Shadow Collective

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Shadow Collective

Post by arebelspy »

Death Star wrote:
Mando wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm
Anyone willing to post a rough deck list for this objective? I’ve made three different lists, but none of them look as strong as I think this deck should be.
I plan to do another episode of Jedi Training Academy about Shadow Collective as soon as Set 13 hits gemp. It was one of the decks I played the most during playtesting and will gladly show my latest playtesting version and my thinking behind it.
That's really neat and generous of you. Thanks!

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Bastion was one of the MVP's of playtesting all around IMO.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

Death Star wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 6:51 am
Mando wrote:
Anyone willing to post a rough deck list for this objective? I’ve made three different lists, but none of them look as strong as I think this deck should be.
I plan to do another episode of Jedi Training Academy about Shadow Collective as soon as Set 13 hits gemp. It was one of the decks I played the most during playtesting and will gladly show my latest playtesting version and my thinking behind it.
Wow! That is awesome! I am definitely looking forward to watching that. Thank you.

Embarrassing question: Where can I access the Jedi Training Academy?

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

On the SWCCGPC YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwzN9P ... bvCRfScS6Q) under the Gameplay Training heading.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

TacoBill wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 1:30 pm
On the SWCCGPC YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwzN9P ... bvCRfScS6Q) under the Gameplay Training heading.
Thanks! Looking forward to checking it out.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

Death Star wrote:
Mando wrote:
Just watched your video. It was excellent and I learned so much. It was very interesting to hear your thought process and how you put things together.
Thank you for your time and effort.

I have a couple questions:
-It seems like Sniper has a great deal of synergy in this deck (so many weapons and being able to flip objective in control phase). Why not play it?
-It seems like Point Man (v) would be great in this deck. You need to fire weapons to flip your objective. It also lets you drop a destiny to the bottom of reserve, activate to it, fire the gun and hit, and then recirculate to be able to draw destiny. What are your thoughts about adding it to the deck?

Death Star
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

Mando wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 5:17 pm
Death Star wrote:
Mando wrote:
Just watched your video. It was excellent and I learned so much. It was very interesting to hear your thought process and how you put things together.
Thank you for your time and effort.

I have a couple questions:
-It seems like Sniper has a great deal of synergy in this deck (so many weapons and being able to flip objective in control phase). Why not play it?
-It seems like Point Man (v) would be great in this deck. You need to fire weapons to flip your objective. It also lets you drop a destiny to the bottom of reserve, activate to it, fire the gun and hit, and then recirculate to be able to draw destiny. What are your thoughts about adding it to the deck?
Thanks.
Sure, adding any of these cards will not hurt the deck. As I said, I am sure this version is not the best version yet.

My highest destiny cards are used interrupts anyway though, so can be put back just by playing them. But if Keep Your Eyes Open-v gets played in more decks, might be good to add it. So far I dont because 1) WYS cant play Keep Your Eyes Open, 2) see above about the used interrupts and 3) if you opponent initiates, you get the first just action and can use Defensive Fire-v to fire a weapon even before KYEO is played.
Sniper/Dark Strike is low destiny and my destiny average is not great, so I prefer higher destiny battle interrupts. In situations where I can Sniper in control phase, I am most probably doing good anyway as I want to fight on my terms/turn. It could be helpful during a battle, especially one that an opponent initiates, but I decided against it for the above reasons.
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

DJJackson
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by DJJackson »

What is everyone's thoughts on running Hidden Weapons to take care of high ability Jedi that would normally be difficult to deal with blasters and it seems like there has been multiple suggestions of running Mandalorians.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

It is a good idea, but I expect to see an uptick in use of HMBHT v to stop HW and IHYN, since HITCO is tops.

Nutritious
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
GEMP Username: Nutritious

Post by Nutritious »

image.png
image.png (310.24 KiB) Viewed 559 times
image.png
image.png (310.24 KiB) Viewed 559 times
I don't remember seeing this covered in the video. I just don't get the purpose of this card. Destiny 3 lost that does 3 marginal things. The attrition reduction may save a guy in battle I guess if you draw high enough (the destinies in SC are pretty low in general though), plus there are only 5 different Crimson Dawn characters, so how often will it be useful? The Crimson download seems ok until you realize there are again only 5 targets for it, 2 of which can already be downloaded by the deck. Canceling a hologram I guess is most likely to hit Projection, but then you realize you're losing a force to add 1 to future force drains.

Is there something I'm missing that this is good for? I can't seem to find a reason to play this at all.
arebelspy wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 3:57 pm
It is a good idea, but I expect to see an uptick in use of HMBHT v to stop HW and IHYN, since HITCO is tops.
With it being the canceler for both Def Fire V and Hidden Weapons, seems like you could get away with packing both and maybe even grabbing HMBHTv.

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

Maybe it will see some play in a scum based deck where you couldn't as easily pull those crimson dawn characters?
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

bullet for Projection? EDIT: but proj doesn't work on all your First Light sites anyway
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Is there something I'm missing that this is good for? I can't seem to find a reason to play this at all.
It's a card that will only get more useful with time. There are only 5 targets, for now.

DJJackson
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by DJJackson »

I didn't see Imperial Artillery in the deck tech video, doesn't that seem like a perfect card for this deck with so many weapons. It also provides a 7 destiny.

Death Star
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

DJJackson wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I didn't see Imperial Artillery in the deck tech video, doesn't that seem like a perfect card for this deck with so many weapons. It also provides a 7 destiny.
You're dead makes Imperial Artillery a lost interrupt. Thats why you generally play only the one or the other.
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

seitaer

Post by seitaer »

About the only time Artillery and YBD worked in the same deck was pre-errata map.

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

Kinda also in CCT, right? Ping with it, then retrieve it with objective.

DJJackson
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by DJJackson »

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm a returning player that has only every played with paper, newer explored the V cards.

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: derek

Post by DerekChng »

QOv, Bossk with Mortar Gun (destiny +2), easy to capture dudes with Maul's -1 and +1, bonus is sorta works with Xizor Bounty too.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I was looking for fun ideas with this deck, good thread to find!

I noticed it didn't do hot at worlds, so just trying to make something cool that is different from what I usually do.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Return to “Deck Discussion”