EBO Libertine Shuffle

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: derek

EBO Libertine Shuffle

Post by DerekChng »

EBO Libertine.png
EBO Libertine.png (735.81 KiB) Viewed 898 times
EBO Libertine.png
EBO Libertine.png (735.81 KiB) Viewed 898 times

A spin on EBO using LST at MPG to 'shuffle' a Resistance Char (RC) to 4th marker to drain, satisfy BPlorder, and retrieval for Rose. Then use Libertine to shuffle her up to avoid beatdowns, and shuttle down another RC pilot from Libertine to MPG during your move phase, rinse and repeat.
LST Libertine.png
LST Libertine.png (509.9 KiB) Viewed 898 times
LST Libertine.png
LST Libertine.png (509.9 KiB) Viewed 898 times

What you need for the shuffle:
1. Lor San Tekka
2. Two RCs of ability <4 (Rose & somebody else)
3. Libertine
4. Capital ship at Hoth to shuttle Libertine RCs down

You should control space easily, Gen Leia helps with retrieval, and beatdowns are possible at the 4th marker due to the power bonus from Hoth system & echo war room.

Probably somebody can improve on this and make it even stronger.

Pantherpike
GEMP Username: Gladniator

Re: EBO Libertine Shuffle

Post by Pantherpike »

I'm planning on building something similar but focused on retrieval from declaring battles (Draw Your Fire, Gen. Leia and Civil Disorder) using hit and run tactics. I think you don't need to shuttle Rose up each turn as you just need to move her back to Lor San Tekka's location. Move her over for control phase to satisfy BP/BO, retrieve 1 and drain and then move her back under the shield during the move phase. Note that you'll need to make sure you can defend those sites if DS comes after you (which many decks will). Add Perimeter Scan (v) to cancel Trample and some other cancelers to protect her while she's sitting at 4th Marker for a few phases in a turn.
This is where my signature is supposed to be, but I can't get it to do cursive!

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Pantherpike wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 8:55 am
I think you don't need to shuttle Rose up each turn as you just need to move her back to Lor San Tekka's location. Move her over for control phase to satisfy BP/BO, retrieve 1 and drain and then move her back under the shield during the move phase.
If she moved using Tekka as 'a regular move' how do you expect to move her back?
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Pantherpike

Post by Pantherpike »

I assumed that you can make a regular move during the move phase, but perhaps it is "one regular move" per turn. Not sure.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Pantherpike wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 10:17 am
I assumed that you can make a regular move during the move phase, but perhaps it is "one regular move" per turn. Not sure.
Nope.
AR 7-1: A card is only permitted one regular move per
turn. All regular moves occur during your move
phase unless a card or rule says otherwise.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by DerekChng »

The Tekka move is the regular move, so she cant move back (or shuttle back down from the system) the same turn.

I'll swap Hear me baby for Perimeter scan, among others. It is usually risky to hold 4th marker early game, and you have to dedicate alot of defensive cards for little returns. Best is do the Tekka shuffle, spread out and drain space for free, retrieve with Rose/Luke v/Gen Leia when picking your battles.

Pantherpike

Post by Pantherpike »

Ah, ok. Another thing you can try is to add a vehicle or two to pair with the Libertine movment (in case you don't get it) as you could move Rose, deploy a speeder and move it (with her piloting) back to safety. You couldn't loop this, but it would let you move Rose or another character safely every other turn (next turn you would move to 4th marker and pilot would walk back to 1st marker leaving the speeder available for next turn). Having a speeder might also assist with any battles that DS brings to Hoth as a side benefit...

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

fungineer wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 10:45 am
Pantherpike wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 10:17 am
Nope.
AR 7-1: A card is only permitted one regular move per
turn. All regular moves occur during your move
phase unless a card or rule says otherwise.
Isn't the relocate from Libertine NOT a regular move?
Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

Lor San is a regular move, so Rose can't move back, but she can 'relocate' up to the Libertine.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

A lot of confusion in this thread.

I'll explain in more detail.

Lor+ rose + resistance scrub at MPG. Lor moves one out in your control. Drain free. Ship relocated them up in deploy.

Next turn, lor moves other out, drain free, relocate up in deploy, ship dock or embark with a capital ship, and shuttle down the one relocated previous down turn to MPG.

Each turn you're moving one out in control, relocating them up to ship in deploy, then shuttling down the other in move phase.

Bonus: retrieve 1 w/ rose every other turn.

To stop this, DS just needs to be at MPG to battle (and also be able to occupy 4th marker so LS can't run back and forth).

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by DerekChng »

arebelspy wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 2:23 pm
A lot of confusion in this thread.

I'll explain in more detail.

Lor+ rose + resistance scrub at MPG. Lor moves one out in your control. Drain free. Ship relocated them up in deploy.

Next turn, lor moves other out, drain free, relocate up in deploy, ship dock or embark with a capital ship, and shuttle down the one relocated previous down turn to MPG.

Each turn you're moving one out in control, relocating them up to ship in deploy, then shuttling down the other in move phase.

Bonus: retrieve 1 w/ rose every other turn.

To stop this, DS just needs to be at MPG to battle (and also be able to occupy 4th marker so LS can't run back and forth).
Actually it's more like:

Control phase, Lor + Rose at MPG. Lor moves Rose to 4th marker (Regular move). Drain free.

Deploy, Libertine with RC pilot 2 at hoth system (Libertine must be piloted to utilize its text), shuttle Rose up to Libertine.

Move, Ship dock LIbertine with a capital ship, transfer RC pilot 2 over, then RC pilot 2 can shuttle down back to MPG. Rose stays to pilot Libertine.

Next turn, you repeat but with Rose & RC pilot 2 roles reversed.

Berm
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Berm »

Lor + Rose + Libertine + another resistance character...am I reading that right? 4 cards involved that don't do anything else.

Commander Luke (v) (pullable with Echo Base Garrison), Rogue 1 (luke pulls), Commander Wedge (cancel 2nd battle destiny). That's 4 cards (counting EBG) and those guys will drain for 2 at the site, draw 2 battle destiny, and are much much easier to get out than Lor, Rose, Libertine, resistance character.

What do you gain? Luke retrieval in space is about all I can see out of this that you lose, but the benefits of a different 4 card ground package far outweigh that.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

not when 4th marker is held by epp dengar and p59 plus maul or something like that. this is interesting
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Shadow 13 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 11:37 pm
not when 4th marker is held by epp dengar and p59 plus maul or something like that. this is interesting
I mean, then you just pair Commander Luke with Corran, or better yet Anakin, and DS needs to draw an 8 to hit you with any of those, and if you have Echo Base Garrison (which you probably would with this build of EBO) they also have to draw a 6 to crack your immunity.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of Commander Luke?
Justin Miyashiro

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Put BB-8 at the 4th marker and do 1 damage every turn as well :)
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by DerekChng »

Berm wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 10:21 pm
Lor + Rose + Libertine + another resistance character...am I reading that right? 4 cards involved that don't do anything else.

Commander Luke (v) (pullable with Echo Base Garrison), Rogue 1 (luke pulls), Commander Wedge (cancel 2nd battle destiny). That's 4 cards (counting EBG) and those guys will drain for 2 at the site, draw 2 battle destiny, and are much much easier to get out than Lor, Rose, Libertine, resistance character.

What do you gain? Luke retrieval in space is about all I can see out of this that you lose, but the benefits of a different 4 card ground package far outweigh that.
How do you mean the 4 cards dont do anything else? Tekka's draw card text is pretty good, Rose can help you retrieve, you satisfy Bplorder (most important), i can sleep easy knowing that i wont get beatdown next turn by god knows what.

I've played standard EBO for years, and on paper it seems strong, but problems on holding 4th marker with speeders are aplenty:

1. Getting them out and Deploy cost: Cdr luke in R1 is 6 force, Cdr wedge in R3 is 5 force = 11 force. And you got to play EBG. All this takes like about 3 turns to setup too. The Libertine shuffle is abit cheaper and easier with squass, float 2 havens, a random RC scrub.

2. Epp dengar and P59, good players will track 6s and 7s. Or just track a high single BD to kill a dude.

3. Or DS can simply beatdown the speeders with power or BD. Vader Enforcer cancels Cdr Wedge text, Blizz 4, GM tarkin v, trooper garrison, BFBH, Gen veers in his tesla, BD adders, etc. I've experimented with many forms of speeder protection and often with underwhelming results for 5+ cards. Put more guys in the speeders, even tried Combined Fleet Action, but thrawn v was out.

4. Then the DS can ignore you with U3PO, image, or outdrain/out retrieve you.

But the speeder version is probably better against certain decks like Watto. Maybe AOBS and HD?
aermet69 wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 1:03 am

Put BB-8 at the 4th marker and do 1 damage every turn as well :)
Yup although deck space is tight. Another damage option is Major Brance: "If you got a resistance char or ship on top of lost pile in your control phase, oppo loses 1 force." All these drains and random damage really adds up.

lsrubin
DS Region: Yavin 4
DS Region: Yavin 4
GEMP Username: lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

What do you do when they drop EPP Maul to the 4th marker, move him to the 1st marker, and pass the turn?

If you fight at the first marker, Tekka dies. If you move Tekka to the docking bay or shuttle him up to the system, you lose your trick for draining for free. If you move Tekka to the 4th marker, he gets beat down.

Or (and I'm less clear about the rules here) what happens when they deploy Emperor/Dooku/an EPP/a walker to the 4th marker and leave them there? Then you use Tekka to move Rose over during control phase, and then she gets Trampled or Force Lightninged before she gets a chance to relocate. Or she gets You Are Beatened and (I think) that stops her from relocating as well, and then she gets stomped on DS's next turn.
☮ ♥ ⑦
arebelspy wrote:The magic was inside you all along, you just had to believe. <3
kcaton wrote:"Jesus Christ, is that Lenny!?"

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

If she's yab'd, she won't ever get beat down. FL in control after they Lor move her would work.

But yes, the big flaw is DS going to both 1st and 4th markers.

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by DerekChng »

arebelspy wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 12:10 pm
If she's yab'd, she won't ever get beat down. FL in control after they Lor move her would work.

But yes, the big flaw is DS going to both 1st and 4th markers.
I guess it's a matter of resources. Does DS have enough guys to hold 2 BGs (4th marker and probably their site) AND MPG early-mid game?

1) If they occupy only 1 BG, you play Simple Tricks shield to prevent the MPG drain. Also, moving to MPG costs them 2 force each which is pretty heft considering you only give them 2 icons.

2) If they occupy 2 BGs and MPG, you can try clear 4th marker with Ahsoka, a couple RC scrubs, etc. (potentially retrieving with Gen Leia). The power bonus from the system and war room can easily give LS an extra +8 power. Then put on hold the tekka shuffle and just stack 4m.

3) You can try to clear DS from MPG too if it benefits you.

4) Play Projection Skywalker on MPG, or It's A Hit. Maybe run a Jyn for that.

This deck is by no means perfect and it's much better when it catches your opponent unaware. E.g. he sees Tekka with Rose (but you dont deploy Libertine yet). He stacks 4th marker, you do the shuffle to 4th marker as he expects, but you then deploy Libertine and she disappears into space. Then he plans his next move, does he spread to MPG? It's expensive to move and open to beatdowns with LS power bonuses.

Might be useful to float a speeder like Dash in R12 or Rogue 1 to maybe hold 4th marker, this allows an RC scrub on board like Poe to shift up to space during deploy to battle. And your move phase he comes back down to strengthen 4m.

Anyway just some food for thought.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

They don't have to "hold" all that. Just threaten enough to kill Lor.

Like, Epp Maul into MPG. Do you move lor oit to NR?

Return to “Deck Discussion”