HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
strangewayes

Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by strangewayes »

Fair enough; I do see that point of view, although I do worry about it. :-P

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

The agreements with Lucasfilm are still in place and active. We can't do things and just hope they go unnoticed. The fact that Disney is now the owner doesn't change the agreements we have, and despite people throwing around the "independent operations" rhetoric, it isn't something that has just been going unnoticed for the last 15 years or so.

While I personally believe it would be fantastic if we could print out high res copies of card images (I really don't think you'll find any advocate that doesn't share that opinion personally), it is not something that the PC as an organization can just do because "it's been long enough" because in this situation there is no such thing.

Could the agreements be revisited and revised? Who knows, anything is possible. Is it something that is going to happen in the next few years? I wouldn't hold your breath.

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

The following Virtual cards have been updated with new errata - thank you Hanotsri for pointing them out:

Acclamator-Class Assault Ship (Virtual Set 0 - Light): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xr8WA ... p7QNfXn8LN
Strategic Reserves (Virtual Set 4 - Dark): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XIL2Q ... 9Pg8LFHR6k
Specter of the Supreme Leader (Virtual Set 7 - Dark): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h2TIV ... Cv0Z-NhKLq
You know what I've come for (Virtual Set 8 - Dark): https://drive.google.com/open?id=10SfdH ... rS_b4JAL3Z

The Virtual card directories and complete set .rar files have been updated with the new files; the above links are for your convenience.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Thank you so much Strangewayes...amazing work as always!

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

I have been notified that the virtual card edits I have made cannot be endorsed by the player committee, and therefore cannot be shared on the site. I have since removed them from the post, and will not be creating any further cards.

The agreements between the PC and Decipher/lucasfilm state that, "they must contain the credits, cannot have any lore or images altered, and need to use the standard templates that were given to us by Decipher." Since my versions were using the backgrounds from the scanned cards, they will always violate that agreement, even if I were to add the credits back in, which ends my participation in that facet of this project. I will continue to host the scans in an archival capacity unless other official sources are put in place to do so. If any of the links contained in this thread are deemed as inappropriate in the future, they will have to be removed, but will still be able to be accessed offsite.

*The PC has not endorsed or approved of anything I have mentioned in this thread, nor do they condone the printing of proxies. This entire project was started and finished by myself, without the approval of the PC. I did not notify them it was being started. I do not have any ties to the PC, nor did I start or work on this project because of any request the PC made to me. Without their website, I would have completed the project anyway, and their site in no way aided me in the completion of the project. If I have violated any terms of their agreements, it was not my intention, and I will continue to comply with any requests they make to ensure their compliance with their own prior agreements.

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Interesting. So no virtual cards period?

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

That is a bummer.
But high quality scans of slowly degrading pieces of paper that won't always be with us are now in existence, so it's good to see that the main goal has still been completed.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Thanks for the work that you did.

Thanks for honoring what the PC needs to keep existing, as disappointing as that is.

I'm glad you did what you did.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

arebelspy wrote:Thanks for the work that you did.

Thanks for honoring what the PC needs to keep existing, as disappointing as that is.

I'm glad you did what you did.
+1.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Do we need the images that have different copyright dates?
Are we scanning Japanese cards?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

TheBuzzSaw

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

OK. Then what are the highest quality virtual card images available to us?

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

The ones on the officially released PDF

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

strangewayes wrote:The agreements between the PC and Decipher/lucasfilm state that, "they must contain the credits, cannot have any lore or images altered, and need to use the standard templates that were given to us by Decipher."
Does this mean that the old school v-card templates used between 2002-2007ish were used against these agreements? Or were those basic templates the ones "given to us by Decipher" and we should still be using? Because if the PC can use some random MS Paint templates for 5 years, I find it hard to believe they can't figure out how to endorse higher resolution templates made from scans of real printed cards.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Throdo wrote:
strangewayes wrote:The agreements between the PC and Decipher/lucasfilm state that, "they must contain the credits, cannot have any lore or images altered, and need to use the standard templates that were given to us by Decipher."
Does this mean that the old school v-card templates used between 2002-2007ish were used against these agreements? Or were those basic templates the ones "given to us by Decipher" and we should still be using? Because if the PC can use some random MS Paint templates for 5 years, I find it hard to believe they can't figure out how to endorse higher resolution templates made from scans of real printed cards.
No. The PC I think had to make their own originally, and then Decipher provided us with the ones we started using then.

jjh
Starter
Starter

Post by jjh »

Hi strangewayes,
Do you still plan on doing your design magic with the Set 10 PDF?

(I'm a huge fan of your work!!)

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Sadly, this post seemed to say no: /viewt ... 4#p1205901
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

grendelX
Starter
Starter

Post by grendelX »

Thank you strangewayes! As a returning player who is trying to get a local play group into this game, these hirez scans are a great resource.

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

@Mods, I realize this topic led to a place that was a bit contentious, but given all the work that went into these files, is it worth perhaps stickying (sp?) this thread under the SWCCG resources, so it doesn't get pruned and can be found for later reference? If doing so would be a problem, then I'm fine with just leaving things as they are, too. Just thought I'd ask.

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”