swccgddb.com

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
arebelspy

Re: swccgddb.com

Post by arebelspy »

Awesome, thanks JediJer!

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Yes, thanks to Preston and Jeremy for their help here! This is one of my top priorities (with gemp) in my new advocate role so this is going to happen :-D
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

RybackStun
GEMP Username: RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

Will there be a way to integrate Scomp Link with this when the PC makes their own DB? Because Scomp Link is SUPER helpful and if there was deckbuilding like the SW/GOT/Netrunner DBs that would be fantastic.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

RybackStun wrote:Will there be a way to integrate Scomp Link with this when the PC makes their own DB? Because Scomp Link is SUPER helpful and if there was deckbuilding like the SW/GOT/Netrunner DBs that would be fantastic.
I believe scomp Link access compatibility is on our priority list. It should function exactly as it does for other games. If there are other features players want, we will open a thread for suggestions once we get development underway.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Ideally, all the search functionality of scomplink access will be present in the deckbuilding database
RybackStun wrote:if there was deckbuilding like the SW/GOT/Netrunner DBs
It's EXACTLY like the swdestiny/got/netrunner dbs

CCG Collector

Post by CCG Collector »

PrestonS wrote:
JediJer wrote:If someone knows php and wants to help with a deck database project, please let me know and I'll get you information on what needs to be done to have a deck submission database.
(it would be based on this: http://swdestinydb.com/ - the code is all open source, it simply needs to have a few files modified for swccg. It's been used for NetRunner and GoT and probably a few other games as well, so it's very adaptable.)
Hey!

I'm a Netrunner player getting back into SW:CCG, and I was thinking the same thing. How great would it be to have a deckbuilder like netrunnerdb.com for swccg?

I'm a dev, so I took some time to see what I could get going in a day using Alsciende's open source codebase. I was able to get a basic clone of ThronesDB up and running:

https://swccgdb.com/

It will take more work to update the schema, populate the cards, and adapt the deckbuilder rules, but I wanted to at least get it out there and see if anyone would like to help out.

I'm really only interested in the classic Decipher sets, so I'm going to see if I can get those implemented first and go from there.

The repo is at https://github.com/PrestonStahley/swccgdb for anyone wants to take a look.
This is some great work, so thank you very much.

I was checking out the decks you have on the site, and I noticed a pair of LS and DS "Battle of Hoth" decks. Where did those come from? They're similar to something I was thinking of putting together myself, and I'm sure quite a bit better than anything I would have come up with.

Also, I noticed when messing around with the deck builder that you have a warning if the deck contains fewer than 60 cards, but not if it contains more. Unlike most other games, of course, Star Wars decks must be fixed at 60 cards due to using the deck as your life points, so it might be worth putting a warning if the user goes over the threshold as well.
Star Wars and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Amazing stuff. Nice work!

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

If and when v-cards are added, if a feature can be implemented where you export a txt of the deck and plop it into GEMP, this would be the best thing ever (just like thronesdb)

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

hanotsri wrote:If and when v-cards are added, if a feature can be implemented where you export a txt of the deck and plop it into GEMP, this would be the best thing ever (just like thronesdb)
adding vcards should just be a matter of creating the json files for each card

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

hanotsri wrote:If and when v-cards are added, if a feature can be implemented where you export a txt of the deck and plop it into GEMP, this would be the best thing ever (just like thronesdb)
This is on our list!
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
This is on our list!
Excellent!

scottkthompson
Starter
Starter

Post by scottkthompson »

This looks amazing. I could not be more excited for this. I miss the "decktech" days of reading decks on my lunch breaks. I really hope this project reaches he finish line. Good job to all those involved.

PrestonS
Starter
Starter

Post by PrestonS »

Thanks everyone!

swccgdb.com is now in public beta for anyone who wants to create an account and play around with the deck builder. Not everything has been adapted yet, and there are still plenty of bugs, but all non-virtual cards have been added and card browsing, deck building, comments and reviews should all be functional.

JediJer,

I basically just pulled SW-IP data into the DB JSON format and modified the schema and templates to get things working. Feel free to use whatever you need to build an official Player's Committee version. I'll probably continue to work on swccgdb.com in my limited spare time.

CCG Collector,

I've been working on some old school 'duel decks' designed to be extra thematic and balanced against each other. The Hoth decks were based on a old BoardGameGeek thread where someone else was working on the same idea. I started with their lists and made a few changes. I'm planning to post more themed duel decks in the future. :-D
Also, I noticed when messing around with the deck builder that you have a warning if the deck contains fewer than 60 cards, but not if it contains more. Unlike most other games, of course, Star Wars decks must be fixed at 60 cards due to using the deck as your life points, so it might be worth putting a warning if the user goes over the threshold as well.
Yeah, the decklist restriction rules still need more work. I'm also planning to implement requirements based on a deck's objective card.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Thanks Preston. I've already cloned the repos into the official PC github account, and I hope to have some free time in the next several weeks to hopefully get things implemented.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

JediJer wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Thanks Preston. I've already cloned the repos into the official PC github account, and I hope to have some free time in the next several weeks to hopefully get things implemented.
w00t! How come I didn't know this was underway, when I've talked so much about the netrunnerdb to people all the time. JJ, what can I do to make this happen???
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

aermet69 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:33 am
JediJer wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 4:43 pm
w00t! How come I didn't know this was underway, when I've talked so much about the netrunnerdb to people all the time. JJ, what can I do to make this happen???
PM me here or on slack! :-D
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

scottkthompson
Starter
Starter

Post by scottkthompson »

Is there an estimated timeline for when virtual cards will be added? I'm very excited to use this. I'm already familiar with the layout thanks to the other games that use this same code (Destiny, Netrunner, GoT, etc), so I'm excited to build some lists!

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

scottkthompson wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Is there an estimated timeline for when virtual cards will be added? I'm very excited to use this. I'm already familiar with the layout thanks to the other games that use this same code (Destiny, Netrunner, GoT, etc), so I'm excited to build some lists!
It's something that I (as someone who doesn't understand how it works from a technical perspective) always think is a bit closer than it really is. But we have a new volunteer working on it now, and I think we could always use more help if you or anyone reading this knows php, html, or any other languages and think you could help, please let me know.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”