Decktech Archives

Content Creators -- please share your SWCCG related content here, such as streams, podcasts, blogs, or anything else you are working on for the game!
arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Decktech Archives

Post by arebelspy »

I am talking about these forums, and how it purges information that gets slightly too old. Not decktech.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

arebelspy wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 2:03 am
I am talking about these forums, and how it purges information that gets slightly too old. Not decktech.
We have a notable topics section yet we don't use it

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

seitaer wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
It has to manually be done, and little stuff (like swccg history) that seems minor at the time becomes notable only after 5-10 years.

"Who was top 8 at that event? What decks were played?" etc.

With storage so cheap, like pennies, having the forums auto delete stuff is absurd.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:12 am
seitaer wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
It has to manually be done, and little stuff (like swccg history) that seems minor at the time becomes notable only after 5-10 years.

"Who was top 8 at that event? What decks were played?" etc.

With storage so cheap, like pennies, having the forums auto delete stuff is absurd.
I miss what Chris Kelly used to do with the event recaps for each event that were then stickied at the top of each forum.

But yea I agree with Joe. We've lost a lot of history and we don't have a good means to display what people have saved currently.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Why couldn't we make a link for 1998, 1999, 2000, etc. for events that people have decklists for from major events? I think the biggest hurdle would be finding a volunteer/volunteers to put it in the form that we are displaying tournament decklists on the website. You'd also have a lot of missing decks and information, but some is better than none, in my opinion.

I doubt sites like Blessed Souls are going to stay up forever.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

stephengascrub wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 10:39 am
I think the biggest hurdle would be finding a volunteer/volunteers to put it in the form that we are displaying tournament decklists on the website.
This is the biggest hurdle to getting anything done. PC needs help and volunteers to do this. It doesn't always get done and sometimes it is a pain to get people to help.
Hunter wrote:

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

rhendon wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 10:40 am
stephengascrub wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 10:39 am
I think the biggest hurdle would be finding a volunteer/volunteers to put it in the form that we are displaying tournament decklists on the website.
This is the biggest hurdle to getting anything done. PC needs help and volunteers to do this. It doesn't always get done and sometimes it is a pain to get people to help.
If not much programming knowledge is needed I'd be glad to volunteer. Unfortunately, I have little in the way of lists except from Blessed Souls, 2nd-4th place Worlds 1996, Beakman's World, and whatever we can dig up from old events/pdfs on this site. If I can actually be of help let me know via pm or something. I would actually be serious about trying to put in time on this.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

Happy to help with any manual labor stuff or just general recollection of things, but know nothing about programming.

Not sure if this has been done yet but the old Decipher site had some select decklists from worlds and major events. I do not recall all of them but like the Clint Hays speeder operative deck, worlds winner ISB deck, maybe 1996 worlds decks were there.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Same. I keep trying to find things to volunteer to help with and rarely get responses.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I just added a rough pass at the deck lists. You can page through every deck posted from 1999-2002:

www.StephenSkilton.com/decktech_archives

There’s over 4,000 decks there, but it still needs styling and filters (it’ll be able to filter by date, LS/DS, Author, text search, etc)

This stuff takes a while though and it all requires simple coding skills. If anyone has basic skills in python or html, that would be a big help. There’s tons still to be done with adding filters and data from other parts of the site, such as the TR’s.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 1:58 pm
I just added a rough pass at the deck lists. You can page through every deck posted from 1999-2002:

There’s over 4,000 decks there, but it still needs styling and filters (it’ll be able to filter by date, LS/DS, Author, text search, etc)

This stuff takes a while though and it all requires simple coding skills. If anyone has basic skills in python or html, that would be a big help. There’s tons still to be done with adding filters and data from other parts of the site, such as the TR’s.
Thanks Steve-O!

TRs will be a huge thing to save and store. There is so much history in them. Those are what I miss the most.
Hunter wrote:

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Pruning has been disabled.

Devon was able to stop it.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

rhendon wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 2:42 pm
stevetotheizz0 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Thanks Steve-O!

TRs will be a huge thing to save and store. There is so much history in them. Those are what I miss the most.
I currently have 136 of them from 2000-2009. Even simply adding a legacy tournament report subforum, or years to the tournament reports sub forum would be sufficient to get those lists up.

I used to have a lot of legacy PDF's but I lost them when I updated computers.

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

Advocate wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Pruning has been disabled.

Devon was able to stop it.
That's awesome!
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer, GEMP Slicer
Image Image

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

seitaer wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 4:10 pm
rhendon wrote:
I currently have 136 of them from 2000-2009. Even simply adding a legacy tournament report subforum, or years to the tournament reports sub forum would be sufficient to get those lists up.

There’s over 1,000 more TR’s still to be gleaned from the archived data.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 4:32 pm
seitaer wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 4:10 pm
rhendon wrote:

Yea at this point, we just need to dump them into a server somewhere just to store that information before it is lost. Then we can figure out the best way to host and present it.
Hunter wrote:

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

rhendon wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 5:00 pm
stevetotheizz0 wrote:

Yea at this point, we just need to dump them into a server somewhere just to store that information before it is lost. Then we can figure out the best way to host and present it.

I have it in a branch in github. (I’ll move a zip file to the main branch later)

Odds are whomever wants to host the data will have to spend some time and go through and clean things up like I did with the decklists.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 5:10 pm
rhendon wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 5:00 pm
stevetotheizz0 wrote:

I have it in a branch in github. (I’ll move a zip file to the main branch later)

Odds are whomever wants to host the data will have to spend some time and go through and clean things up like I did with the decklists.
Thanks Steve!
Hunter wrote:

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

Found my favorite swccg quote of all time thanks to that archive:
Mike Gemme wrote:Corran horn is a beast. if you play huntdown, get him to the executor and have him path around avoiding battle and still draining for two. corran is so good i love him. I cut a hole in mine so that i could [probably should be censored] it, but the hole was too big and you couldnt read the text so i had to get a new one. oh well.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Shadow 13 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 7:09 pm
Found my favorite swccg quote of all time thanks to that archive:
Mike Gemme wrote:Corran horn is a beast. if you play huntdown, get him to the executor and have him path around avoiding battle and still draining for two. corran is so good i love him. I cut a hole in mine so that i could [probably should be censored] it, but the hole was too big and you couldnt read the text so i had to get a new one. oh well.
deck wrote: bamf

Return to “Content Creation”