swccgddb.com

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
dashmudtz

Re: swccgddb.com

Post by dashmudtz »

Sorry guys, turns out that starting your own business takes up a lot of time. I do still have the files, which could be used if anyone wants to have a framework for it, but as others have said, there would be no decklists from recent (as well as not recent) events at this point.

kryptofis wrote:Ghh g:o:o:o:cry::P:cry::o8-):o:o:o:roll::cry::o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::P:P:roll::cry::cry::cry::roll:[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]:roll::roll::x[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]:x[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]yyy r y

C g y
Hux
G. Giuuuh[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

dashmudtz wrote:Sorry guys, turns out that starting your own business takes up a lot of time. I do still have the files, which could be used if anyone wants to have a framework for it, but as others have said, there would be no decklists from recent (as well as not recent) events at this point.
The PC should host this, and give admin access to a select few.

It is 100x better than their decklist stuff.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Last time I heard, we need volunteers to type deck lists into Word from the scans we receive.

As it is we don't even get that reliably done for the main page.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Shadow 14 wrote:Last time I heard, we need volunteers to type deck lists into Word from the scans we receive.

Type into word? That's a really inefficient way to do it.

And the main page is bad, why would someone want to contribute to it?

If something like the ddb was put in place, which is much more useful, there would be a reason.

I feel like this should be a higher priority... there was a reason why decktech, about 15 years since being popular, was still used.

Having old decks available is handy. Having to dig through archives that may not exist for pdfs is less so.

I can see it not being worth the effort to make something from scratch, but the fact that the swccgddb already was created, and is awesome, it's like why not use that?

oh well.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Any other format than Word would probably also do.

Anyhow, Matt also shut the site down, because he ultimately had no time to do it all himself.
He also asked a couple of times for volunteers.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
Shadow 14 wrote:Last time I heard, we need volunteers to type deck lists into Word from the scans we receive.

And the main page is bad, why would someone want to contribute to it?

If something like the ddb was put in place, which is much more useful, there would be a reason.

I feel like this should be a higher priority... there was a reason why decktech, about 15 years since being popular, was still used.

Having old decks available is handy. Having to dig through archives that may not exist for pdfs is less so.

I can see it not being worth the effort to make something from scratch, but the fact that the swccgddb already was created, and is awesome, it's like why not use that?

oh well.
Because main page. Use it. Learn it. Love it. Forums bad. 1970s technology. Main page new 2010 technology. Must use it. Don't complain about it.

If you use it, GEMP will get an undo button.

Weyoun9846135
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

arebelspy wrote:

Well, do you have or know a better way to do it?
arebelspy wrote:And the main page is bad.
Disagree. Yet it could be updated more frequently imo.
arebelspy wrote:I can see it not being worth the effort to make something from scratch, but the fact that the swccgddb already was created, and is awesome, it's like why not use that?
That's one of the things we try to achieve in this thread: Reactivate swccgddb and ideally make it better. Would you be willing to contribute to the project or know someone who would?
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

they don't use word, just plain text. The format should be suitable to put into a ddb type module. As always we just need people willing to DO it.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Weyoun9846135 wrote: Well, do you have or know a better way to do it?
Yes. People can type them up and PM/email them to the TD. I had 3 people take advantage of this at Nats. I know a few took advantage at Worlds, and Endor when I ran those. Then it is simple copy and paste.

Also, there is Adobe OCR that can basically allow you to copy/paste the text from the PDF that is scanned. However, this would require people to write legibly, and not abbreviate with unknown acronyms to have a script run after to upload them to the site. Since this is essentially off the table before it begins (people will never write legible, acceptable acronym lists), we are left with option 1 or to constantly ask people to type them up.

Weyoun9846135
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

rhendon wrote:
Weyoun9846135 wrote: Well, do you have or know a better way to do it?
Yes. People can type them up and PM/email them to the TD. I had 3 people take advantage of this at Nats. I know a few took advantage at Worlds, and Endor when I ran those. Then it is simple copy and paste.

Also, there is Adobe OCR that can basically allow you to copy/paste the text from the PDF that is scanned. However, this would require people to write legibly, and not abbreviate with unknown acronyms to have a script run after to upload them to the site. Since this is essentially off the table before it begins (people will never write legible, acceptable acronym lists), we are left with option 1 or to constantly ask people to type them up.
Completely agree to both. Thus: Why not make electronically submitted decklists at the tournaments compulsory? This again obviously only will work if the decklist is submitted before the games (afterwards too many people won't bother anymore). Thus make that compulsory. Only way to avoid typing up manually afterwards imo.
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

The app that is being worked on will be the best solution I think.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

puck71 wrote:The app that is being worked on will be the best solution I think.
I assume all apps being worked on as not existing until they are given out to people to use for events.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

If someone knows php and wants to help with a deck database project, please let me know and I'll get you information on what needs to be done to have a deck submission database.
(it would be based on this: http://swdestinydb.com/ - the code is all open source, it simply needs to have a few files modified for swccg. It's been used for NetRunner and GoT and probably a few other games as well, so it's very adaptable.)

PrestonS
Starter
Starter

Post by PrestonS »

JediJer wrote:If someone knows php and wants to help with a deck database project, please let me know and I'll get you information on what needs to be done to have a deck submission database.
(it would be based on this: http://swdestinydb.com/ - the code is all open source, it simply needs to have a few files modified for swccg. It's been used for NetRunner and GoT and probably a few other games as well, so it's very adaptable.)
Hey!

I'm a Netrunner player getting back into SW:CCG, and I was thinking the same thing. How great would it be to have a deckbuilder like netrunnerdb.com for swccg?

I'm a dev, so I took some time to see what I could get going in a day using Alsciende's open source codebase. I was able to get a basic clone of ThronesDB up and running:

https://swccgdb.com/

It will take more work to update the schema, populate the cards, and adapt the deckbuilder rules, but I wanted to at least get it out there and see if anyone would like to help out.

I'm really only interested in the classic Decipher sets, so I'm going to see if I can get those implemented first and go from there.

The repo is at https://github.com/PrestonStahley/swccgdb for anyone wants to take a look.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

PrestonS wrote:
JediJer wrote:If someone knows php and wants to help with a deck database project, please let me know and I'll get you information on what needs to be done to have a deck submission database.
Hey!

I'm a Netrunner player getting back into SW:CCG, and I was thinking the same thing. How great would it be to have a deckbuilder like netrunnerdb.com for swccg?

I'm a dev, so I took some time to see what I could get going in a day using Alsciende's open source codebase. I was able to get a basic clone of ThronesDB up and running:

https://swccgdb.com/

It will take more work to update the schema, populate the cards, and adapt the deckbuilder rules, but I wanted to at least get it out there and see if anyone would like to help out.

I'm really only interested in the classic Decipher sets, so I'm going to see if I can get those implemented first and go from there.

The repo is at https://github.com/PrestonStahley/swccgdb for anyone wants to take a look.
Yes! I've been waiting for this!

arebelspy

Re: RE: Re: swccgddb.com

Post by arebelspy »

PrestonS wrote: I'm really only interested in the classic Decipher sets, so I'm going to see if I can get those implemented first and go from there.
If you don't see much interest, it's likely because of this. Just FYI. :)

(IIRC something like 70% of games played on Gemp are open format, e.g. including v cards.)

Neat project.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

arebelspy wrote:
PrestonS wrote: I'm really only interested in the classic Decipher sets, so I'm going to see if I can get those implemented first and go from there.

(IIRC something like 70% of games played on Gemp are open format, e.g. including v cards.)

Neat project.
100% agree.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

PrestonS
Starter
Starter

Post by PrestonS »

arebelspy wrote:

Neat project.
That's fair. I'd like to include virtual cards as well as a format option when building decks eventually. I'm just trying to limit the initial scope of the project since I have limited time to work on it.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Once we figure out the json schema, it will be easy to add all the cards, regardless of the set.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

PrestonS wrote:
arebelspy wrote:

Neat project.
That's fair. I'd like to include virtual cards as well as a format option when building decks eventually. I'm just trying to limit the initial scope of the project since I have limited time to work on it.
Preston, I took a look and it seems like you've got the basics up and running. I've cloned your source and will likely be setting things up on the PC website soon (probably in August when I have more time). I just wanted to say thank you for getting the groundwork laid, and hopefully we can get this up and fully operational soon.

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”