Jedi Business Senate Pile

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Jedi Business Senate Pile

Post by Hutch »

So do you every brain storm decks and think "this should go in, and yeah, I can do this too, and that will mesh with those things too" and you start putting it together and realize "oh, I also need X, Y, and Z to make this work"? And then when you sit down and write out the deck list you have 74 cards. That is how this deck started. I kinda feel like I ended up with a pile of cards now and thought I'd get some ideas from other folks to see if this can work. Here's the 60 I landed on:
Spoiler
Show
Starting
Plead My Case To The Senate
Coruscant: Galactic Senate
Naboo: Boss Nass' Chambers
HFTMF
AGA v
Jedi Business
Squadron Assignments
Wokling

Characters
Senator Palpatine
Senator Mon Mothma
Horox Ryyder
Mas Amedda
Yarua
Mace Windu v x2
Qui-Gon W/ Lightsaber x2
Yoda, MoF
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon v
Depa Billaba v
General Kenobi
Luke Skywalker, TRH
Anakin Skywalker, PL
Rey
Solo
Hera
Poe

Effects
Senate Hovercam

Interrupts
Might Of The Republic x4
Speak To The Council x4
AWRI Combo x2
Rescue In The Clouds v
Jedi Levitation v
Starship Lev Combo
Smoke Screen
Blaster Deflection
AJR
C&TV
Sense
Alter v
Clash
SATM Combo

Locations
Chandrilla
Coruscant: Night Club
Coruscant: Jedi Council Chamber

Starships
Red 5 v
Azure Angel
The Falcon
Ghost

Weapons
Mace's Lightsaber
Obi-Wan's Lightsaber

AO
I'll Take The Leader
Notes on where I landed:
I decided on starting Naboo: BNC; with 4x Speaks, the first one would be used to pull the JCC and then subsequent ones can be used to pull Mace and other council members. Activation ratio is 15/4 with all locations and hovercam out, more if you have any of your masters on the table. First senator pull is likely Mon Mothma to pull Chandrila early. Of course, Jedi Business pulls the Night Club and the idea is you have a site and system that you should be able to hold, drain there and cause some damage with Mas Amedda. Possibly retrieve a bit with Yarua. Maybe even has enough firepower to go to an opponent's location and contest it.

Things that got taken out (or I've thought of after the fact):
-Thought about starting Podracing to shield bust them, but it was just too many extra and not enough starting effect slots.
-Probably a better pilot/ship than Hera/Ghost. I cut Dash/Outrider in favor of her for the extra destiny.
-Swapped out EPP Qui x2 for Master Qui x2 & Stick to cut one more card slot
-Supreme Chancellor Valorum. His text seems like it would be good if they contest the Night Club, but there's not a ton of 'Republic' characters in the deck and he's not pullable.
-Nar Shadda and Mindful of the Future; was looking for a drain two system, but not an efficient way of getting it out.
-Other cards I took out: Barrier, Clash, 5th Speak, 2nd Sense, 2nd I'll Take The Leader, Ahsoka w/ Sticks
-After the fact, thought of adding General Leia and a Rebel Leadership

So any thoughts on how to make this less pile-ish and maybe win a game at a local tournament?

3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: Jedi Business Senate Pile

Post by chriskelly »

I think you should just start the JCC and dump a few of the Speaks. I’d also dump the Hera package to double up on the space Luke and an r2 in red 5. Smoke screen is cool, but maybe another deflection or potentially A Jedis Concentration. I also don’t love clash - so many people run protection and your main drain site doesn’t let you use it either. I’d probably make that a second Alter (v) for the map match up. And another Jedi lev wouldn’t hurt.

But I think you also need to double up on some of your senators, otherwise a grevious + command is going to make you have a real bad time.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

My first major thought is why start boss nass chambers and run speak instead of starting the JCC and running wesa?

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

I think you're better off just starting the JCC and dropping the Senate package entirely.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Pantherpike
GEMP Username: Gladniator

Post by Pantherpike »

I built a similar deck around extra activation from various effects/cards and going with only a few locations. Chandrila was my system and started JCC. My space however was a decent amount of cheap capitals (immune to tie cannons and decent forfeit as well as getting the +2 from chandrila). Now that Jedi Business is out, I will be adapting it into the deck and going with some other new options.
This is where my signature is supposed to be, but I can't get it to do cursive!

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

seitaer wrote:My first major thought is why start boss nass chambers and run speak instead of starting the JCC and running wesa?
I assumed it was to get the lost function of speak too. But I still think cut those down and just start the JCC.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Start JCC for sure.

I think you can get by with just a few senators. Some decks will have a hard time going there, so you just sit there with 2 guys most of the game. Other matches (invasion perhaps?) you don't bother too much with the senate and instead play like a mains deck.

I quickly built a version that runs a capital space package, ric + plo koon v, and jedi business. EPP Luke and EPP Qui (deploy -1) and 2x AJR, Kenobi, Anakin and Mace w matching sabers. 5 senators, 2 Might. And a bunch of interrupts.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brainschrat »

I'd forgo Squassin and use cheap capitals, too (Chandrila text), otherwise the deck tries to do too much. You need to get 2 Senators to the Senate ASAP if you want the Hovercam, so starting Strike Planning for a guaranteed Mon Mothma / Chandrila and maybe a General Leia pull might be a good idea. Maybe leave out BNC and Wesas altogether?

I never include Mas Amedda in LS Senate as he is yet another card on table, and does not even help you to flip. Most of the time, he seems like a win more card. Also it needs more undercover spy hate than a single SATM combo.

Dodge might be a good card to avoid a battle at the Night Club. Oh, and the new Jedi Mind Trick.

Martindb
GEMP Username: MartinNL

Post by Martindb »

Darth_Link wrote:Start JCC for sure.

I quickly built a version that runs a capital space package, ric + plo koon v, and jedi business. EPP Luke and EPP Qui (deploy -1) and 2x AJR, Kenobi, Anakin and Mace w matching sabers. 5 senators, 2 Might. And a bunch of interrupts.
I'd be very interested in this list if you'd care to share :)
Runner up Dutch Nationals 2019

Return to “Deck Discussion”