Hyperdrive Ideas

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
Posts: 5709
Joined: July 14th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Location: Denmark (Toola)
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by aermet69 »

Hyperdrive has some solid matches, but also a few autolosses. Normal IE can be okay, but trooperspam is probably a straight loss. Map is generally also a straight loss. Mains can be okay, and slightly slower decks are super matches. I think Invasion is also more or less an autoloss unless they get a seriously bad start. Once you do flip, it's awesome though. I was trying to slot JB into the deck, but it honestly felt worse. The site you get, is worse than farm and the lightsaber pull is samey or worse than the used pile pull. Prolly worse. Cheap Qui-gon is good and immune mace is also okay, but you lose out on Aayla who is really solid with clone support.


- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

JimmyFrench
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 698
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 10:28 am
Location: PARIS (FRANCE)

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by JimmyFrench »

aermet69 wrote:Hyperdrive has some solid matches, but also a few autolosses. Normal IE can be okay, but trooperspam is probably a straight loss. Map is generally also a straight loss. Mains can be okay, and slightly slower decks are super matches. I think Invasion is also more or less an autoloss unless they get a seriously bad start. Once you do flip, it's awesome though. I was trying to slot JB into the deck, but it honestly felt worse. The site you get, is worse than farm and the lightsaber pull is samey or worse than the used pile pull. Prolly worse. Cheap Qui-gon is good and immune mace is also okay, but you lose out on Aayla who is really solid with clone support.
Agree at 100%. JB < IMBATS. Main concern is about IE trooper who is an autolose. Invasion & MAP are also very very hard. Map can be managed by BB8 and a straight game plan on Ground but will make the deck weaker vs. other Dark

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 545
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 4:16 am

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by brainschrat »

Yeah sorry, Ayla is certainly playable in regular Hyperdrive, just not with Jedi Business.

Although I love the deck I agree that it's just a tad too slow for many dark decks because you cannot afford to deploy someone turn 1 most of the time. The location pull of Tatooine system only helps from turn 2 on and also gives the opponent a 3rd icon. And it's a fairly safe drain 2 because you cannot afford to run a strong space.

Still think that non-Hyperdrive (Tatooine CP(V) starting Obi's Hut, Credits, We're Leaving and Wokling, getting the Junkyard with the first Obi pull) is the better deck because of the activation ratio and no character/ship restriction.

User avatar
gossuii
Member
Posts: 4236
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 11:10 am
Location: Seattle (formerly Amsterdam)
GEMP Username: gossuii

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by gossuii »

brainschrat wrote:Still think that non-Hyperdrive (Tatooine CP(V) starting Obi's Hut, Credits, We're Leaving and Wokling, getting the Junkyard with the first Obi pull) is the better deck because of the activation ratio and no character/ship restriction.
Would you replace Wokling for Jedi Business in that deck? And then go 2 Mace, 2 Qui, 3 Padawan Obi (and 3 Padme non-v), and sabers? Perhaps Anakin as well?
Gosse Z. - Seattle

User avatar
Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 8652
Joined: May 24th, 2011, 4:43 am

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by Darth_Link »

Definitely disagree that IE troopers is an autoloss. JB is the much preferred card for my version posted here.

Imbats gives you 2 pulls and a slightly better site (except against Watto). JB gives you multiple sabers, a site, a fully immune Mace and a cheaper Qui. To me JB is the automatic choice for now.


Tat CPv is fun and all, but can't see it being better than the bonuses you get from THGG (especially with v version)
Sure, character restrictions are nice to get away from, but forfeit 10 Anakin with a lightsaber that retrieves a card when drawing BD (+1)? Nice. Ric in ship adding a BD, being fully immune w Plo? Nice. Pinging with Jar Jar? Fun AND nice.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

User avatar
FlorisV
Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: July 13th, 2003, 10:21 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by FlorisV »

Some may find it laughable but I'm still seriously considering Kal Fas v over Jedi Biz. I prefer Obi having a saber over other guys as he hits the table earlier than others and Obi-Wan's Journal is so good. You can now deploy Tatooine system turn 1 so strictly for force you don't need Mos Espa.

Also I had Obi x2 instead of x4. Running Padme x4 even looks better now with the direct damage.

User avatar
Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 8652
Joined: May 24th, 2011, 4:43 am

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by Darth_Link »

Jedi Business gives Obi the choice of 2 different EP1 sabers to use. Sure, you don't add 1 to drain but I don't see that as a necessity for the deck.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1473
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by CRG »

Darth_Link wrote:Jedi Business gives Obi the choice of 2 different EP1 sabers to use. Sure, you don't add 1 to drain but I don't see that as a necessity for the deck.
And Obi's EP1 Saber also helps with hitting Maul and Co. And you've got Lightsaber Proficiency if you really want to get a drain out of it (which I always cut from my decks, but its an option).
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
Posts: 5709
Joined: July 14th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Location: Denmark (Toola)
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by aermet69 »

Darth_Link wrote:Definitely disagree that IE troopers is an autoloss. JB is the much preferred card for my version posted here.

Imbats gives you 2 pulls and a slightly better site (except against Watto). JB gives you multiple sabers, a site, a fully immune Mace and a cheaper Qui. To me JB is the automatic choice for now.


Tat CPv is fun and all, but can't see it being better than the bonuses you get from THGG (especially with v version)
Sure, character restrictions are nice to get away from, but forfeit 10 Anakin with a lightsaber that retrieves a card when drawing BD (+1)? Nice. Ric in ship adding a BD, being fully immune w Plo? Nice. Pinging with Jar Jar? Fun AND nice.
Good points. My concern is deck space and destiny. I can cut Lando and Chewie to make room for a Mace and 2 sabers (or 1 saber and one more Mace/Qui). Using the D5 saber helps on this of course. But I lose the ability to hit cars and get used pulls. I'm also down to 1 resistance agent, but then again, Map is already such a horrible match. Though Mace + Quigon and a few Throw Me Another Charge, might actually make that fight doable. You just have to take som damage for a few turns, before moving in.

The QRS and Plo is definitely interesting, but has nothing to do with JB. On the +, I can get away with just removing cards that doesn't get a benefit on the 7 side even if Aayla is super solid in the deck, Mace may well do some similar stuff (protecting against Fetts). Add a Blaster Deflection and it could sit pretty strong like that. Worth a try.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 545
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 4:16 am

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by brainschrat »

I wouldn't run JB in non-Hyperdrive as you loose the BIG advantage of running Luke. It's mostly a fun deck, anyway.

As for Hyperdrive's flip side: It's bonkers, but whenever I had 4 cards on Credits, I had already won. I'm curious as to the game plan vs. trooper IE. Very often they will be spread out to 3 or 4 sites turn 2. To kick them off the sites you need to attack two if not three sites in one turn and go through Barrier, a reacting Patrol, Trooper Assault etc. Or is there a better way of turning down their damage than straight attack?

User avatar
Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 8652
Joined: May 24th, 2011, 4:43 am

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by Darth_Link »

As always, it depends on your build. If you want to run Clones, Aayla should be in there. And then Jedi Business is bad business.

aermet69 wrote:The QRS and Plo is definitely interesting, but has nothing to do with JB.
That was more related to the Tat CPv vs THGG discussion.

As for higher destiny, just run 3-4x Jedi Levitation ;)
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

MarshalLaeroth
Starter
Starter
Posts: 4
Joined: September 10th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by MarshalLaeroth »

Just a quick question, as Hyperdrive very much intrigues me...does Padme Naberrie count as Amidala for purposes of the new objective?

User avatar
FlorisV
Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: July 13th, 2003, 10:21 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by FlorisV »

MarshalLaeroth wrote:Just a quick question, as Hyperdrive very much intrigues me...does Padme Naberrie count as Amidala for purposes of the new objective?
Yes.

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1473
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by CRG »

MarshalLaeroth wrote:Just a quick question, as Hyperdrive very much intrigues me...does Padme Naberrie count as Amidala for purposes of the new objective?
Yes:
AR 3.0, p. D-4 wrote: Persona Lists
[...]
The following lists show the standard names for various
"personas" of the Star Wars universe wherever that
card may be known by more than one name (a name
does not have to be on this list to be referred to by a
shorthand version, such as Biggs). Whenever any card
or rule text refers to the standard persona name, it is
referring to ANY card that represents that persona. For
example, a reference to 'Lando' would affect all cards
that 'contain' a persona of Lando Calrissian, such as the
Dark or Light side character card Lando Calrissian,
Lando With Blaster Pistol, Tamtel Skreej, and Lando In
Millennium Falcon.
[...]
Character Persona Examples
[...]Amidala (also depicted as Padmé)
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

User avatar
stephengascrub
Member
Posts: 1490
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 11:17 pm
Location: Georgia
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by stephengascrub »

So I’ve played the deck a lot locally and have a few questions:

1.) When I’ve used Emil’s first list or my own variants that try not to do much, space feels weak. Is that how it should be? Is trying to run Bravos, Williams/Makador + ship, Anakin + Azure Angel, etc., celebration just not worth it?

2.) When you can’t establish your own activation/on Tatooine it feels rough. I get that against Court/Mkos, Dark Deal, and ROPS you still have to go on the offensive to win. Do you just try to set up on Tatooine against almost all other decks?

3.) Besides MAP, Invasion, and HD (piloted competently) are there any really bad matchups?

4.) Which Qui-Gon and why?

5.) Has anyone tried clones and had success or is that more of a Fun Fred version for now?

Thanks!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

Image

Image



-Team The Bad Batch

swatt9999
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 950
Joined: January 15th, 2015, 11:27 am
Location: Chicago
GEMP Username: FsuSwatt

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by swatt9999 »

stephengascrub wrote:So I’ve played the deck a lot locally and have a few questions:

1.) When I’ve used Emil’s first list or my own variants that try not to do much, space feels weak. Is that how it should be? Is trying to run Bravos, Williams/Makador + ship, Anakin + Azure Angel, etc., celebration just not worth it?

2.) When you can’t establish your own activation/on Tatooine it feels rough. I get that against Court/Mkos, Dark Deal, and ROPS you still have to go on the offensive to win. Do you just try to set up on Tatooine against almost all other decks?

3.) Besides MAP, Invasion, and HD (piloted competently) are there any really bad matchups?

4.) Which Qui-Gon and why?

5.) Has anyone tried clones and had success or is that more of a Fun Fred version for now?

Thanks!
1) i pretty much give up space (run ric in ship & stack it with pilots such as oddball, boshek (v), scrubs etc)

2) i usually set up on the junkyard or farm or outskirts as a backup asap - attack with jedi business mace now!

3) invasion i feel isnt that bad, depends on player i suppose - some with stack up on naboo giving you the chance to get junkyard going & then can attack on naboo

4) think i run each of them (no epp) - the alien reduction bonus is nice on tat, the (v) is always strong for free interupt pulls & the reflect 3 lets you get a saber back and/or immune to cade bane/4lom etc (cause of the presence of AOBS now)

5) i run all the clones i think & added in the new leader guy. they work really well with blaster rifle (v), rebel assault, ambush & slight weapons malfunction.
Last edited by swatt9999 on January 23rd, 2019, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 550
Joined: December 24th, 2005, 12:39 pm
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by Tarelion »

swatt9999 wrote:
stephengascrub wrote: 3.) Besides MAP, Invasion, and HD (piloted competently) are there any really bad matchups?
3) invasion i feel isnt that bad, depends on player i suppose - some with stack up on naboo giving you the chance to get junkyard going & then can attack on naboo
For what it's worth, my game plan against Hyperdrive as the Invasion player is generally to let him set up at the junkyard and use that time to harden the throne room and space, and then damage race. The flipside of Invasion has a built-in drain limit of 2, and occupying the TR with Gunray and a blaster gives me 5 damage a turn to their 3. If they try to spread to other Tatooine sites or kick me off of naboo, then I keep dropping 2 droids and drawing 10+ total BD over and over again on whatever site they're at to clear them.

Overall, it's not an easy matchup for Invasion, but it's definitely winnable, and possibly winnable more often than not.

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1473
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by CRG »

Yeah, in that match it feels like what you’d do if You were playing Profit or other token LS space: get someone to the throne room ASAP to protect against the flip. And you should have a few Padmes in there anyways to keep it at a drain 2. Obi to Junkyard, rest to Naboo. Reinforce. MQGv can help you flip vs YBD.
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 550
Joined: December 24th, 2005, 12:39 pm
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by Tarelion »

CRG wrote:Yeah, in that match it feels like what you’d do if You were playing Profit or other token LS space: get someone to the throne room ASAP to protect against the flip. And you should have a few Padmes in there anyways to keep it at a drain 2. Obi to Junkyard, rest to Naboo. Reinforce. MQGv can help you flip vs YBD.
And that's why I don't play the TR until I'm ready to flip, even if it means i have to dig a couple turns to get it.

User avatar
mingtown
Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 1:15 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
GEMP Username: mingtown

Re: Hyperdrive Ideas

Post by mingtown »

CRG wrote:Yeah, in that match it feels like what you’d do if You were playing Profit or other token LS space: get someone to the throne room ASAP to protect against the flip. And you should have a few Padmes in there anyways to keep it at a drain 2. Obi to Junkyard, rest to Naboo. Reinforce. MQGv can help you flip vs YBD.
Obi alone at the Junkyard is pretty squishy. That ITA <4 is super easy for Invasion to crack, and if he's gone there goes a big part of your engine, especially when you haven't flipped yet.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

Post Reply

Return to “Deck Discussion”