new cct

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

new cct

Post by TB »

Hmmm... ok so how do the new cards help CCT flip? How should I do stuff? whats the sequence of play?

I still run the new rifle, I guess. But what does the console v and the int do for me?

Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Re: new cct

Post by rsersen »

But what does the console v and the int do for me?
The interrupt lets Fett move for free, which trumps the "use 2 to relocate" on the rifle. The console pulls the interrupt. So basically the first turn goes:

- Activate 5+
- Use 1 to pull He's All Yours (v)
- Use 4 to deploy Fett/Rifle
- Pull AC, deploy Despair, any other activation
- Play He's All Yours (v) targeting Fett
- Move Fett/Prize to AC for free, flip

Then on LS T1 you can activate 1 with the Console. If they drop someone to fight Fett, use his card swap for Stunning and end the battle. From there you pull Scum, can pull Daroe -> Iggy with AC, start tunnel visioning and doing scummy stuff.

I got through half a game before Proxima crashed on me, but it seems pretty strong.
PC Foils/AI/Chips Haves & Wants - let's make a deal
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG
Image Image

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Yeah I love it. Thing is I have it build from back when it cost like five thousand force to do everything and it was still decent. Now it could be good. Retrieval really stacks up and with ybd pings and a lot of tricks it can hang with a lot of decks.
Results:

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

TB wrote:Yeah I love it. Thing is I have it build from back when it cost like five thousand force to do everything and it was still decent. Now it could be good. Retrieval really stacks up and with ybd pings and a lot of tricks it can hang with a lot of decks.
It is for sure a lot better. I would have preferred an errata to the blaster rather than a patchwork solution, but the end result is similar. You can actually set up now. It takes a few more cards than traditional Iggy, but you can get some real benefits from it.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box

new cct

Post by rsersen »

As fun as this is to play, and definitely a lot more viable than it was two days ago...still think it has too much going against it.

- AMN is still a bad start. Maybe 12-card or Prep is better, using Double Backs and AMN (v) and hope you can pair Boba/Rifle up quickly.

- While I'm chasing LS around the board in the mid-game, I'm just watching Boba and Iggy rot at the AC, wishing I had BFBH and EPP Iggy to help me clear sites.

- Low forfeit guys, and the immunity < 4 rarely matters with multiple draws, Anakin/Rey/LMFBM, etc.

- Extra retrieval is nice, but paying to battle, retrieve with scum/obj, and tunnel with Iggy gets expensive, especially if you're struggling to find activation (another downfall of AMN).

It's a fun first turn flip, but by turn 3 or 4 I'm just wishing I had played Court. But maybe someone else has some spicy stuff that I'm missing.
Image Image

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

what are you running for activation?

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by rsersen »

Besides AC/Dungeon/Console, I’ve got Passenger Deck (and 3x Twi’lek) and Nal Hutta/Haven.

That gets me to 13/3. That feels like it should be enough, think my bigger problem is getting them both out quickly (or rather, passing on them to tunnel for other cards). Probably a self-inflicted choke, and I need to slow down a bit instead of immediately trying to go on offense.
Image Image

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

rsersen wrote:As fun as this is to play, and definitely a lot more viable than it was two days ago...still think it has too much going against it.
- AMN is still a bad start. Maybe 12-card or Prep is better, using Double Backs and AMN (v) and hope you can pair Boba/Rifle up quickly.
It's an 11-card start...I think it's great. Boba's ship is useful for forfeit/extra pilot and still gets immunity < 4. I used to run Close Call v to exploit that more before an insanely good counter became a staple. Dungeon is brilliant.
rsersen wrote: - While I'm chasing LS around the board in the mid-game, I'm just watching Boba and Iggy rot at the AC, wishing I had BFBH and EPP Iggy to help me clear sites.
No need to chase everything: u-3po and Arica. They either give up Han or Corran, so something's got to give. If they give up Han, at last they can't run Guts or the fancy combo with either Rey or Chewie. WYS will have no choice and has to give one of up their best pilots. Mighty Jabba becomes a powerhouse. If they give Corran you can abuse spies and destiny adding (everything's +1 at the AC).

For ground battles: Cad Bane, Bounty + Bossk with gun, Dengar v + Naboo Blaster Rifle, Jango/Jodo + Hidden Weapons, Mighty Jabba + Xizor/Proxima/4-Lom. Maybe Snoova.
rsersen wrote: - Low forfeit guys, and the immunity < 4 rarely matters with multiple draws, Anakin/Rey/LMFBM, etc.
Human Shields, Guri, Boelo.
rsersen wrote: - Extra retrieval is nice, but paying to battle, retrieve with scum/obj, and tunnel with Iggy gets expensive, especially if you're struggling to find activation (another downfall of AMN).
This is the biggest culprit. I try to find Nal Hutta ASAP. You need to get your butt to space pronto because Simple Tricks shield holds you back. Coupla Surface Defense v to find Jabba's Haven, and a Vigo v (sometimes you draw one of the 2 IG's or Daroe in hand). Other players run twix pullers. Satisfying Battle Order > 2 extra force from a twix. Because of evasion and IG you don't have to draw a bunch of cards and just look for space combo's like Guri/Xizor+ship + Barrier.
rsersen wrote: It's a fun first turn flip, but by turn 3 or 4 I'm just wishing I had played Court. But maybe someone else has some spicy stuff that I'm missing.
Court has a somewhat smoother start still and is better against decks like EBO. But this is a better deck against Diplo IMO.

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

yeah, I agree, floris. I also run the capture centric version an between hunting party, dispair v, dengar v and other stuff the ping really ads up. slavie 1 v with af couple of dudes is super good for splash.
Last edited by TB on August 3rd, 2019, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Results:

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Court pulling docking bays and starships is really good. I liked what I saw from your deck on GEMP Ryan.

Doing rough math I think you have about a 60% something percent chance of getting Fett with 5 cards and an 8 card hand. It goes up a good bit with a 12 card hand start, but I’m not keen on missing a key card 20-25% of the time. Then again Senate manages, so who knows?

I think the real question is does the deck have room for something like 3x Double Back, 2x Fett, and ways to get out his weapon. Eh, I don’t know.

Personally, I think the set up you’re using is better. I just think that the deck isn’t perfectly optimized (no knock against your deck building skills, the set is super new) and the deck might be tier 1.5.

My guess is it’s probably a great day 3 deck or match play deck where you can put opponents on certain decks.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

thing is, you do the first turn thing with fett. then next turn you have Iggy and daroe there and start tunneling. you drain for 2, ping for one (ybd should be up rather fast), retrieve 1 and as you run 3x twilek v you'll get those good alien leaders up fast. you can hit 2 drains with spies and should be able to set up a decent space thing for free drains. the rest is tricks and battles with retrieval and capture pings.

its not a super lean TRM like fighting machine but its an outlier deck that can hold its own and be a surprise to most players. my version has 3 sevens and a couple of sixes, so capturing big guys is a thing.
Results:

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

Watch out for No Idea matchups. They'll be activating 8-9 Force on their turn 1, all of their guys are spies, deploy -1, and they get a OPG pull of Saw. Fett helps to counter this initial beat if you play Stunning Leader.
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

But...but Saw cancels Stunning Leader :cry:
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

3MW0J8 wrote:But...but Saw cancels Stunning Leader :cry:
Ah tru fax, RIP

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

3MW0J8 wrote:But...but Saw cancels Stunning Leader :cry:
No idea is the rock to CCT's scissors.

#RIP

Thanks!

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Nothing beats rock...

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Nah, just have to wait a turn and get Ephant Mon down :twisted:

#RIPreversal
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

3MW0J8 wrote:Nah, just have to wait a turn and get Ephant Mon down :twisted:

#RIPreversal
Ooh spicy

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

Furthermore, versus No Idea, you can turn 1 move Fett for free with the captive to the AC, flip, then walk for free to the Dungeon, imprison the captive, and during their turn, if they come fight Fett, before they battle, pull and play He's All Yours, Bounty Hunter(v) to make Fett draw a destiny (because if you play it during battle, Saw can cancel it- or, if you have two, the right play then is to actually play it during battle to bait the Saw OPG, then play the other). Their guys are deploy +1 from Despair(v) and -1 from the new effect, and they have to pay 1 to battle, and after they clear Fett, anyone surviving has to pay 3 to release the Captive. It's unlikely they will be able to afford to do that too, so on your turn you have a random guy grab the captive and walk to the AC with, ideally, your Daroe(v) & IG-88(v) you just pulled. You also get a Fett upload there to ensure you find IGGY or activation, etc.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Xanth wrote:Furthermore, versus No Idea, you can turn 1 move Fett for free with the captive to the AC, flip, then walk for free to the Dungeon, imprison the captive, and during their turn, if they come fight Fett, before they battle, pull and play He's All Yours, Bounty Hunter(v) to make Fett draw a destiny (because if you play it during battle, Saw can cancel it- or, if you have two, the right play then is to actually play it during battle to bait the Saw OPG, then play the other). Their guys are deploy +1 from Despair(v) and -1 from the new effect, and they have to pay 1 to battle, and after they clear Fett, anyone surviving has to pay 3 to release the Captive. It's unlikely they will be able to afford to do that too, so on your turn you have a random guy grab the captive and walk to the AC with, ideally, your Daroe(v) & IG-88(v) you just pulled. You also get a Fett upload there to ensure you find IGGY or activation, etc.
To be honest, if they're doing all of that anyway, I'm probably trying to overflow them as hard as I can on turn 2.

I wonder if the better flip version is just using the retrieval part and playing a mains-heavy build like the classic IG 12-card version? CCT certainly seems like a worse Court deck if you're doing the Scum thing, so why not just lean into what 12-card does well and use IG-88 to find the pieces needed to wipe them out with Maul and such? You can even run a more Vader heavy built to leverage Boba Fett (v) and float I Am Your Father to have Vader and Boba kick back with IG in the Audience Chamber draining for 3 a turn while you send Maul and others to beat up on your opponent wherever they run to.
Justin Miyashiro

Return to “Deck Discussion”