Hunt Down V

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
beebopbananas
GEMP Username: Beebop

Hunt Down V

Post by beebopbananas »

What youll think so far?

Here are some of my random thoughts...

I really like the new inquisitors and there interactions with hatred cards.

Teleportation during the deploy phase is fun and useful.

Wish the new droid had a destiny mod when drawn like the sith droid..perhaps that would get out of hand.

Dont miss maul...yet.

Seem like the deck is missing a Vader persona that interacts with hatred cards. The inquisitors almost feel better then him.

Many hunting you now is good card with a good image. My knitpick is it looks too much like IAYF.

I feel like there is a lot of ground to cover, maybe worse then vanilla HD. However maybe thats the point.

Experimenting with double backs and indi ships to cover space.
Last edited by beebopbananas on November 10th, 2020, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-Always
B-Be
C-Cooking

Berm
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Re: Hunt Down V

Post by Berm »

beebopbananas wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 11:03 am
What youll think so far?

Here are some of my random thoughts...

I really like the new inquisitors and there interactions with hatred cards.

Teleportation during the deploy phase is fun and useful.

Wish the new droid had a destiny mod when drawn like the sith droid..perhaps that would get out of hand.

Dont miss maul...yet.

Seem like the deck is missing a Vader persona that intersects with hatred cards. The inquisitors almost feel better then him.

Many hunting you now is good card with a good image. My knitpick is it looks too much like IAYF.

I feel like there is a lot of ground to cover, maybe worse then vanilla HD. However maybe thats the point.

Experimenting with double backs and indi ships to cover space.
I think if you didn't run much space in Huntdown, you need EVEN less space in Huntdown V.

Vader with his saber will cancel force drain bonuses, so opponent is really only doing 1 (at best 2) damage in space at systems.

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Make sure you pack ways to deal with EBO using Luke in a speeder (don't rely on multiple BD) - those drain bonuses will get turned back on again.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Make sure you pack ways to deal with EBO using Luke in a speeder (don't rely on multiple BD) - those drain bonuses will get turned back on again.
I included A Day Long Remembered v in case of problems against that sort of thing. +2 to total helps as well of course. Against Wedge, having multiples is really nice but Evac Control v is a thing too.

Interesting is which 3rd effect to start. There Are Many Hunting You Now and I Am Your Father v are the first two and I added Wipe Them Out. First turn you should always be able to play a Vader or Inquisitor against decks that give you 1 icon. That 1 force from Wipe can be very handy for a Barrier or Stunning Leader, if opponent comes for you 1st turn. Then, you can play that hatred card or Sniper.

I just float The Dark Path v. Could be cool for a Watto or Twin Suns build if you dedicate to enough Inquisitors.

Some consider Imperial Enforcement but then you'd have to forgo the relocation droids and the Inquisitors have really good destiny anyway, flipped or not.
Last edited by FlorisV on November 14th, 2020, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

FlorisV wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Interesting is which 3rd effect to start. There Are Many Hunting You Now and I Am Your Father v are the first two and I Wipe Them Out. First turn you should always be able to play a Vader or Inquisitor against decks that give you 1 icon. That 1 force from Wipe can be very handy for a Barrier or Stunning Leader, if opponent comes for you 1st turn. Then, you can play that hatred card or Sniper.
Why not just play Security Precautions?

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

You can also get Dark Path online pretty easily.

Enforcement was a pretty good starting effect in playtesting if you play the Imperial build

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: jokerking

Post by Jedicon »

seitaer wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 6:19 pm
You can also get Dark Path online pretty easily.

Enforcement was a pretty good starting effect in playtesting if you play the Imperial build
Losing the ability to teleport around with the Probe Droids seems rough.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

If you play hit and run it isn't as much.

beebopbananas
GEMP Username: Beebop

Post by beebopbananas »

More random thoughs:

Learning that Menace Fades is a rough card for this deck. Hard to turn that off with your limited space. I wonder if a build running combat response would be functional.

Feels like Dark side is giving out too many icons too early.

Not sure if I like SSAv start, going to experiment with ATMD start. Giving away first turn sucks however that means light side is getting pinged turn one. Maybe emp foreseer is the persona to use as well since having cards in your lost pile is actually very useful.

New WYS seems to be a very tough matchup. Where as the OG versions of these decks were more evenly matched

It would be nice to be able to pull non battle ground cloud city sites via the objective.

Learning that playing agro with this deck isn't as rewarding as OG HD. Your opponent can simply midigate your damage and deploy to another battle ground. Probably one of the many you provided them.

Missing the force generation bonus from holotheater.
A-Always
B-Be
C-Cooking

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Mando wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 5:54 pm
FlorisV wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Interesting is which 3rd effect to start. There Are Many Hunting You Now and I Am Your Father v are the first two and I Wipe Them Out. First turn you should always be able to play a Vader or Inquisitor against decks that give you 1 icon. That 1 force from Wipe can be very handy for a Barrier or Stunning Leader, if opponent comes for you 1st turn. Then, you can play that hatred card or Sniper.
Why not just play Security Precautions?
Good one, forgot that Slip Sliding allows it.

Return to “Deck Discussion”