QMC vs TDIGWATT

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
Jhaelrnya
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: JordanC

QMC vs TDIGWATT

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Hey!

I'm looking at making a couple decks to play against each other, and since Empire is my favourite movie, I thought I'd start with Cloud City.

Looking through cards I want to play, and things I own already I settled on QMC and TDIGWATT as the themes / decks I'd like to make. However, I can't find a ton of info on these decks beyond decklists so kind of mixed in stuff I thought looked cool.

What I'm looking for is that if anyone here has some pointers on things that could be better or if the decks are completely unbalanced against each other. I worry that QMC will totally blow TDIGWATT out of the water, and if that's true - are there changes you folks would make to the deck to tone it down? Swap HCFv for individual cards? Remove some of the utility characters in favour of more battle oriented cards (like weapons)?

Thanks in advance!

TDIGWATT v1
Spoiler
Show

Deck:
1x We're In Attack Position Now
1x Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
2x Mara Jade With Lightsaber
2x 4-LOM With Concussion Rifle (V)
1x Admiral Chiraneau
1x Admiral Ozzel
1x Admiral Piett
1x Commander Brandei
3x Darth Vader With Lightsaber
1x General Veers (V)
1x Grand Admiral Thrawn
1x Grand Moff Tarkin (V)
1x Alert My Star Destroyer! (V)
1x All Too Easy
1x Cloud City Occupation
1x Dark Deal
1x Do They Have A Code Clearance?
1x Endor Shield (V)
1x Imperial Arrest Order & Secret Plans
1x Knowledge And Defense (V)
1x Tarkin's Bounty (V)
3x They Must Never Again Leave This City
2x Double Back (V)
2x Force Push (V)
1x Ghhhk & Those Rebels Won't Escape Us
2x Imperial Command
1x Prepared Defenses
2x Sonic Bombardment (V)
1x Trample
2x Vader's Anger (V)
1x Bespin
1x Bespin: Cloud City
1x Cloud City: Carbonite Chamber
1x Cloud City: Downtown Plaza
1x Cloud City: East Platform (Docking Bay)
1x Cloud City: Security Tower (V)
1x Executor: Docking Bay
1x This Deal Is Getting Worse All The Time
1x Chimaera
1x Colonel Jendon In Onyx 1
1x Dengar In Punishing One
1x Executor
1x OS-72-1 In Obsidian 1
1x OS-72-2 In Obsidian 2
1x Onyx 2 (V)
1x Blizzard 1
1x Blizzard 2 (V)
2x Blizzard 4
QMC v1
Spoiler
Show

Deck:
1x Aayla Secura
1x Dash Rendar (V)
1x Ellorrs Madak, Pilot Instructor
1x Harc Seff (V)
1x Jar Jar Binks
1x Kal'Falnl C'ndros
1x Lando Calrissian (V)
1x Lobot (V)
1x Melas (V)
1x Mirax Terrik
2x Pucumir Thryss
1x Yoxgit (V)
1x R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) (V)
1x Threepio With His Parts Showing
2x Qui-Gon Jinn With Lightsaber
1x Jyn Erso
1x Leia, Rebel Princess
2x Luke With Lightsaber
1x Anger, Fear, Aggression (V)
1x Beldon's Eye & All My Urchins
1x Cloud City Celebration
1x Keeping The Empire Out Forever
1x Relatively Unprotected
1x Strikeforce (V)
1x Wokling (V)
2x A Jedi's Resilience
1x Escape Pod & We're Doomed
1x Heading For The Medical Frigate
1x Hear Me Baby, Hold Together (V)
1x Houjix
1x It's A Hit!
1x Keep Your Eyes Open (V)
1x Odin Nesloor & First Aid
1x Off The Edge
2x Path Of Least Resistance
1x Rebel Barrier
3x Rescue In The Clouds (V)
1x Sense
2x Sorry About The Mess & Blaster Proficiency
2x Wesa Gotta Grand Army
1x Where's Han?
1x Yoda Stew & You Do Have Your Moments
1x Cloud City: Guest Quarters
1x Cloud City: North Corridor
1x Cloud City: Platform 327 (Docking Bay)
1x Cloud City: Upper Plaza Corridor
1x Home One: War Room
1x Quiet Mining Colony
1x Booster In Pulsar Skate
1x Han, Chewie, And The Falcon (V)
1x Overseer

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: QMC vs TDIGWATT

Post by Bib Fortuna »

Don’t forget that TDIGWATT is an ideal platform to use the new Slip Sliding Away starting interrupt. It will let you start with an extra CC site on table.
They fly now!

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Dark Deal is impossible to keep on table vs QMC. It could be interesting to rather focus on abuse of Floating Refinery (DS Terminal v pulls it), Objective pulls Cloud City (play multiple copies), Plaza retrieves CC, track and then use the Refinery. It's retrieval of 3 per turn if you can activate pretty much your whole reserve (card intensive decks can do that in the mid game already).
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

RTAnger
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RTAnger »

QMC requires Bespin System for Objective starting conditions. Force activation differential, especially for DS, should be reevaluated. I think Deal is giving LS too much force. No West Gallery for either side?

Jhaelrnya
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: JordanC

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 11:22 pm
Don’t forget that TDIGWATT is an ideal platform to use the new Slip Sliding Away starting interrupt. It will let you start with an extra CC site on table.
I forgot about that! Thank you, I think I'll make the swap.
FlorisV wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 7:06 am
Dark Deal is impossible to keep on table vs QMC. It could be interesting to rather focus on abuse of Floating Refinery (DS Terminal v pulls it), Objective pulls Cloud City (play multiple copies), Plaza retrieves CC, track and then use the Refinery. It's retrieval of 3 per turn if you can activate pretty much your whole reserve (card intensive decks can do that in the mid game already).
If I'm following you correctly, the idea is to track around the CC after having lost it, with the intent to retrieve, track, and activate that card straight into hand to retrieve more. By playing the multiple copies you can target them both each turn? How do you retrieve both each turn, assuming you have both refineries out? Would you leave the Dark Deal in to force them to cancel it, and possibly get a turn out of the benefits? Or just replace it with retrieval engine?
RTAnger wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 9:09 am
QMC requires Bespin System for Objective starting conditions. Force activation differential, especially for DS, should be reevaluated. I think Deal is giving LS too much force. No West Gallery for either side?

Thanks for the Bespin spot - I missed that. Fixed it now by swapping out a Rescue. There's no West Gallery because there's no blasters in either deck. I pulled the activation package from a number of decks in the tournament reports, so I'm not sure where I would change anything. I know DS is giving up more to ls, but I assumed it was due to the drain site (which I wouldn't plan on putting out until I needed it, right?).

Thanks for the replies everyone. I haven't played a game of SWCCG since about 2000. Spent the last year trying to convince friends to try it out and have some easy to learn decks built. But I want these built to be able to play with the one guy who likes diving into card games.

Cheers!

RTAnger
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RTAnger »

West Gallery is usually included not because of blasters but because ls text is force drain -1 as is Upper Walkway.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Jhaelrnya wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 10:25 am
If I'm following you correctly, the idea is to track around the CC after having lost it, with the intent to retrieve, track, and activate that card straight into hand to retrieve more.
Exactly. When retrieving, you can track the CC as usually the 2nd card from the bottom, unless there's battle or interrupts in opponent's turn. The Refinery should draw the CC into hand.
Jhaelrnya wrote:
By playing the multiple copies you can target them both each turn?
No. You need 3 copies, one on table to put the Refinery on. You'll have the other 2 cycling in the engine and draw one into hand each turn early game with the objective. So at some point you should have 2 in lost pile, losing them to a drain. You have Executor at Bespin and control the Plaza. Retrieve a CC location during control phase. Track it for the next turn. That next turn, retrieve the other CC, track that one for later, and then draw the first one via the Refinery (provided your reserve deck isn't too large at this point). Retrieve 2 force. Lose the CC again from hand....Ditto for the next cycle. So it's a loop to retrieve 3 force in total every time.
Jhaelrnya wrote:
How do you retrieve both each turn, assuming you have both refineries out? Would you leave the Dark Deal in to force them to cancel it, and possibly get a turn out of the benefits? Or just replace it with retrieval engine?
Replace it. You need your objective unflipped in order to get all the CC's out, so don't play Deal at all. You have a drain at a 2/2 site after all. Typically a Walker with Veers and friends. Endor Shield v pulls Piett, he pulls Battle Deployment, that one pulls a Walker. You can start with Alert v instead of Mob Points if you fear Throne Room.
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

Return to “Deck Discussion”