Resistance Agents in the Court

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
Pantherpike
GEMP Username: Gladniator

Resistance Agents in the Court

Post by Pantherpike »

I've been toying with AITC for a while and never felt it was decent, but this weird build might have some potential. It's all about control phase movement to set up drains, snipes, battles and force retrieval. The AITC objective makes it possible with Yarna d'al' Gargan deploying at start and then deploying the locations needed to gear up the movement. Would love any critiques or insight into possible additions...

Agents In the Court (Rep > Solo)
Tatooine: Hutt Trade Route
Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber
Heading to the Medical Frigate
Anger, Fear, Aggression
Ancient Watering Hole
Uh oh!
I Must Be Allowed to Speak (v)
Yarna d'al' Gargan (v)

Tatooine
Tatooine: Lars Moisture Farm (v)
Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Tatooine: Cantina

No Questions Asked x2

Tatooine Celebration x2
Bo Shuda

Solo x2
Chewie with Bowcaster
Lando with Vibro Ax
Leia with Blaster Rifle
Rey with Lightsaber
Ben Kenobi
Aayla Secura
Luke Skywalker (v)
Poe Dameron
Figrin D'an
Talz
Ellors Madak, Pilot Instructor (v)
Harc Seff
Jar Jar Binks
Mirax Terrik
Leesub Sirin (v)
BB-8
Talon Karrde
Rose Tico x2
Lor San Tekka

Rescue In The Clouds (v) x3
You Will Take Me To Jabba x2
Sorry About The Mess & Blaster Proficiency x2
Houjix & Out Of Nowhere
Perimeter Scan (v)
Mandalorian Mishap (v)
Slight Weapons Malfunction
It's A Trap!
Odin Nesloor & First Aid (v)

Wild Karrde
Masanya (v)
Corran Horn in Rogue 9
Booster In Pulsar Skate (v)
Wedge in Red Sq. 1 (v)
Spiral

Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol (v)

****************************************************************************************

The aim of this (no flip) deck is to simply load up on Mos Eisley with all your characters (except for a few in the Audience Chamber), get a solid defensible space presence at the Tatooine system and then use the cantina shuffle, No Questions Asked and Lor San Tekka to move about Tatooine in the control phase. This allows many options based on what your opponent is doing. If he is aggressive and comes to you dig for Harc Seff (paying off his drains at adjacent sites) and use Han Solo's Heavy Blaster to chip away at his forces until you can perform the beatdown. If he stays away, get Ancient Watering Hole going and win the drain race as you'll be retrieving up to 7 force per turn and every drain is +1. Figrin, Rose and Luke all retrieve 1 each (if Figrin wins) plus a potential 4 sites for Tat Celebration. Not sure how many DS decks can outrace that.

This deck should be very difficult for Scum-based decks as MKOS is screwed from the get-go (Trade Route blanks their JP site pulling text on turn 1) and Court decks will have their Audience Chamber converted and then turned into a non-battleground. In this case, Han sits there sniping DS aliens until they have no one in the AC and then my AC game text cancels Scum and Villainy.

By putting all my characters at Mos Eisley, it makes it very difficult should DS want to attack. 4-5 battle destinies, character exclusion via VibroAx or SATM and Ben Kenobi bringing back great characters means DS better be built up before it even thinks about it. Ben Kenobi is great but he's always had the weakness of being hit himself and therefore gone from the site when it's time to bring back a character. Enter the Talz. If Ben is hit, the Talz restores him to normal and then forfeits itself for 5 (whether it was hit/forfeit 0 or not). Then Ben Kenobi brings the Talz back for next turn.

With Harc Seff, even if all my characters are loaded at Mos Eisley, I can pay off adjacent drains and keep my lost pile small. A perfect goal for this deck is to deploy the Cantina early and bait DS to deploy there. I may eat a drain or two but eventually I'll get a nice group at Mos Eisley and then they are trapped. They sit there getting pinged each turn by Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol until they are weak enough for a beatdown (all while paying off their drains there) or they move to Mos Eisley, giving me a full turn to use up to 3 control phase weapons before I deploy more and attack.

In the Space theater, the cards choices are mostly about holding Tatooine. Space weapons would hurt this deck considerably so Masanya and Corran in Red 9 are auto-includes. Wedge in Red Sq. 1 is there for Guri and the +1 to BD from Ancient Watering Hole and Wild Karrde itself should help get some DS loss in those instances. For No Questions Asked you need a freighter or Indie space ship and there are only 2 of those in the deck (Wild Karrde and Pulsar Skate) so you need to be careful not to lose both of them. I considered Dash and his ship but it ended up being too card intensive as I already put quite a few cards on the table.

Cool Combo's
Put Lor San Tekka in the AC with Rose and an alien (needed to keep it a non-BG, Figrin or Leesub are designed to go there). Then, in the control phase move Rose over to an adjacent site and drain for 2 with AWH, retrieve 1 and if BB-8 is there ping for another 1 damage. She'll also satisfy Tat Celebration for another retrieval and is how you can get all 4 LS Tatooine sites populated for celebration in the control phase. All 4 sites can be from Cantina (shuffle), Mos Eisley (deployed characters), Lars Moisture Farm (No Questions Asked) and Hutt Trade Route (Lor San Tekka).

Use Lor San Tekka and No Questions Asked to snipe something up to 2 sites away. Use Lor first, then NQA and you've moved 2 sites. Then Han can use his blaster or Chewie his bowcaster with SATM. Gen Veers sitting there in his AT-AT 2 sites away draining? Move, move, shoot, gone.

Obvious combo, but if you can get Talon Karrde in space in his shop and Leesub sitting in the AC, use Talon's text to look at top card of DS deck and then pay 1 for Leesub to make it lost. With BB-8 on table with a Resistance character that's a total of 2 separate pings to add up in case drains are neutered for some reason (Imp Decree, ISB Operations, etc.)

Weaknesses
Any deck that converts Mos Eisley would shut down that entire aspect so Imperial Entanglements opponents will see Mos Eisley deployed last (hopefully on top of theirs). Decks that do tons of damage early might make it hard to come back but that also means they've deployed elsewhere and I could likely go with smaller groups at Tatooine system and Mos Eisley instead of turtling. Decks that can take out Solo are tough too so I have Perimeter Scan (v) in there in case I see AT-AT's or AT-ST's (to cancel Trample) and It's A Trap to cancel Sniper. Nothing I can do about Force Lightning though. Master Move Combo also cancels Tat Celebration so I need to be very careful what event I grab with the Shield, because if that comes out I need to grab it.

This is where my signature is supposed to be, but I can't get it to do cursive!

Harothir
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: Haro

Re: Resistance Agents in the Court

Post by Harothir »

Was Solo errata’d? The only one I know of doesn’t have his species specified in the lore box (only smuggler). So, he couldn’t actually be the rep?

Please tell me I’m wrong.

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

Harothir wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:05 am
Was Solo errata’d? The only one I know of doesn’t have his species specified in the lore box (only smuggler). So, he couldn’t actually be the rep?

He doesn't have his species in his lore, but you can use him as your Rep.
AR B-1 wrote: Agents In The Court/No Love For
The Empire

A character whose species is
defined in the Advanced Rulebook
may be revealed normally as a Rep
as if that species was defined in that
card's lore.
AR D-2 wrote:All Character versions of Dash, Han, Tarl and Wedge
are Corellian.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

Harothir
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: Haro

Post by Harothir »

Echo Base Trooper wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:33 am
Harothir wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:05 am

He doesn't have his species in his lore, but you can use him as your Rep.
AR B-1 wrote: Agents In The Court/No Love For
The Empire

A character whose species is
defined in the Advanced Rulebook
may be revealed normally as a Rep
as if that species was defined in that
card's lore.
AR D-2 wrote:All Character versions of Dash, Han, Tarl and Wedge
are Corellian.
Thank you for posting that! As soon as I asked the question I started perusing the AR but didn’t find it quickly enough.

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Some considerations:

-Rey in space, Rey (v) over EPP Rey
-EPP Luke/Luke the Last Jedi over Space Luke
-Arcona, risky but so tech when it works
-Starship Lev (v)
-Rebel Barrier/more evasion
-Projection of a Skywalker
-General Leia x2 + gun

A lot of these might be things you’d put in if you had 5-10 extra cards, but is stuff you can tinker with if you aren’t happy with where the deck is.

Is Caldera Righam’s species specified? Maybe look at that too.

And Yoxgit?

Han’s Blaster is really good.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Berm
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Berm »

stephengascrub wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 10:54 am
Some considerations:

-Starship Lev (v)
-General Leia x2 + gun

A lot of these might be things you’d put in if you had 5-10 extra cards, but is stuff you can tinker with if you aren’t happy with where the deck is.

And Yoxgit?

Arcona will net you 2 force loss if you move away thanks to the defensive shield Firepower.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Berm wrote:
stephengascrub wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 10:54 am
Some considerations:

-Starship Lev (v)
-General Leia x2 + gun

And Yoxgit?

Arcona will net you 2 force loss if you move away thanks to the defensive shield Firepower.
And way more if your opponent plays Darth Vader Emperor’s Enforcer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justin Miyashiro

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

Hazardville wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:01 pm
And way more if your opponent plays Darth Vader Emperor’s Enforcer.
I have blanked an Arcona's game text with Darth Vader, Emperor's Enforcer before. My opponent conceded before I even got to initiate the battle.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Lol, good points. Thanks!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Pantherpike
GEMP Username: Gladniator

Post by Pantherpike »

FYI, I made this deck misunderstanding the rules on "regular moves" and have made quite a few changes. It's not devoted to evasion so Arcona, Barrier, are not a good choice. Now, it's around using the Cantina shuffle itself to set up drains, battles, etc. Lor San Tekka is out but I still have 2 No Questions asked so I can abuse Han's Blaster if they chose to come to Tatooine. The gist of it is to set up in space first and then load Mos Eisley (or Cantina if opponent is there). Lots of retrieval with solid drains if they leave me alone and methods of setting up a beatdown if they are aggressive.

I'll update this deck soon and I've got 2 other decks based on rarely used Objectives I think are tier 2 (Rescue the Princess and City in the Clouds) that I will post when I get a chance.
This is where my signature is supposed to be, but I can't get it to do cursive!

Return to “Deck Discussion”