in SoS will be broken by dropping the lowest individual SOS score overall, until the tie is broken.

18. Day 2 opponents: As a reminder, players MAY play the same person with the same side of the Force during their Day 1 pod and during Day 2 Swiss play. This will be mitigated by the players' ability to change to a different deck for Day 2.

19. If you wish to drop from the event, please contact the TD of your heat and inform them as soon as possible so that they can adjust pairings for future rounds accordingly.

20. Each heat will have both a forum thread and a Slack channel dedicated to it. If you would like to be added to your heat's slack channel, PM me or the TD for your heat with your name, Slack handle, and heat number in the title of the message. This will allow you to be notified when rounds are starting.

21. Each round will be a minimum of 90 minutes, so if a game finishes faster than that, the players can leave their computers and will be guaranteed that the round won't start until at least 90 minutes have passed since the start of the round. If you aren't sure of the total time in the round, ask your heat TD.

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: 2020 World Championship Floor Rules

Post by Corran »

Sorry if I missed this. Was there ever a ruling about streaming my own games? Also, I think it's written somewhere, but it might be good to clarify that people are allowed to participate in coverage after they've finished playing on day 1.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Thanks for the clarity Chris, and the decklist extension!

Re: streaming. "You may not watch any live streaming games from your own pod." Done.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

It may be worth noting where the "known bugs" can be found, so people can't argue if they are "known" or not.
My expectation is here: https://github.com/PlayersCommittee/gem ... labels/bug
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

Thanks for the clear guidance, and for the extension on the decklist deadline. It's greatly appreciated!

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

13. Tardiness/No Show: If a player does not show up within 5 minutes of the pairings being posted, that player will receive a warning. If a player does not show up within 10 minutes, that player will forfeit the game. Additionally, two 5-minute warnings during a single day of play will result in a forfeit.
How does this work?

Based on timestamp of the forum post?

If I am playing Light and my opponent is supposed to host but hasn't in 5 minutes who do I alert? How do I alert them? How do I document it?

If I am playing Dark and put the game up 3 minutes after the forum post, does my opponent only have 2 minutes to join? What if they do not join in 2 minutes? How do I document it and who am I to alert?

If I am assessed a "5 minute late" penalty how do I know?

I am 5 minutes late a second time, is that the game I forfeit?

Who will track and enforce this?

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Hayes wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 8:11 pm
13. Tardiness/No Show: If a player does not show up within 5 minutes of the pairings being posted, that player will receive a warning. If a player does not show up within 10 minutes, that player will forfeit the game. Additionally, two 5-minute warnings during a single day of play will result in a forfeit.
How does this work?

Based on timestamp of the forum post?

If I am playing Light and my opponent is supposed to host but hasn't in 5 minutes who do I alert? How do I alert them? How do I document it?

If I am playing Dark and put the game up 3 minutes after the forum post, does my opponent only have 2 minutes to join? What if they do not join in 2 minutes? How do I document it and who am I to alert?

If I am assessed a "5 minute late" penalty how do I know?

I am 5 minutes late a second time, is that the game I forfeit?

Who will track and enforce this?
1. Contact the TD for your pod. Alert them in some way. They are around to help out here. They don't just post pairings and disappear. Same thing if you need a "judge" in game. Contact the TD.
2. You don't need to alert the player. If you want to, how you do so is up to you. I'd contact TD before doing so as then you timestamp things.
3. Unsure of time parts. I was giving some leeway in TMW for people. But it was usually I'd post pairings, go to GEMP and say pairings are up. Then I'd give it a minute or 2 and then start the timer. But that was me trying to be flexible since this is all new. But entirely up to Schoe on this one.
4. TD for your heat.
5. Yes based on wording.
6. The TD for the heat.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Sagnet

Post by Sagnet »

imrahil327 wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 4:57 pm
9. Pairings & round time: The heat TD will post pairings in this forum and announce it in GEMP chat.
Is there any way that the players can receive push notifications for these announcements? For example a short message on Whatsapp or Slack 5-10 minutes before each round starts. Or will there be any predictability regarding round start times?

If you end a game early, it would be nice not to have to sit in front of your computer and wait for announcements to show up.

challenger
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: echien

Post by challenger »

Sagnet wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 2:53 am
imrahil327 wrote:
9. Pairings & round time: The heat TD will post pairings in this forum and announce it in GEMP chat.
Is there any way that the players can receive push notifications for these announcements? For example a short message on Whatsapp or Slack 5-10 minutes before each round starts. Or will there be any predictability regarding round start times?

If you end a game early, it would be nice not to have to sit in front of your computer and wait for announcements to show up.
If it's not too much trouble for the TDs, a post to the slack would be awesome for the sake of the push notification.
Edward Chien

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

challenger wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:17 am
Sagnet wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:

If it's not too much trouble for the TDs, a post to the slack would be awesome for the sake of the push notification.
Hopefully this is done like TMW where a separate forum thread was started for each pod. Then one could subscribe to that topic so you get an email with every new post in that thread. That'd allow you to step away from your computer as long as you're sure your phone will show notifications for new emails.
Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:52 am
challenger wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:17 am
Sagnet wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:

Hopefully this is done like TMW where a separate forum thread was started for each pod. Then one could subscribe to that topic so you get an email with every new post in that thread. That'd allow you to step away from your computer as long as you're sure your phone will show notifications for new emails.
Oh is that how you guys were doing it? Wondered how everyone was really quick at getting games up.

I was just trying to cover all my basis for giving you guys pairings and letting you know as best I could without resorting to mass texts or something.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I definitely plan on having a dedicated forum thread for the heat I'm running. If someone wants to set up a Slack group for that heat (I don't know how to do that) I'm happy to post there as well. And obviously I'll be making announcements in the GEMP chat and linking to the forum thread.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Email notifications to the thread is a good idea.

Then work doesn't have to be duplicated (e.g. also posted to slack, whatsapp, whatever).

Death Star
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

arebelspy wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 12:19 pm
Email notifications to the thread is a good idea.

Then work doesn't have to be duplicated (e.g. also posted to slack, whatsapp, whatever).
Assuming that one has their device set to "ping me whenever a new mail arrives" which I definitely have not.
So if we are talking about personal preferences and what is best for whom, I would love to have a Slack group for the pod with a message @all when a new round starts. Thank you.
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

mrfahrenheit7
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor
GEMP Username: mjturner

Post by mrfahrenheit7 »

Death Star wrote: So if we are talking about personal preferences and what is best for whom, I would love to have a Slack group for the pod with a message @all when a new round starts. Thank you.
X2
Mike Turner - 2017 & 2018 Montana State Champion, 2018 Washington State Champion
Hunter wrote:Someone just outhookied thehooky.
TacoBill wrote:Your game plan is to lose the AC? Seems questionable

Thekillerkiwi
GEMP Username: killerkiwi

Post by Thekillerkiwi »

mrfahrenheit7 wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 2:18 pm
Death Star wrote: So if we are talking about personal preferences and what is best for whom, I would love to have a Slack group for the pod with a message @all when a new round starts. Thank you.
X2

X3
Brandon Baity
2020 Endor League Champion

Please support my SWCCG Documentary - https://www.gofundme.com/star-wars-ccg-documentary

Check out my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/thenanashi

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I just set up a Slack channel for my heat (Sunday 7am). The following people don't appear to be on Slack. If you're on this list and you'd like to be added to the channel, PM me with your Slack name. If you're not on this list, and you're in my heat, you should've already been added

Eric Spiijksma
Jonathan Cassidy
Stephen Squirlock
Brett Carlson
Fernando Castanon
Kevin Jaap
Daniel Amor
Brian Terwilliger
Stephen Baroni
Mike D'amboise
Patrick Johnson
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Am I the only one who's going to be compulsively refreshing the thread and staring at my monitor all morning?
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

I am really good at that too Corran! Probably won't be light over here on the East Coast until 6:30 AM or so... Gotta stock up on coffee creamer, coffee, throw in a celebratory beer or two if I start winning a few games?
Corran wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 4:53 pm
Am I the only one who's going to be compulsively refreshing the thread and staring at my monitor all morning?
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Solidsnack3 wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 4:58 pm
I am really good at that too Corran! Probably won't be light over here on the East Coast until 6:30 AM or so... Gotta stock up on coffee creamer, coffee, throw in a celebratory beer or two if I start winning a few games?
Corran wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 4:53 pm
I'm definitely going to need to buy some non-terrible coffee.

Return to “2020 World Championship”