SW-IP

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Re: RE: Re: SW-IP

Post by puck71 »

Advocate wrote:
puck71 wrote:
Advocate wrote:Is it possible to make a filter that allows you to ignore virtual cards? In the past you could say:

Filter NOT card name contains (V

But now with name changes, you can't filter as well. In addition, you just can't say Filter contains NOT Expansion, because the expansion drop down only does = and doesn't give you the option to drop down 'contains', because then you could say Filter NOT contains virtual and it would remove the virtual expansions.
The quickest way would be to do
NOT Expansion = Virtual Set #0 AND (you'll have to type this one manually)
NOT Expansion = Virtual Set #1 AND
etc through Set 8
NOT Expansion = Demonstration Deck Premium Card Set AND (you'll have to type this one manually)
NOT Expansion = Virtual Defensive Shields (you'll have to type this one manually)

swip1.PNG
You could also do all the Decipher expansions and use OR for each one. It's more clicks but no manual typing. Both gave me 2517 cards - hope that's right!

swip2.PNG
Ill try that. Thanks! Can we save filters?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Not that I know of.

John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

RavingLuhn
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: RavingLuhn

Re: SW-IP

Post by RavingLuhn »

Is it possible to export the database from SW-IP into a .csv file?

puck71

Post by puck71 »

RavingLuhn wrote:Is it possible to export the database from SW-IP into a .csv file?
I believe so. It's in sqlite 1.1 format if that helps.
John Anderson

RavingLuhn
Starter
Starter

Post by RavingLuhn »

puck71 wrote:
RavingLuhn wrote:Is it possible to export the database from SW-IP into a .csv file?
It is a database file, but I can't open it since it's encrypted with a password.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

RavingLuhn wrote:
puck71 wrote:
It is a database file, but I can't open it since it's encrypted with a password.
It's not password protected. You just need a SQLITE 1.1 database client
Tom M. - Maple Grove, Minnesota

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Sorry - actually SQLite 2:

Here is the PC version:

Mac version:

puck71

Post by puck71 »

Thanks for the correction - the client I use is sqlitebrowser 1.1 so I thought that corresponded to the sqlite version.
John Anderson

RavingLuhn
Starter
Starter

Post by RavingLuhn »

That did it! I've got my export now. Thanks! :-D

ks0385
Starter
Starter

Post by ks0385 »

Is there any way I can help to add the set 9 and 10 cards?

al-f
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: al

Post by al-f »

Is there any way we could get a csv dump of the latest version? : )

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

EDIT: Don't use these instructions:

Hey guys - sorry I haven't sent out instructions. Just absolutely buried in other things. Here's an excerpt from the instructions that I have for updating Scomp Link Access which includes some information for dumping the SW-IP database to a CSV. Once you do that, then it's just a matter of updating the CSV and then re-importing the database back into sqlite.

Hopefully someone with more time than me will be able to take these instructions and make a better doc with more verbose info

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10xC ... sp=sharing
Last edited by hyvee_doughboy on February 28th, 2019, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:Hey guys - sorry I haven't sent out instructions. Just absolutely buried in other things. Here's an excerpt from the instructions that I have for updating Scomp Link Access which includes some information for dumping the SW-IP database to a CSV. Once you do that, then it's just a matter of updating the CSV and then re-importing the database back into sqlite.

Hopefully someone with more time than me will be able to take these instructions and make a better doc with more verbose info

I can't find where on the forums the latest swip database is. Do you know? If so I could take a look at things, but the latest swip database I have is a few sets old at this point.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Throdo wrote:
hyvee_doughboy wrote:Hey guys - sorry I haven't sent out instructions. Just absolutely buried in other things. Here's an excerpt from the instructions that I have for updating Scomp Link Access which includes some information for dumping the SW-IP database to a CSV. Once you do that, then it's just a matter of updating the CSV and then re-importing the database back into sqlite.

I can't find where on the forums the latest swip database is. Do you know? If so I could take a look at things, but the latest swip database I have is a few sets old at this point.
Ok I guess I thought set 9 was done but now when rereading this thread I see it probably wasn't. I'll check it out when I get some time and see what I can do.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

You said this was an excerpt from the instructions you have... Can I get the full instructions?

Also, if I go and do this for sets 9 and 10, is there anything I need to make sure to do to make sure the information I am putting in lines up with what is already in Scomp Link Access? Like, SLA already has pics from the new set, but this stuff is missing. Is it done by id number or CardName from the CSV?

Maybe I should just leave this up to people who have more experience than me with this sort of thing. Its just that I like to use Scomp Link Access and want its functionality to be as good as it can be.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Throdo wrote: You said this was an excerpt from the instructions you have... Can I get the full instructions?
EDIT: Don't use these instructions
Here are the full instructions for updating Scomp Link Access. Unfortunately, most of that information isn't helpful for anything with SWIP:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zuX ... sp=sharing

Throdo wrote: Also, if I go and do this for sets 9 and 10, is there anything I need to make sure to do to make sure the information I am putting in lines up with what is already in Scomp Link Access? Like, SLA already has pics from the new set, but this stuff is missing. Is it done by id number or CardName from the CSV?
Regarding Set 9/10, you don't need to worry about lining up with SLA. As long as you follow the conventions in the existing SWIP database, it'll be fine (SLA doesn't use card number, but it does rely on the Card Names being the same).
Throdo wrote: Maybe I should just leave this up to people who have more experience than me with this sort of thing. Its just that I like to use Scomp Link Access and want its functionality to be as good as it can be.
ha ha. That's fine too. If anyone else is feeling ambitious and wants to take this on, please speak up. I'm just on overload with projects and this is one of my lower priorities at the moment.
Last edited by hyvee_doughboy on February 28th, 2019, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ks0385
Starter
Starter

Post by ks0385 »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:
ha ha. That's fine too. If anyone else is feeling ambitious and wants to take this on, please speak up. I'm just on overload with projects and this is one of my lower priorities at the moment.
I really want to try to do this. I get this far, and it seems like I can add new cards but I don't know/understand where the game text input is.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

ks0385 wrote:
hyvee_doughboy wrote:
I really want to try to do this. I get this far, and it seems like I can add new cards but I don't know/understand where the game text input is.

Edit: Don't use these instructions. See my later post
Thanks for working on this! That file is just a huge comma-separated list. I think the best way to work on these is to:
1. Find a card of the same type that you are adding
2. Copy the similar line
3. Paste it at the bottom
4. Increment the ID
5. Field-by-field overwrite the old data with the new card info

Good luck!
Last edited by hyvee_doughboy on February 28th, 2019, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ks0385
Starter
Starter

Post by ks0385 »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:
Thanks for working on this! That file is just a huge comma-separated list. I think the best way to work on these is to:
1. Find a card of the same type that you are adding
2. Copy the similar line
3. Paste it at the bottom
4. Increment the ID
5. Field-by-field overwrite the old data with the new card info

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply!

I should definitely be able to do that. But I'm not sure where the "Game Text" field is or like where do I put the destiny number, deploy cost, forfeit, etc.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

I'll respond with some in-depth instructions tonight. I think you used one of the "dump" commands that I had in the Scomp Link Access instructions. Don't use those :) That was what I use to just dump a subset of all of the data.

EDIT: don't use these instructions
You'll need to dump all of the fields (select *) instead of "select X, Y, Z". That'll give you everything you need.

Anyway, stay tuned, I'll try to get instructions tonight.
Last edited by hyvee_doughboy on February 28th, 2019, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ks0385
Starter
Starter

Post by ks0385 »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:I'll respond with some in-depth instructions tonight. I think you used one of the "dump" commands that I had in the Scomp Link Access instructions. Don't use those :) That was what I use to just dump a subset of all of the data. You'll need to dump all of the fields (select *) instead of "select X, Y, Z". That'll give you everything you need.

Anyway, stay tuned, I'll try to get instructions tonight.
Thank you. Really appreciate the help. SW-IP is super convenient for me to create decks with.

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”