Decktech Archives

Content Creators -- please share your SWCCG related content here, such as streams, podcasts, blogs, or anything else you are working on for the game!
stevetotheizz0

Decktech Archives

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

So before this idea gets buried in another forum. Would people be interested if we added a Decktech forum topic on here somewhere?

I was thinking we get section added for deck tech, and two subforums: One for Decks, one for TR's. Then we can add threads from decktech within each. We can use the space to create lists and start adding stuff whenever people feel like it over time.

edit: Here's all the stuff I was able to dig up: http://www.stephenskilton.com/decktech_archives
Last edited by stevetotheizz0 on December 31st, 2020, 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Re: Decktech Archives

Post by Advocate »

I tried to ask Neal for the data and he didn't respond really. Someone else want to try?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

We could always just copy/paste the OP from our accounts.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Yea I don't think we need to involve Neal at all.

I'll vote yes that it sure would be nice if someone wants to do the work for us.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I reached out to a friend on facebook that helped Neal and David set up the site. Hopefully Neal will reach out to me or you Scott.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I don't think we need to reach out to Neal. We just need to copy and paste certain articles.

I think most of the value added would come from curating the stuff that we think is interesting or pertinent. So most of the manual work would be in choosing what to bring over. Not in the actual lookup/copy part.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Be sure to save my Darth Maul capture deck; it's essential reading.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:I don't think we need to reach out to Neal. We just need to copy and paste certain articles.

I think most of the value added would come from curating the stuff that we think is interesting or pertinent. So most of the manual work would be in choosing what to bring over. Not in the actual lookup/copy part.
Sure. A data dump would still be useful and shouldn't be hard to do. Hell, if Neal doesn't care at all about it anymore, we may be able to just take over the site or something and go from there. Then it wouldn't even need to be done. Just link to things from here.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

I'm certainly willing to parse through old tournament reports and deck lists etc. I just need someones decktech login to do so. I forgot my username and password a long long time ago.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:So before this idea gets buried in another forum. Would people be interested if we added a Decktech forum topic on here somewhere?

I was thinking we get section added for deck tech, and two subforums: One for Decks, one for TR's. Then we can add threads from decktech within each. We can use the space to create lists and start adding stuff whenever people feel like it over time.
What if instead of creating new forums and forum posts, we created a page on the main site and they got written up as WordPress posts. Since the objective is to simply curate and preserve the data, that might be a better place for it.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

JediJer wrote:
stevetotheizz0 wrote:So before this idea gets buried in another forum. Would people be interested if we added a Decktech forum topic on here somewhere?

What if instead of creating new forums and forum posts, we created a page on the main site and they got written up as WordPress posts. Since the objective is to simply curate and preserve the data, that might be a better place for it.
We prefer to put it someplace that people actually visit :lol:

Thanks!

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

dorshe1 wrote:
JediJer wrote:

We prefer to put it someplace that people actually visit :lol:

Thanks!
So sticking it in a random archive forum that no one is really going to read is better than a part of the site that no one will visit. Gotcha.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

I do think it would be cool to link to historical reports and history from the front page. I suspect Jeremy is right that more people actually visit there than the old archived sections of the forums.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Maybe sticky a thread in the Deck Discussion section. We could keep the OP as a list and then add in hyperlinks to the front page as they are added? Honestly, I don't know what the best solution is, but this should definitely get a place somewhere. I think it would attract a lot of readers.

If this is going to work, I think whatever solution we have should make it easy for multiple people to make contributions over time.

Personally, my knowledge is pretty limited. So if someone had a list, I could go and find a deck and repost it, but I wouldn't be able to add much more in the way of context or analysis. Odds are TR's would be reposted by people familiar with the story as well.

I do think that knowledge of the history of the game allows for some players to be able to mine through those old decks for ideas. Opening this knowledge up to those of us who aren't familiar could keep the game interesting and expand the meta a little.

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

Anyone who needs a DT username and pw pm me
Well, Bye.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

I'm all for getting the historical documents of decktech preserved in some way. If we decide to post everything as WordPress articles (what I would prefer) I can set anyone up with the ability to do so, you just need to let me know. Posting in WordPress is just as easy as posting in the forums, it's just a slightly different interface for doing so.

We can set up a sticky in some forum (resources maybe?) that links to the deck tech page in WordPress if that would make it easy to find for those that are "forums only, subsilver for life" nutters (2005 called, they want their forum style back ;) )

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

I have all my decktech TRs saved and have for a long time - however some of them disappeared at one point when Decktech was still alive.

Like, does anyone have information from worlds 01-03? I would really love to see that stuff but can never find anything on it.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/sh ... eHrSXiuzy/ - Updated 01/17/2017

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

deck wrote:I have all my decktech TRs saved and have for a long time - however some of them disappeared at one point when Decktech was still alive.

Like, does anyone have information from worlds 01-03? I would really love to see that stuff but can never find anything on it.
After you guys talking about Bastian in the other thread I went back to find some TRs. Definitely saw from from that time period, including yours and Justins.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

Kessling

Post by Kessling »

When I tried to access Decktech today I received a message saying "this acccount has been suspsended - please contact billing/support department as soon as possible".

:(
Mike Kessling - Atlanta, Ga

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

try again on feb 1 maybe
-Keith Brown

Return to “Content Creation”