deck builder on Android

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
Hobbie
DS Region: Endor

Re: deck builder on Android

Post by Hobbie »

Can this get updated for set 4? :D

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I uploaded a new version, but I wasn't able to test it since I had to reload my test phone with the basic Android ROM that it came with, so now it's too old to run the app. Let me know if what's up there actually has the new cards in it.

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

It at least has the new objective! :Thumbs:
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

I still have the same issue that I've had since I got my Galaxy S6 -- the menu button at the top is invisible, and the card names are invisible. I can double tap on them and see the image, but I don't know what I'm double tapping on.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

Can this get updated for set 5?
--Nate Davis

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Updated for set 5 now.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

LtPage2 wrote:Updated for set 5 now.
Thanks for your work Matt! Have you had a chance to look at the bug I was getting on my Galaxy S6? I updated for Set 5 and the menu button in the top right is still invisible (but active), and the cards are invisible as well (but I can double tap on an invisible space and show the picture of the card).
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I really have little idea of what to try regarding that problem, but I'm actually looking around at stuff right now in order to try changing something and then having you see if it made a difference.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Oh, is the text invisible on both the "list of available" cards and the deck list? Or just one of them?

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I am uploading a separate APK for you to test things. Same location except the filename is Holodeck_quickdraw.apk. There is one copying up there now that changes the font color to see if that does anything different for you.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

It's happening on the list of available and deck list.

Can you link the Quickdraw file? I can't seem to find it by typing manually.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Nevermind, that looks like it worked. I can read everything now but the text in the middle appears smaller (and in red). But it is 100% functional, so thank you!
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I changed the text color to black. Previously it took the default (which should have been black), but now it's explicit. So try that and see if you can see it. If so, I will do the same thing to the deck list font color.

Yes, the rows are smaller as a side effect of what I did to set the font color. I actually like it better that way. Does it cause any problems?

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

LtPage2 wrote:I changed the text color to black. Previously it took the default (which should have been black), but now it's explicit. So try that and see if you can see it. If so, I will do the same thing to the deck list font color.

Yes, the rows are smaller as a side effect of what I did to set the font color. I actually like it better that way. Does it cause any problems?
It's all black now. I think the smaller font is good too.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Uploaded another change. Now the deck list has the explicit black font color as well.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

It's better than ever. Did you make those changes to the standard apk as well? Just wondering if I'll have to keep this specially made one.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

The changes are in the source, so next time I do a build, they will be there. So going forward you won't need a special version.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I posted a new version of this at the same link. This is version Beta 17.

The main thing I implemented was the ability to save large images that are downloaded -- so after you get a card image, it will then be loaded from local storage rather than having to use mobile data/wifi to get each time. All images are stored under /sdcard/Holodeck/starwars/. You can turn this feature off if you want (to save your storage for other things, etc.).

Also, the on/off menu options are now saved so you don't have to reconfigure each time you open the app.

When a CDF is loaded, the app will now first look in /sdcard/Holodeck for the appropriate file. If it is found there, the app will load that file. Otherwise, it will load the CDF that is bundled with the app. This feature is kind of an interim solution in lieu of automatically updating CDFs for the app. Whenever a new CDF is released for Holotable, anybody who is really wanting to get their Holodeck app updated quickly will be able to copy the CDFs from Holotable onto their phones so that the app will be updated. This is so such people won't have to wait on me to rebuild the app with the new file. One of the next things I want to do is to make the app smart enough to check for updates and then download them itself, but it's not there yet. Whenever I add that, this feature will stop being useful.

Also, the version number from the just-loaded CDF is displayed in a notification box.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

random thought, would it be feasible to just download all the images locally if we want?
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”