new cct

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
FlorisV

Re: new cct

Post by FlorisV »

TechTerror wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm
Close call v and Dark Time v are nice when you've got EPP Bossk ( and they good all around interrupts too but I get it)

Only thing about your list, it would be sweet to fit a Wounded Warrior in since you are running blasters.
Dark Time v doesn't work with Bossk with Gun, only on opponent's destiny.
Wounded Warrior is great with blasters that "hit" but I use Dengar v to capture instead.

As for MKOS decks that are more effective against attrition, either try Greeata and a bunch of Greedo's (Oo-Ta Goo-Ta, Solo v to pull Greeata) or Chevin to satisfy attrition. Otherwise, if you don't mind staying on Tatooine more, Nikto have good forfeit when defending, or Weequay (via Hondo). Skrillings and Pote Snitkin are nice too, great destiny, can go off Tatooine, warrior icon so they can carry Disruptor Pistol.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Ok, I've jammed enough games now to feel comfortable putting this out there:

DS CCT Scum v1.1

Deck:
1x Bala-Tik
1x Boba Fett (V)
1x Cad Bane
1x Daroe (V)
1x Dengar With Blaster Carbine (V)
1x Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
1x Dr. Evazan & Ponda Baba
1x Greedo (V)
1x Jabba The Hutt (V)
1x Jango Fett
1x Lady Proxima
2x Mara Jade With Lightsaber
1x Prince Xizor
1x Ree-Yees (V)
1x Sidon Ithano
1x Velken Tezeri (V)
1x Wooof (V)
1x 4-LOM With Concussion Rifle
1x Guri
1x IG-88 (V)
1x P-59
1x Probot
1x Jabba's Prize
1x Carbonite Chamber Console (V)
1x Despair (V)
1x Jabba's Haven
1x Knowledge And Defense (V)
1x No Escape
2x Scum And Villainy
1x A Dark Time For The Rebellion (V)
1x Any Methods Necessary
1x Cease Fire!
1x Close Call (V)
1x Elis Helrot
1x Force Push (V)
2x Ghhhk & Those Rebels Won't Escape Us
1x He's All Yours, Bounty Hunter (V)
1x Hidden Weapons
1x Imbalance & Kintan Strider
1x Imperial Barrier
1x Sith Fury (V)
1x Sniper & Dark Strike
1x Stunning Leader
2x Twi'lek Advisor (V)
1x Cloud City: Carbonite Chamber
1x Cloud City: Security Tower (V)
1x Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber
1x Jabba's Palace: Dungeon
1x Jabba's Sail Barge: Passenger Deck
1x Nal Hutta
1x Carbon Chamber Testing
1x Elis In Hinthra
1x Jabba's Space Cruiser (V)
1x Slave I, Symbol Of Fear
1x Zuckuss In Mist Hunter
1x Boba Fett's Blaster Rifle (V)

Despite my earlier protestations, I have found some areas where this deck excels over Court:

1) You have much better access to card flow without having to take turns off to draw up. IG-88 is the most obvious way to accomplish this, but I've actually found the increased access to Lady Proxima helps a great deal as well. Since My Favorite Decoration deploys Scum and you don't need to spend your AC pull on Jabba, I've found Proxima a very common choice, and she snowballs really quickly to provide you a lot of material to work with.

2) You can assemble synergies better. This is a big deal, as this CCT can play similarly to the 12-card CCT, as IG pulls a variety of tricks that make every battle favorable. I've had several opponents concede because just a turn or two of setup granted me 3+ tricks to overwhelm them and clear a site they thought was secure or left them open to a huge AC counterbeat. The value of Hidden Weapons, 4-Lom, Xizor, Dr. E, and Sniper/Dark Strike are all greatly amplified when you can find them when you want and deploy them for maximum effectiveness.

3) Your destinies are better. This is admittedly not especially scientific, but it feels this way. Since you're pulling the specific cards you want with IG, you're often filtering out your low-destiny characters, leaving your extra Twilek Advisors and assorted red cards in your deck. This improved average destiny both increases the effectiveness of the multiple destinies offered by 4-Lom, Proxima, and Jango, but also makes your weapon-wielding characters much more potent.

4) Immunity to attrition. This is a minor point, but the fact that most of your cards are immune > 4 means that they're not certain to die in every battle. This comes up occasionally, as your characters are mostly pretty bad on their own, but sometimes your opponent draws low and you get to keep your force to hold the site for next turn. I'm trying out Close Call/Dark Time to play this aspect up. It is a little bit of a rub-in, as you're mostly capitalizing on your opponent drawing a 1 or 2 when you beat them up and then you lose nothing on top of clearing them, but hey, every little bit counts.

On top of these advantages, some of Court's advantages are not as potent as they otherwise appeared. Your drain +1 from Despair goes a long way toward balancing out the ping damage from Court, and the ability to pull their space is less powerful since IG-88 can pull your space almost as effectively, and sometimes more so as you can assemble Zuck + 4-Lom for a big beat a little easier than Court can. There is also a small side benefit that you can actually capture their characters with Hidden Weapons in the middle of a big battle without worrying about accidentally flipping and ruining your deck (plus, 1 damage from Despair!).

The +2 forfeit boost from Court is a really big deal, and CCT doesn't really have anyway to make that up apart from being able to freely forfeit Jabba since he's not essential to the deck's gameplan. That said, I don't think CCT Flip is a strictly worse Scum platform than Court, and, indeed, its strengths might give it enough ability to overpower mains that otherwise threaten Scum that it's a better choice depending on the meta, or maybe even overall if the right list can be found. I've certainly enjoyed playing it.

On the list, I mostly haven't gotten around to trying Mighty Jabba, although I think he's going to be in the next version. Sidon has also been lackluster, but I think I want to play against a more space-heavy deck before completely writing him off. Another Daroe/IG-88 or Twilek Advisor might be warranted.
Justin Miyashiro

TechTerror
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

If anyone could assess this deck next to 12 card CCT mains it is you.
Hazardville wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 1:56 am
Another Daroe/IG-88 or Twilek Advisor might be warranted.
I like the 2x Mara Jade idea.

I have used 3X Twi'lek V in flip CCT, MKOS, and Court and I have consistently struggled to get out the passenger deck. I was struggling to figure out why but then thinking about BNC, i havent had troubles getting out BNC with 3 x wesas in LS decks but then you always have Rescue v and a C/TV to help you on that front. Soaybe need to combine with another mechanic for pulling. I think IG-88 v could help a lot. So yeah one more daroe (cause proxima can get him), one more twi'lek and youre set, ha you can figure out what to cut. It would be nice to get one more Cad Bane in the deck too to help deal with ITA of Jedi.
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

TechTerror wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 3:24 pm
If anyone could assess this deck next to 12 card CCT mains it is you.
Hazardville wrote:
Another Daroe/IG-88 or Twilek Advisor might be warranted.
I like the 2x Mara Jade idea.

I have used 3X Twi'lek V in flip CCT, MKOS, and Court and I have consistently struggled to get out the passenger deck. I was struggling to figure out why but then thinking about BNC, i havent had troubles getting out BNC with 3 x wesas in LS decks but then you always have Rescue v and a C/TV to help you on that front. Soaybe need to combine with another mechanic for pulling. I think IG-88 v could help a lot. So yeah one more daroe (cause proxima can get him), one more twi'lek and youre set, ha you can figure out what to cut. It would be nice to get one more Cad Bane in the deck too to help deal with ITA of Jedi.
I need to play more vs mains to know for sure, but currently I’m finding 1x Cad 1x 4-Lon is enough. Either one can turn off a Jedi’s immunity, with the exception of Mace + Jedi Business which can only be shut down by Cad, and you have more access to 4-Lom due to Dr Cheli. So far the activation has been ok, but the sample size is still small so it remains to be seen.
Justin Miyashiro

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

Hazardville wrote:

DS CCT Scum v1.1

Deck:
1x Bala-Tik
1x Boba Fett (V)
1x Cad Bane
1x Daroe (V)
1x Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
1x Greedo (V)
1x Jabba The Hutt (V)
1x Jango Fett
1x Lady Proxima
1x Prince Xizor
1x Ree-Yees (V)
1x Sidon Ithano
1x Velken Tezeri (V)
1x Wooof (V)
1x Guri
1x IG-88 (V)
1x P-59
1x Probot
1x Jabba's Prize
1x Despair (V)
1x Jabba's Haven
1x No Escape
2x Scum And Villainy
1x Any Methods Necessary
1x Cease Fire!
1x Close Call (V)
1x Elis Helrot
1x Force Push (V)
1x Hidden Weapons
1x Imperial Barrier
1x Sith Fury (V)
1x Sniper & Dark Strike
1x Stunning Leader
2x Twi'lek Advisor (V)
1x Nal Hutta
1x Elis In Hinthra

Despite my earlier protestations, I have found some areas where this deck excels over Court:

-excellent breakdown of card choices-
Great list, thanks! Any considerations / thoughts on Bossk (V), Jodo Kast, or Chokk? And why EPP Dengar over Dengar (V), I assume firing twice but the additional ping with Dengar (Boba can transfer his gun to Dengar) is nice. With Boba's gun already on table, Defensive Fire (V), Search And Destroy, or Imperial Artillery could also be good
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

gossuii wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 7:55 pm
Hazardville wrote:

DS CCT Scum v1.1

Deck:
1x Bala-Tik
1x Boba Fett (V)
1x Cad Bane
1x Daroe (V)
1x Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
1x Greedo (V)
1x Jabba The Hutt (V)
1x Jango Fett
1x Lady Proxima
1x Prince Xizor
1x Ree-Yees (V)
1x Sidon Ithano
1x Velken Tezeri (V)
1x Wooof (V)
1x Guri
1x IG-88 (V)
1x P-59
1x Probot
1x Jabba's Prize
1x Despair (V)
1x Jabba's Haven
1x No Escape
2x Scum And Villainy
1x Any Methods Necessary
1x Cease Fire!
1x Close Call (V)
1x Elis Helrot
1x Force Push (V)
1x Hidden Weapons
1x Imperial Barrier
1x Sith Fury (V)
1x Sniper & Dark Strike
1x Stunning Leader
2x Twi'lek Advisor (V)
1x Nal Hutta
1x Elis In Hinthra

-excellent breakdown of card choices-
Great list, thanks! Any considerations / thoughts on Bossk (V), Jodo Kast, or Chokk? And why EPP Dengar over Dengar (V), I assume firing twice but the additional ping with Dengar (Boba can transfer his gun to Dengar) is nice. With Boba's gun already on table, Defensive Fire (V), Search And Destroy, or Imperial Artillery could also be good
I have considered Dengar (v), as this deck is much more able to find a weapon to put on him (or transfer Boba’s gun) than Court is, and I think you’re more likely to hit in the first place. Biggest reason I haven’t made the change is just time to test. I wanted to be confident the core was effective before tweaking too many things. The deck also wins mostly through beat downs, in which case both Dengars are good since Sniper/Dr E are pretty common tools, or damage racing. The possible trouble I see if that when you’re damage racing, it’s because they aren’t coming to fight you at the Audience Chamber, so you wouldn’t get the point damage from Dengar anyway, and the ping damage doesn’t matter as much when you’re beating down. Could definitely be good though, and probably worth trying.

Bossk (v), Jodo Kast, and a few other common Scum cards like Zam Wessell got lost in the numbers crunch. Bossk is sweet vs Solo and Chewie but otherwise a bit lackluster since he doesn’t get the forfeit boost from Court. Jodo would probably be worth it if I played more Hidden Weapons, but as is he also is too inefficient without Court. Never really considered Chokk but he feels much more effective as a defensive card. I think I’m happier with more versatility out of my defensive character options.

As for the other ping sources, I haven’t really considered those but they might be important against decks like EBO. I’d probably find space for a You’ll Be Dead or something, though I do like Search and Destroy.
Justin Miyashiro

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

I'm running Mighty Jabba in my build instead of Jabba v. My objective already pulls Scum, so Jabba's Scum pull isn't nearly as valuable.

Mind talking about why you aren't using Mighty Jabba?

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

Apollyon wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 11:35 am
I'm running Mighty Jabba in my build instead of Jabba v. My objective already pulls Scum, so Jabba's Scum pull isn't nearly as valuable.

Mind talking about why you aren't using Mighty Jabba?
Short answer: I hadn’t gotten around to it.

Longer answer: I had wanted to start with something of a normal Scum shell to test the idea. As it became clear that the idea was working, I changed more things, and the Jabba switch hadn’t happened yet, mostly because Jabba (v) is still fine even if you aren’t pulling Scum with him. I’ve since started playing Might Jabba and I do prefer him. He has a few more restrictions for power and as a result I’m considering more alien leaders, but on the whole I agree he’s a better choice.
Justin Miyashiro

gossuii

Post by gossuii »

played this at our local League this weekend, went 3-0 (played vs Hyperdrive, TRM, and No Idea). great deck. Needs an Imperial Decree v though for No Idea :yes:
Gosse Z. - Seattle

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

gossuii wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 1:20 pm
played this at our local League this weekend, went 3-0 (played vs Hyperdrive, TRM, and No Idea). great deck. Needs an Imperial Decree v though for No Idea :yes:
Tell us more!
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

It was @Hobbie 's Hyperdrive. It had clones. I'm sure you'd like it.

gossuii

Post by gossuii »

Hobbie stacked 5 or 6 cards on Credits but no other real damage (CCT flip retrieves 1 on DS control phase and makes Scum immune to Alter). Hyperdrive's space didn't make it vs CCT's space
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

arebelspy wrote:It was @Hobbie 's Hyperdrive. It had clones. I'm sure you'd like it. Image
Ya, I should have played TRM...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

gossuii wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 1:02 am
Hobbie stacked 5 or 6 cards on Credits but no other real damage (CCT flip retrieves 1 on DS control phase and makes Scum immune to Alter). Hyperdrive's space didn't make it vs CCT's space
Flip CCT seems like a better matchup than Court for beating Hyperdrive.

I had issues against Hyperdrive V at CO states pre-set 11 with my Court playing against
Kizakh wrote:
This text "aliens may not have their deploy cost reduced to Tatooine locations" on the flip side of Hyperdrive V hurts how many aliens you can deploy in a given turn. I will also say that Regis had Civil Disorder V, Jedi Biz going and was attacking and retrieving alot with jedi. Flip CCT giving you that extra retrieval might be the reason it is better than Court in Hyperdrive matchup. Also the deploy +1 to Jabba's Prize Site, the force drain +1 at Jabba's Prize site and the fact that Hyperdrive doesn't have much space so no need to be able to pull starships
Paul Coggins

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

I played a few games of this and found myself wanting more aliens to be able to unload on a site. Should I be holding up more? Also seems that I am having trouble in space. I am not really a court player so I could be doing things wrong.
Hazardville wrote:

DS CCT Scum v1.1

Deck:
1x Bala-Tik
1x Boba Fett (V)
1x Cad Bane
1x Daroe (V)
1x Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
1x Greedo (V)
1x Jabba The Hutt (V)
1x Jango Fett
1x Lady Proxima
1x Prince Xizor
1x Ree-Yees (V)
1x Sidon Ithano
1x Velken Tezeri (V)
1x Wooof (V)
1x Guri
1x IG-88 (V)
1x P-59
1x Probot
1x Jabba's Prize
1x Despair (V)
1x Jabba's Haven
1x No Escape
2x Scum And Villainy
1x Any Methods Necessary
1x Cease Fire!
1x Close Call (V)
1x Elis Helrot
1x Force Push (V)
1x Hidden Weapons
1x Imperial Barrier
1x Sith Fury (V)
1x Sniper & Dark Strike
1x Stunning Leader
2x Twi'lek Advisor (V)
1x Nal Hutta
1x Elis In Hinthra

1) You have much better access to card flow without having to take turns off to draw up. IG-88 is the most obvious way to accomplish this, but I've actually found the increased access to Lady Proxima helps a great deal as well. Since My Favorite Decoration deploys Scum and you don't need to spend your AC pull on Jabba, I've found Proxima a very common choice, and she snowballs really quickly to provide you a lot of material to work with.

2) You can assemble synergies better. This is a big deal, as this CCT can play similarly to the 12-card CCT, as IG pulls a variety of tricks that make every battle favorable. I've had several opponents concede because just a turn or two of setup granted me 3+ tricks to overwhelm them and clear a site they thought was secure or left them open to a huge AC counterbeat. The value of Hidden Weapons, 4-Lom, Xizor, Dr. E, and Sniper/Dark Strike are all greatly amplified when you can find them when you want and deploy them for maximum effectiveness.

3) Your destinies are better. This is admittedly not especially scientific, but it feels this way. Since you're pulling the specific cards you want with IG, you're often filtering out your low-destiny characters, leaving your extra Twilek Advisors and assorted red cards in your deck. This improved average destiny both increases the effectiveness of the multiple destinies offered by 4-Lom, Proxima, and Jango, but also makes your weapon-wielding characters much more potent.

4) Immunity to attrition. This is a minor point, but the fact that most of your cards are immune > 4 means that they're not certain to die in every battle. This comes up occasionally, as your characters are mostly pretty bad on their own, but sometimes your opponent draws low and you get to keep your force to hold the site for next turn. I'm trying out Close Call/Dark Time to play this aspect up. It is a little bit of a rub-in, as you're mostly capitalizing on your opponent drawing a 1 or 2 when you beat them up and then you lose nothing on top of clearing them, but hey, every little bit counts.

On top of these advantages, some of Court's advantages are not as potent as they otherwise appeared. Your drain +1 from Despair goes a long way toward balancing out the ping damage from Court, and the ability to pull their space is less powerful since IG-88 can pull your space almost as effectively, and sometimes more so as you can assemble Zuck + 4-Lom for a big beat a little easier than Court can. There is also a small side benefit that you can actually capture their characters with Hidden Weapons in the middle of a big battle without worrying about accidentally flipping and ruining your deck (plus, 1 damage from Despair!).

The +2 forfeit boost from Court is a really big deal, and CCT doesn't really have anyway to make that up apart from being able to freely forfeit Jabba since he's not essential to the deck's gameplan. That said, I don't think CCT Flip is a strictly worse Scum platform than Court, and, indeed, its strengths might give it enough ability to overpower mains that otherwise threaten Scum that it's a better choice depending on the meta, or maybe even overall if the right list can be found. I've certainly enjoyed playing it.

On the list, I mostly haven't gotten around to trying Mighty Jabba, although I think he's going to be in the next version. Sidon has also been lackluster, but I think I want to play against a more space-heavy deck before completely writing him off. Another Daroe/IG-88 or Twilek Advisor might be warranted.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

OrehRuoy wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 9:59 pm
...Also seems that I am having trouble in space...
Swap Hinthra for Stinger (non-v). Finding room for Virago is also worth it. I also like to start with Slave 1 to have an extra ship. Dre/Baba, sometimes Dengar v or Cad Bane can be a good pilot. Imp Barrier is often essential to survive Poefundity. It's hard to make room but typically CCT is very good at finding powerful space combo's as mentioned. If you have Stinger+Guri, Virago+Xizor and any 3rd ship you have 3 destinies, decent immunity and opponent has only one bd.

TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

OrehRuoy wrote: more aliens
Having played against Hazardville's CCT 3 times now I know that he is using his AC pull to get Proxima and then looking for aliens every control phase. Yesterday he hit on an alien every turn but he shared after about 3 in a row that he doesn't always get an alien in the 3 cards. He is also using IG-88 pulls and Point Man V and I believe Force Push as well to get what he needs. Pretty dang effective when you always have the card you want.
Paul Coggins

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Yeah I would grab proxima is able also. And then try to get 88 out.

gossuii

Post by gossuii »

When you teleport Boba + Prize to the AC, you should have used your AC pull for Daroe to get IG. Those 3 + Boba's OPG search for a card (usually Stunning Leader) keeps them safe at AC until next turn, while using IG to get the cards you need. Proxima, starship, Mara/Dengar/DR E combo depending on board state. Your objective won't flip back, so you have guaranteed retrieval in control phase + Scum for the rest of the game. And don't forget the immunity: Zuckuss in MH immune to <4 has surprised a few of my opponents already. Would almost consider Close Call v because of that
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

gossuii wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 1:31 pm
When you teleport Boba + Prize to the AC, you should have used your AC pull for Daroe to get IG. Those 3 + Boba's OPG search for a card (usually Stunning Leader) keeps them safe at AC until next turn, while using IG to get the cards you need. Proxima, starship, Mara/Dengar/DR E combo depending on board state. Your objective won't flip back, so you have guaranteed retrieval in control phase + Scum for the rest of the game. And don't forget the immunity: Zuckuss in MH immune to <4 has surprised a few of my opponents already. Would almost consider Close Call v because of that
Daroe is usually target # 1 due to being able to get IG. Some games you just have Proxima or Daroe so you use the AC pull to get the other one. Daroe is also a higher priority pill b/c you can use Twilek Advisor to get Proxima.

Most of the reason I don’t like Virago is that I usually like Xizor on the ground. Even against a deck like EBO, I prefer using the Orince to hold the CC to satisfy Resistance as he requires concerted effort by the opponent to clear. In other matchups he can be the key to a huge beat down when the opponent doesn’t have 6 ability (or you can take them down under 6 with Sniper or Dr E). Elis in Hinthra is ok and I’d be open to swapping it out, but I think I actually prefer just running the 5th ship in Stinger. I have to test it out.
Justin Miyashiro

Return to “Deck Discussion”