deck builder on Android

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Re: deck builder on Android

Post by LtPage2 »

Advocate wrote:random thought, would it be feasible to just download all the images locally if we want?
There is not a simple way to do this unless you want to double-tap on every card in the list. There was an issue (at least in my test environment) where the app will download GIF images from the website, but then it can't save them as GIFs. So I have it set to save as JPG instead. When the app looks for a locally-saved image (before going online), it is looking for JPGs. For someone sufficiently skilled, they could run a GIF->JPG conversion on all the large images from Holotable, then copy them all (maintaining the directory structure) onto their phone in the correct location. Then all their images would load locally and not need to get to the web.

I do plan on fixing this so that the app saves everything as GIFs, which would simplify the above process. It will also make it possible to detect when images have changed so that they can be redownloaded (sort of like what Holotable does now when errata cause images to change). Right now if you have an image saved to the phone and that image changes online, you will have to know that image changed, then go delete the stored copy of it on your phone so that it will download the new one. This is unwieldy, of course, but I don't intend to leave it that way.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Can you make it so the top right has a menu listed? I just click on the blank space, but technically nothing is there that makes me know theee is a menu.

By the way, I love this app.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I do not know why the menu graphic doesn't appear for some people. It shows up for me. This is probably something weird like what Matt C. had where on a certain phone, the text in the card lists was invisible. Then when I set the font color explicitly to black (which is the default color for text), all of a sudden it was visible for him.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Advocate wrote:Can you make it so the top right has a menu listed? I just click on the blank space, but technically nothing is there that makes me know theee is a menu.
So I did some reading. Does your phone have a physical menu button/key somewhere?
Advocate wrote:By the way, I love this app.
Thanks for that. I'm glad you love it.

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

I'll look.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Fwiw the menu button still doesn't show up for me, but the other text does.

Also I haven't upgraded yet, but I noticed the other day that when I double tap for an image, the image is relatively small and hard to read. It doesn't fill the screen. Is that by design?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Fwiw the menu button still doesn't show up for me, but the other text does.
Same question as for Advocate -- do you have a physical menu button on your phone? Or is your phone configured such that long-pressing one of your other buttons acts as a menu key? From what I am seeing, it looks like this may be something that the Android system is doing dynamically based on the capabilities of the phone. Also, what Android version are you using? I am using 4.4.2.
quickdraw3457 wrote:Also I haven't upgraded yet, but I noticed the other day that when I double tap for an image, the image is relatively small and hard to read. It doesn't fill the screen. Is that by design?
Well, what is your screen resolution? Mine is 720x1280 and the large images pretty well fill the width of the screen and are easy to read. But I realize my phone is ancient as far as tech goes (original Moto X). Sounds like I may need to add another scaling level. If you can post the resolution and also a screenshot that shows how large the images are for you, that would help.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Samsung Galaxy S6
Android 6.0.1
Not sure how to check my screen resolution

Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

I looked it up, your screen is exactly twice as wide and twice as tall as mine. So I need to redo how the images are scaled so they will be big enough on huge resolutions like that. Will probably have to experiment a bit because I'm guessing at some point the images will look bad/grainy if they are scaled up too much -- they are only 350x490 in their original size, so to mostly fill the width of your screen they will have to be scaled up 4x.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

LtPage2 wrote:I looked it up, your screen is exactly twice as wide and twice as tall as mine. So I need to redo how the images are scaled so they will be big enough on huge resolutions like that. Will probably have to experiment a bit because I'm guessing at some point the images will look bad/grainy if they are scaled up too much -- they are only 350x490 in their original size, so to mostly fill the width of your screen they will have to be scaled up 4x.
That's probably data concern too if they're too big, so I would say it probably doesn't have to fill the screen, just has to be big enough to read.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

I will look up my screen stuff when I can later. I use am htc10

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Android 7.0

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

TheBuzzSaw

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

quickdraw3457 wrote:That's probably data concern too if they're too big, so I would say it probably doesn't have to fill the screen, just has to be big enough to read.
Scaling doesn't consume more data. He just means he'll stretch the image to a bigger size on screen. The card images are 350x490; bigger versions are unavailable.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:That's probably data concern too if they're too big, so I would say it probably doesn't have to fill the screen, just has to be big enough to read.
Scaling doesn't consume more data. He just means he'll stretch the image to a bigger size on screen. The card images are 350x490; bigger versions are unavailable.
Good to know! I just assumed the image would be larger size.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Updated the APK again, the way scaling is done is changed. Now it is basically trying to fill the width of the screen. Try it out and see if it looks terrible and needs to be toned down.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Fits the width of the screen perfectly and looks great.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Fantastic.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

so I just randomly put it on my daughters kindle and it looks awesome. Never saw the menu dots before :).
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

Downloaded this and got it working on my Nexus 6P running Android 7.0

This is going to be useful.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Advocate wrote:so I just randomly put it on my daughters kindle and it looks awesome. Never saw the menu dots before :).
I really hope I can get this to work on my amazon fire. Will try tonight.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”