Star Wars CCG Abbreviation Glossary (version 2)

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
lsrubin
DS Region: Yavin 4
GEMP Username: lsrubin

Star Wars CCG Abbreviation Glossary (version 2)

Post by lsrubin »

We all know that Star Wars is an 'alphabet soup' of crazy letters and words that can be daunting for those who don't know what they mean. Here, then, is a glossary of these terms and their meanings. This is by no means comprehensive, and I would love it if everyone would post if something is missed.

•12-card: A deck using the starting interrupts Don't Tread On Me (V) for Light Side, or Surface Defense (V) for Dark Side, to start the game with a 12-card hand
•2/2 and 3/2: For both sides, the locations Naboo: Theed Palace Genrator and Naboo: Theed Palace Generator Core, from Reflections III

•AAA or Ability x3 (and v): Ability, Ability, Ability, Dark Side Effect from Cloud City, virtualized in Set 0
•Accelerate: Although there is a card called Accelerate, this usually refers to We Must Accelerate Our Plans, Dark Side Interrupt from Coruscant
•ADLR (and v): A Day Long Remembered, Dark Side Effect from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 0
•AFA (and v): Anger, Fear, Aggression, Light Side Effect from Dagobah, virtualized in Set 0
•AI: Alternate Image. Some cards from Tatooine, Coruscant, and Theed have an alternate image version. Alternate image cards have a gold ring around the set icon. They are typically worth more than their regular-image counterparts, but they have no effect on gameplay.
•AitC: Agents In The Court, Light Side Objective from Jabba’s Palace Sealed Deck
•AJR: A Jedi’s Resilience, Light Side Interrupt from Tatooine
•Angry Chewie: Chewie, Enraged, Light Side Character from Reflections III
•ANH: A New Hope (Star Wars Episode IV), or the set of the same name
•ANSB (and v): A New Secret Base, Light Side Effect from Third Anthology, virtualized in Set 1
•AntMan (and v): Antilles Maneuver, Light Side Interrupt from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 0
•AO: Short for the card type Admiral’s Order
•AoBS: Agents Of Black Sun, Dark Side Objective from Reflections II
•AotC: Attack Of the Clones (Star Wars Episode II)
•AR: Advanced Rulebook, Comprehensive rules document released by the PC. Contains current rulings, errata, and rules and examples for nearly every mechanic in the game.
•ADTFTR (and v): A Dark Time For The Rebellion, Dark Side Interrupt from Hoth, virtualized in Set 1
•ASM: A Stunning Move, Dark Side Objective from Set 11
•ATMD: According To My Design, Dark Side Interrupt from Set 1
•AUAOF: An Unusual Amount of Fear, Light Side Effect from Reflections III

•BD: Abbreviation for the game term “battle destiny”
•Beats, or Beatdown: a battle that results in one side taking a large amount of battle damage, often enough to end the game; OR a deck designed to cause these types of battles
•BH: Bounty Hunter, a characteristic
•BHBM: Bring Him Before Me, Dark Side Objective from Death Star II
•Boba Fett, BH; BFBH; or Broken Fett: Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, Dark Side Character from Reflections III
•Bookering: Losing force to overflow in a battle rather than forfeiting a character in order to keep that character on the table
•Bossk in Bus: Bossk in Hound’s Tooth, Dark Side Starship from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 0
•Broken: A card, deck, or strategy that is way too good, usually in a way that is unanticipated by the designers. They frequently receive errata (e.g., Asteroid Sanctuary, Numbers, Revolution, operatives).
•BSF: Black Sun Fleet, Dark Side Admiral's Order from Reflections II
•Bullet: A card that cancels another specific card (e.g., Cease Fire is a bullet for Blaster Proficiency)

•CC: Cloud City. Can refer to the set or to locations there; or Coruscant Celebration, Light Side Effect from Special Edition
•Chicken Walker: AT-STs, Dark Side combat vehicles
•CCT: Carbon Chamber Testing, Dark Side objective from Special Edition
•Choke Vader: Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith, Dark Side Character from Special Edition
•CHYBC or Coward: Come Here You Big Coward, Dark Side Defensive Shield from Reflections III, also a Dark Side Effect from Special Edition
•Combat: Refers to the lightsaber combat objectives from Reflections III: We'll Handle This for Light, and Let Them Make The First Move for Dark.
•Commie Luke: Commander Luke Skywalker, Light Side Character from Hoth, virtualized in Set 0
•Counter: Similar to to bullet, but more broad. Counter cards generally render larger strategies or decktypes ineffective. ("It's A Hit! is a *bullet* for Limited Resources, but Honor Of The Jedi is a *counter* to Limited Resources.")
•CPI: Commence Primary Ignition, Dark Side Epic Event from A New Hope
•CPv: Careful Planning (virtual), Light Side Starting Interrupt from Set 0
•CRv: Combat Readiness (virtual), Dark Side Starting Interrupt from Set 0
•CTV: Control & Tunnel Vision, Light Side Combo Interrupt from Reflections II

•D*: Death Star
•Dark Time: See ADTFTR
•DB: Docking Bay
•DBO: Dantooine Base Operations, Light Side Objective from Special Edition
•DMTA or Diplo: Diplomatic Mission To Alderaan, Light Side Objective from Set 3
•DNOFB: "Delete Now Or Face Ban," a phrase used quite often here on the PC forums, sometimes jokingly
•DODN: Do or Do Not, Light Side Effect from Dagobah and Defensive Shield from Reflections III
•DoS: Daughter Of Skywalker, Light Side Character from Endor, virtualized in Set 0
•Download: A card or effect that lets you deploy a card directly from your deck to the table. Symbolized on cards by the \/ symbol.
•Dr. E: Dr. Evazan, Dark Side Character from Premiere
•Dr. E & PB: Dr. Evazan & Ponda Baba, Dark Side Character from Reflections II
•DS: Dark Side OR Death Star
•DSII/DS2: Death Star 2. Refers either to the Dark Side Location or the expansion of the same name.
•DVDLOTS: Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, Character from Special Edition (see Choke Vader)

•E1 or Ep 1: Episode I, usually used in reference to cards with the Episode I icon
•E7 or Ep 7: Episode VII, usually used in reference to cards with the Episode VII icon
•EBG: Echo Base Garrison, Light Side Effect from Third Anthology
•EBO: Echo Base Operations, Light Side Effect from Hoth; or a deck built around that effect
•EBOX: Echo Base Operations deck with a focus on X-wings in space.
•ECC: Enhanced Cloud City, a Decipher boutique product in slip cases
•EIE: Evil Is Everywhere, Dark Side Effect from Set 12
•EJP: Enhanced Jabba’s Palace, a Decipher boutique product in slip cases
•Entanglements: Imperial Entanglements, Dark Side Objective from Set 1
•EOps: Endor Operations, Dark Side Objective from Endor
•EPP: Literally “Enhanced Premiere Pack,” a product produced by Decipher, but functionally refers to any character with a permanent weapon.
•Errata: Literally "errors" in Latin; corrected or edited card text issued by the developers
•ESB: Depending on context, refers either to The Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars Episode V) or to Establish Secret Base, Dark Side Effect from Endor, virtualized in Set 7

•Farmboy Luke: Luke Skywalker, Light Side Character from Premiere, virtualized in Set 0
•FIMA: Fear Is My Ally, Dark Side Starting Effect from Reflections III
•Flash: Showing one half of a ship/pilot pair to download the other half with cards such as Combat Response and Squadron Assignments. Also can refer to Flash of Insight, Light Side Effect from Dagobah.
•Flip Falcon: The Falcon, Junkyard Garbage, Light Side double-sided starship/vehicle from Set 4 -- the first double-sided non-Objective card.
•FO: First Order, a type of character and starship, first introduced in Set 4.
•FTL: For the loss
•FTW: For the win
•Free Executor Effect: They Must Never Again Leave This City, Dark Side Effect from Reflections 3

•Generic: Refers to cards with the <> icon, usually sites, such as <>Farm, <>Jungle, etc.
•GG: “Good Game,” said after games as a show of sportsmanship. Also used to describe a situation that cost someone the game. Example: “Once he was able to hold the site, it was pretty much GG.”
•GLHF: "Good luck; have fun," said before games (especially online) as a show of sportsmanship.
•GLiG1: Gold Leader in Gold 1, Light Side Starship from the Rebel Leaders Promo Pack, virtualized in Set 0
•GMT (and v): Grand Moff Tarkin, Dark Side Character from Premiere, virtualized in Set 0
•GoG: Graveyard Of Giants, Light Side Effect from Set 4.
•Grabber: Cards (generally Effects or Defensive Shields) that ‘grab’ an opponent’s interrupt and stack it on the card.

•HB: Hidden Base, Light Side Objective from Special Edition
•HCF: Han, Chewie & the Falcon, Light Side Starship from Reflections III
•HD, HDADTJ or Hunt Down: Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi, Dark Side Objective from Special Edition
•Helper: The opposite of a counter. A card meant to strengthen or aid a specific strategy or Objective.
•HFTMF: Heading for the Medical Frigate, Light Side Interrupt from Death Star II
•HITCO: He Is The Chosen One, Light Side Objective from Set 8
•HMBHT (and v): Hear Me Baby, Hold Together, Light Side Interrupt from Premiere, virtualized in Set 1
•HotJ or Honor: Honor of the Jedi, Light Side Effect from Death Star II
•Hyperdrive: The Hyperdrive Generator’s Gone, Light Side Objective from Coruscant
•Hyperdiplo: a Diplomatic Mission To Alderaan deck that uses multiples of Spaceport Speeders and How Did We Get Into This Mess

•IAO/ IAO & SP: Imperial Arrest Order, Dark Side Effect from Endor; or Imperial Arrest Order & Secret Plans, Dark Side Effect from Coruscant
•IAYF (and v): I Am Your Father, Dark Side Effect from Cloud City, virtualized in Set 5
•ICSD or ISD: Imperial-Class Star Destroyer, Dark Side Starship from Premiere
•ICSH (and v): I Can't Shake Him!, Dark Side Interrupt from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 0
•IE: Imperial Entanglements, Dark Side Objective from Set 1
•IFYLOFD (and v): I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing, Dark Side Effect from Premiere, virtualized as a Defensive Shield in Set 0
•IG or Iggy: IG-88, Dark Side Character from Dagobah, virtualized in Set 0; or the EPP version of the character from Enhanced Cloud City
•IH or Hand: Invisible Hand, Dark Side Starship from Set 11, and its related starship sites, also from Set 11
•IHYN: I Have You Now, Dark Side Interrupt from Premiere
•IMBATS (and v): I Must Be Allowed To Speak, Light Side Effect from Jabba's Palace, virtualized in Set 0
•Insert: Refers to cards that are inserted in your opponent’s reserve deck (see Numbers)
•Int: Interrupt
•IOTDL or Image (and v): Image Of The Dark Lord, Dark Side Effect from Hoth, virtualized in Set 0
•ISB: ISB Operations, Dark Side objective from Special Edition; or Imperial Security Bureau, from which the name comes.
•ISB Agent: Any character that fulfills the requirements found on the ISB Operations objective

•JCC: Coruscant: Jedi Council Chamber, Light Side Location from Coruscant
•JP: Jabba’s Palace. Can refer to the set or locations there.
•JPSD: Jabba’s Palace Sealed Deck, a Decipher boutique product that allowed for immediate sealed deck play. Contained a pack of premium cards as well as packs of Jabba’s Palace

•KD/K&D (and v): Knowledge and Defense, Dark Side Effect from Dagobah, virtualized in Set 0
•KDY (and v): Kuat Drive Yards, Dark Side Effect from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 0
•KFC: Kal Falnl C'ndros, Light Side Character from Premiere
•Kitty Pryde: Allegiant General Pryde, Dark Side Character from Set 12
•Kylo Effect: See Map Effect

•Leia RP: Leia, Rebel Princes, Light Side Character from Reflections III
•Legend: The Galaxy May Need A Legend, Light Side Objective from Set 11
•LMFBM: Like My Father Before Me, Light Side Effect from Set 2 (see Super Luke)
•LS: Light Side, or Lightsaber
•LSC: Lightsaber Combat (see Combat)
•LSJK: Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, Light Side Character from Death Star II
•LSRS (and v): Luke Skywalker, Rebel Scout, Light Side Character from Reflections II, virtualized in Set 0
•Luke TLJ/Old Man Luke: Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi, Light Side Character from Set 10

•Mains: A term for main characters from the Star Wars saga.
•Map: I Want That Map, Dark Side Objective from Set 8
•Map Effect: I Will Finish What You Started, Dark Side Effect from Set 8
•Math Vader: Darth Vader, Dark Side Character from Premiere
•McNulty: Jerus Jannick, Light Side Character from Theed Palace. In Episode I, the character was portrayed by Dominic West, who later went on to star as Detective Jimmy McNulty in The Wire.
•MBO: Massassi Base Operations, Light Side Objective from Third Anthology
•Mess: Depending on context, refers to either Sorry About The Mess, Light Side Interrupt from A New Hope, part of a combo card in Reflections II; or How Did We Get Into This Mess?, Light Side Interrupt from Premiere
•Meta: A shortening of the term ‘metagame,’ it has 2 definitions: As a noun, it refers to what decks people expect to do well in a certain tournament or time period. (“Right now, the meta has lots of Hunt Down and Lightsaber Combat.”) As a verb, it refers to building one’s deck to be favorable against the top decks in the meta. (“I am going to meta against Hunt Down with my deck.”)
•Mitt/Mitth'raw'n/Thrawn Haid: Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Dark Side Character from Set 11. (That last nickname has something to do with the card image...)
•MKOS: My Kind of Scum, Dark Side Objective from Jabba’s Palace Sealed Deck
•MM (and combo): Masterful Move, Dark Side Interrupt from Special Edition, and part of a Combo Interrupt from Coruscant
•Mob Points (and combo): Mobilization Points, Dark Side Effect from Death Star II, and part of a Combo Effect from Coruscant
•MPC: Match Play Championship, an annual high-level tournament using the match play format.
•MWYHL: Mind What You Have Learned, Light Side Objective from Special Edition

•Naked 3PO: Threepio With His Parts Showing, Light Side Character from Tatooine.
•NARPs: New and Returning Players. Maybe that's you! Welcome (back)!
•NPE: Negative Playing Experience. Generally, a deck or strategy that is annoying or not fun to play against.
•Numbers: Refers to the cards Never Tell Me The Odds and 3,720 to 1, Light and Dark Effects from Dagobah that were inserted into an opponent’s deck. Generally considered one of the worst NPEs in the game’s history.

•OA: Old Allies/We Need Your Help, Light Side Objective from Set 4.
•Obi-Wan JK: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight, Light Side Character from Reflections III
•OMDH: Our Most Desperate Hour, Light Side Utinni Effect from Premiere
•OOC: Out Of Commission, Light Side Interrupt from A New Hope
•OOC/TT: Out Of Commission & Transmission Terminated, Light Side Combo Interrupt from Reflections II
•OOP: Out of play
•OTE: On the Edge, Light Side Interrupt from Premiere; or Off the Edge, Light Side Interrupt from Cloud City; or Order to Engage, Light Side Effect from Dagobah
•OTSD: Official Tournament Sealed Deck, a Decipher boutique product that allowed for immediate sealed deck play. Contained a pack of premium cards as well as packs of unlimited Premiere and A New Hope
•OWIR7- Obi-Wan in Radiant VII, Light Side Starship from Set 0

•Ping: Direct damage, cards that cause direct force loss to your opponent, usually 1 force. Examples are Visage of the Emperor and Search and Destroy.
•POOP: Place out of play
•Profit: You Can Either Profit from This, Light Side Objective from Enhanced Jabba’s Palace
•Projection: Depending on context, refers to either Projection Of A Skywalker, Light Side Effect from Jabba's Palace; or Force Projection, Light Side Interrupt from Set 11
•Pull: To remove a card from your reserve deck via uploading or downloading.

•QFT: Quoted for truth
•QMC: Quiet Mining Colony, Light Side Objective from Enhanced Cloud City
•Quads: Refers to a deck using Quad Laser Cannons in conjunction with Corellian Engineering Corporation, usually with Corellian Corvettes.
•QO (and v): Quietly Observing, Dark Side Effect from Tatooine, virtualized in Set 12

•RABOH: Rebellions Are Built On Hope, Light Side Effect from Set 7
•ROps/RalOps: Ralltiir Operations, Dark Side Objective from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 10
•RotJ: Return of the Jedi (Star Wars Episode VI)
•RotS: Revenge of the Sith (Star Wars Episode III)
•RP: Rendezvous Point, Light Side Location from Special Edition
•RPS: Rock/Paper/Scissors, used to describe a state of the metagame wherein the matchup between decks heavily influences the outcome of the games.
•RST: Rebel Strike Team, Light Side Objective from Endor
•RTP: Rescue the Princess, Light Side Objective from Special Edition

•SAC: Refers collectively to the cards Sense, Alter and Control, interrupts from both sides of the force that cancel Effects, Interrupts, and each other in various combinations.
•SATM (and combo): Sorry About the Mess, Light Side Interrupt from A New Hope, and part of a combo interrupt in Reflections II
•Screaming Lando: Lando Calrissian, Scoundrel, Light Side Character from Reflections III
•SecPrec: Security Precautions, Dark Side Effect from Endor, virtualized in Set 7
•Seeking (and v): Seeking An Audience, Light Side Effect from Jabba's Palace Sealed Deck, virtualized in Set 1
•Senate: Coruscant: Galactic Senate, Location from Coruscant; or decks using objectives Plead My Case to the Senate for Light Side and My Lord, Is That Legal? for Dark Side, both from Coruscant
•SFS: Depending on context, refers to either Sienar Fleet Systems, Dark Side Effect from Special Edition; or Set for Stun, Dark Side Interrupt from Premiere and part of a Combo Interrupt from Reflections II
•Shadows: Shadows Of The Empire, Dark Side Effect from Set 9
•SKB: Starkiller Base, Dark Side Location from Set 8, and related sites
•SoS: Son of Skywalker, Light Side Character from Dagobah; or Strength of Schedule, a means of determining standings in a tournament
•Space Vader: Darth Vader (V), Dark Side Character from Premiere, virtualized in Set 0 (only the virtual version is known as Space Vader; the non-virtual is Math Vader) (see Math Vader)
•Speak: Depending on context, refers to either I Must Be Allowed To Speak, Light Side Effect from Jabba's Palace, virtualized in Set 0; or Speak With The Jedi Council, Light Side Interrupt from Coruscant
•Speeders: Light Side snowspeeder and sandspeeder combat vehicles
•Splashable: a card or group of cards that can go into a wide variety of decks without needing a lot of support cards devoted to it. E.g., "2x Han, Chewie And The Falcon is a splashable Light Side space package."
•Spy breaker or spy buster: A card that counters Undercover spies, such as Corran Horn, Dorme, Ysanne Isard, or Probot
•Squabble: Squabbling Delegates, Dark Side Interrupt from Coruscant
•Squassin or SquadAss: Squadron Assignments, Light Side Effect from Death Star II
•SSA (and v): Slip Sliding Away, Dark Side Interrupt from Cloud City. virtualized in Set 12
•Super Luke: A deck with Like My Father Before Me and 3-5 copies of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (and often including other helpers like Luke's Bionic Hand)
•SYAK: See You Around, Kid, Light Side Interrupt from Set 11
•SYCFA: Set Your Course For Alderaan, Dark Side Objective from Third Anthology

•Tank: Bacta Tank, Light Side Effect from Hoth; or an AAT, Dark Side combat vehicles from Theed; or "going into the tank," referring to a situation situation where one player needs to take some time to think •TDIGWATT: This Deal Is Getting Worse All The Time, Dark Side Objective from Enhanced Cloud City
•Ten Men: Make Ten Men Feel Like A Hundred, Light Side Effect from Set 11
•TFA: The Force Awakens (Star Wars Episode VII)
•TFISWTO (and v): The Force Is Strong With This One, Light Side Interrupt from Premiere, virtualized in Set 3
•THGG: The Hyperdrive Generator's Gone, Light Side Objective from Coruscant
•Threepio WHPS: Threepio With His Parts Showing, Light Side character from Tatooine
•TIGIH: There Is Good in Him, Light Side Objective from Death Star II
•TINT: There Is No Try, Dark Side Effect from Dagobah and Defensive Shield from Reflections III
•TLJ: The Last Jedi (Star Wars Episode VIII)
•TMNALTC: They Must Never Again Leave This City, Dark Side Effect from Reflections III
•Toys: Weapons used by main characters, especially lightsabers.
•TPM: The Phantom Menace, Dark Side Effect from Coruscant OR Star Wars Episode I
•Trench: Depending on context, refers to either Death Star: Trench, Light Side Location from A New Hope; or Admiral Trench, Dark Side Character from Set 12
•TRM: Throne Room Mains, a Light Side deck type that starts Yavin IV: Throne Room
•TROS: The Rise of Skywalker (Star Wars Episode IX)
•TRV: Throne Room Villains, a Dark Side deck that start Death Star II: Throne Room (usually with According To My Design)
•TSID (and v): The Shield Is Down!, Light Side Effect from Tatooine, virtualized in Set 3
•TTO: That Thing’s Operational, Dark Side Epic Event from Death Star II, or a deck built around that Epic Event
•TTU: They're Tracking Us, Light Side Interrupt from Special Edition, virtualized in Set 7
•Twix: A location with two icons for one side of the Force and none for the other -- "Two for me, none for you."

•UC spy: Undercover spy, usually with the designation built in (e.g. U-3PO, Arica, Boushh, TK-422), but occasionally from the Undercover effect from A New Hope
•Upkeep: Another term for maintenance cost.
•Upload: A card or effect that lets you take a card from your deck into hand. Symbolized on cards by the /\ symbol.

•(Card name) v: The virtual version of that card
•Visage: Although there is a card called Visage, this usually refers to Visage Of The Emperor, Dark Side Effect from Dagobah

•Walkers: Dark Side AT-AT combat vehicles
•Wayne Brady: (See Choke Vader)
•WCDWH: What Chance Do We Have?, Light Side Effect from Set 6
•WHAP: We Have A Plan, Light Side Objective from Theed
•WIAPN: We're In Attack Position Now, Dark Side Admiral's Order from Death Star II
•(character) With Gun: Refers to an EPP character with a blaster
•(character) With Stick: Refers to an EPP character with a lightsaber
•WMAOP: We Must Accelerate Our Plans, Dark Side Interrupt from Coruscant
•WYS: Watch Your Step, Light Side Objective from Reflections II

•XP: Xizor’s Palace, Dark Side Locations from Set 3

•Y4Ops or YOps: Yavin 4 Base Operations, Light Side Objective from Set 8
•YCHF: You Cannot Hide Forever, Dark Side Effect from Death Star II, also part of a combo card from Coruscant, and made a Defensive Shield in Reflections III, virtualized in Set 0
•YMSYL: You May Start Your Landing, Dark Side Effect from Tatooine
•Yoda, KOP/Yoda KotP: Yoda, Keeper Of The Peace, Light Side Character from Set 2
•Yoda, MOFO/Yoda MOTF: Yoda, Master of the Force, Light Side Character from Reflections III

•ZiMH: Zuckuss In Mist Hunter, Dark Side Starship from Enhanced Jabba’s Palace
Last edited by lsrubin on May 20th, 2020, 9:07 pm, edited 14 times in total.

☮ ♥ ⑦
arebelspy wrote:The magic was inside you all along, you just had to believe. <3
kcaton wrote:"Jesus Christ, is that Lenny!?"

lsrubin

Re: Star Wars CCG Abbreviation Glossary (version 2)

Post by lsrubin »

Mods, please sticky this thread.

Anyone should feel free to post a new abbreviation that I forgot.
☮ ♥ ⑦

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Cool!
Kryptofis

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Wonderfull.
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

"Flash" could also refer to Flash Of Insight (although it was mostly in reference to Flash Of Insight v)

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

JediJer wrote:"Flash" could also refer to Flash Of Insight (although it was mostly in reference to Flash Of Insight v)
added
☮ ♥ ⑦

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

Perhaps a short definition of 'splashable'. That's a new one to me since I returned. I think I get the general idea from seeing it so many times in context; unless I'm wrong, I'd liken it to the idea of 'suicide EPPs'.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

dx_37 wrote:Perhaps a short definition of 'splashable'. That's a new one to me since I returned. I think I get the general idea from seeing it so many times in context; unless I'm wrong, I'd liken it to the idea of 'suicide EPPs'.
I don't know where the term came from, but if you drop an object into a pool, and it makes a big splash, that splash goes everywhere, making that object "splashable".

I would say that a splashable card is a card that can easily fit into just about every deck and typically requires little to no additional support cards in order to function well. It doesn't have to be an EPP, but it frequently is.

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

added
☮ ♥ ⑦

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

JediJer wrote:
dx_37 wrote:Perhaps a short definition of 'splashable'. That's a new one to me since I returned. I think I get the general idea from seeing it so many times in context; unless I'm wrong, I'd liken it to the idea of 'suicide EPPs'.
I don't know where the term came from, but if you drop an object into a pool, and it makes a big splash, that splash goes everywhere, making that object "splashable".

I would say that a splashable card is a card that can easily fit into just about every deck and typically requires little to no additional support cards in order to function well. It doesn't have to be an EPP, but it frequently is.
i think the term comes from magic. where a deck will often focus on one or two colors, with a "splash" of an additional one. i think of it like a painting with a couple solid colors and then a splash of paint of a third.

i have no idea if that is actually the etymology of the term, but it's always been my impression
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Impression is a good word in the context
Kryptofis

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

Updated to add some Set 4 stuff:

"FO" (First Order)
"Flip Falcon" (The Falcon, Junkyard Garbage)
"GoG" (Graveyard Of Giants)
"OA" (Old Allies/We Need Your Help)
"RUOK" (Are You Okay?)

Keep using this space if you think of other stuff.
☮ ♥ ⑦

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

Added "McNulty."
☮ ♥ ⑦

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

Added "IAYF"
☮ ♥ ⑦

Weyoun9846135
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

What about "Hyperdrive" and "beats"? I'm flipping through recent decklists and don't yet know what these are...
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Weyoun9846135 wrote:What about "Hyperdrive" and "beats"? I'm flipping through recent decklists and don't yet know what these are...
Hyperdrive = THGG: The Hyperdrive Generator's Gone, Light Side Objective from Coruscant
beats = Generally a deck that focuses on causing battle damage to the opponent, or 'beating them down'
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Weyoun9846135

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

TacoBill wrote:Hyperdrive = THGG: The Hyperdrive Generator's Gone, Light Side Objective from Coruscant
beats = Generally a deck that focuses on causing battle damage to the opponent, or 'beating them down'

Thanks. "Hyperdrive" actually IS included in above list - not sure why I didn't spot that earlier.

Isrubin, do you want to add "beats" to above list?

lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

Weyoun9846135 wrote:
TacoBill wrote:Hyperdrive = THGG: The Hyperdrive Generator's Gone, Light Side Objective from Coruscant

Thanks. "Hyperdrive" actually IS included in above list - not sure why I didn't spot that earlier.

Isrubin, do you want to add "beats" to above list?
Added. Also added some Set 6 and Set 7 stuff:

ESB
WCDWH
RABOH
TTU
☮ ♥ ⑦

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Can you add hyperdiplo ...ive seem that a lot lately.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Weyoun9846135

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

And "Invasion", please. It's another decktype, that far I figured. But which?

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”