HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
stimpy

Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by stimpy »

I vote for E in file name only as well.

meaglyn
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by meaglyn »

I think you need the E on the actual card image.

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: RE: Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by Hobbie »

meaglyn wrote:I think you need the E on the actual card image.
+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Re: RE: Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by Shadow 14 »

Hobbie wrote:
meaglyn wrote:I think you need the E on the actual card image.
+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
+2
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

I see both sides of the argument, so I've gone ahead and created a 2nd version of cards with both an "E" in the file name and an "E" on the card. The "E" on the card has been created to match the virtual sets, so they'll fit in aesthetically.

Dark = Errata cards that will replace your old cards without any graphical differences.
Dark_E = Errata cards that have both an "E" in the file name and an "E" on the artwork.

The new cards are being uploaded right now and will be available within the hour. I am continuing to work on the light cards.

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

hanotsri wrote:Any chance you could do the demo deck exclusives? http://www.starwarsccg.org/wp/wp-conten ... -Final.pdf
Hanotsri, those 6 cards are now under [Premium] > [Demo Deck Promos]

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i hope you're saving both the scans of the actual as-printed card along with the errata-text version.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

Shadow 13 wrote:i hope you're saving both the scans of the actual as-printed card along with the errata-text version.
The Errata files all have their own folder called "Errata". All the original cards are still in their corresponding set folders, unmodified.

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

UPDATE:

The light side Errata cards have been completed and are being uploaded right now. They'll finish within the hour. As I mentioned before, the "Light" folder and rar file will have unmarked cards, indistinguishable from regular cards; the "Light_E" folder and rar file will have cards that have both an "E" on the artwork and an "E" in the file name.

If you wish to download the original scanned cards without Errata edits, they are still available in their appropriate set folders.

I will continue to host the files into the future to make sure they continue their availability.

----------

I believe that more or less concludes my efforts on this project! Thank you all for your support, faith, and many thanks. This project grew far larger than I expected it to with all the V-cards and errata. It's taken several hundred hours of work and I now shudder just a little every time I see a swccg card, but I feel it was worth it for the community. The game itself has evolved to a state that I personally do not wish to play it anymore, but it certainly was quite the adventure and it has been good to see that the game still has a healthy community who will continue to breath new life into it for years to come.

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Gorgeous stuff! I have probably said it before but as someone who can barely tell the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray, the quality of these is outstanding.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Thanks again, they look great and I'm sure it was a massive project. You made great time with it too. Any plans to do other games?
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Thanks again, Victor!

Thanks for taking on this huge task! This will help us with many, many things in the future, and allow us to present the cards as they were meant to be.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

strangewayes wrote:The game itself has evolved to a state that I personally do not wish to play it anymore
This sucks. Thanks for all your hard work though.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Sagnet

Post by Sagnet »

As far as I can tell, all the scanned files are now hosted on strangewayes' personal google drive account. I am sure several people have taken backups. But are there any plans to host them on a more generic/offical site? In case anything would happen with strangewayes' account.

And by the way, I am utterly amazed by the work you have done here! This has to be one of the most important resource bases for SWCCG of all times.

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Thank you so much! These are incredible. Will you be back for set 9?

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

vhstapes wrote:Thanks again, they look great and I'm sure it was a massive project. You made great time with it too. Any plans to do other games?
As much as I'm sure some games such as the Star Trek ccg would benefit from a similar project, I don't have the time nor the motivation to do so. To knock out this project I put a lot of my own life on hold - I'm kind of an all-in / all-out guy; I can't do things 'slowly' or it weighs on my mind.
stimpy wrote:Thank you so much! These are incredible. Will you be back for set 9? Image
Yes, I'll probably keep up to date with the virtual cards on into the future. I will continue to monitor this post to make sure nobody finds errors, corrections, or other issues on the cards as well. :-)
Sagnet wrote:As far as I can tell, all the scanned files are now hosted on strangewayes' personal google drive account. I am sure several people have taken backups. But are there any plans to host them on a more generic/offical site? In case anything would happen with strangewayes' account.

And by the way, I am utterly amazed by the work you have done here! This has to be one of the most important resource bases for SWCCG of all times.
The google drive account is being maintained just for these cards; I don't use it for anything else, and I think it costs a whopping $10 a year or something for 100gb of storage. As a former computer tech who has dealt with data loss over and over, I know better than to risk any of my own data. I have multiple raid backups and there is no chance of losing any of my work. If that account were to be compromised, I'd create another for you all. That being said, should I ever light on fire and implode, it would certainly be wise for a few others to at least keep the rar files somewhere. I haven't heard much discussion in regard to an 'official' solution.

Also, thank you very much for the compliment. "one of the most important resource bases for swccg" means more than you know - in fact, thank you all again for your compliments. I was met with a lot of resistance and suspicion when trying to start this project. I contacted quite a few people who had complete sets, thinking they'd love to have their cards scanned and uploaded for free. Instead, they all declined my offer, assuming I was trying to steal their cards - which is understandable. Therefore, when the community embraced this project, you can imagine it was quite refreshing.
fungineer wrote:This sucks. Thanks for all your hard work though.
When I first played the game, 'defensive shields' didn't exist, nor did having a pre-chosen list of them. Also, for some reason, having the episode 1-3 cards feels strange - I'm not sure why. But mainly, the game has evolved away from the more enjoyable aspect of head to head confrontation that I used to love. As the game was being released [back in the day], there was something especially fun about knowing that your base on Hoth was going to be assaulted by walkers, etc. because that expansion just came out. Today, there are so many cards, that the game is far more about deck manipulation and blocking - something I don't care for as much. Most of the community loves how the game functions, so I'm not going to argue that it's worse; its just not better for me. That, however, doesn't mean I didn't enjoy revisiting my youth and playing a few basic games myself. :-)
Shadow 14 wrote:Thanks again, Victor!

Thanks for taking on this huge task! This will help us with many, many things in the future, and allow us to present the cards as they were meant to be.
This is why I kept going far after I had gotten what I wanted from the scans and realized playing wasn't an option for me. It was clear this was something the community needed, and it was clear out of everyone, I had the equipment to do it. Now that its done, it'll be available to old hats and newcomers alike, long after the cards themselves have begun to disappear. I feel this game is special, and it certainly shouldn't fade away with age.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Now we just need someone to convert them to the size files that are useable for holotable/gemp.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

strangewayes wrote: I believe that more or less concludes my efforts on this project! Thank you all for your support, faith, and many thanks. This project grew far larger than I expected it to with all the V-cards and errata. It's taken several hundred hours of work and I now shudder just a little every time I see a swccg card, but I feel it was worth it for the community. The game itself has evolved to a state that I personally do not wish to play it anymore, but it certainly was quite the adventure and it has been good to see that the game still has a healthy community who will continue to breath new life into it for years to come.
Thank you so much for everything. This is great! I never expected this to get done when you first posted about it, due to seeing so many other people show up and post their grand ideas and never follow through. Big props to you for actually doing this. Thank you so much!

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

fungineer wrote:Now we just need someone to convert them to the size files that are useable for holotable/gemp.
Converting them to a smaller size is easy and requires almost no input on my part. I have a batch resizing tool that allows me to input the size and it'll go through and resize the entire collection to that size over the course of, I'm guessing, a day or so. What needs to be decided first is the actual size wanted. For instance, if the images are shrunk down to the size the old holotable images currently are, they will look like this:

With 2k and new 4k screens, however, the images could certainly be boosted in size a bit to make the holotable/gemp edit worthwhile - perhaps an "HD" option people can download/install if they want to.

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

strangewayes wrote: I was met with a lot of resistance and suspicion when trying to start this project. I contacted quite a few people who had complete sets, thinking they'd love to have their cards scanned and uploaded for free. Instead, they all declined my offer, assuming I was trying to steal their cards - which is understandable.
Not only did you not steal them, you took immaculate care of them! I think in some cases I had cards returned to me in better shape than when I dropped them off (less dusty, lol).

IIRC, I was coincidentally going to be driving right past your place on like a day or two after we got into contact. It reminds me a lot of the greatest of Star Wars story elements: when the midi-chlorians got together to make the Chosen One so he could race pods and say "Wizard". It was meant to be!

Great to hear you be checkign in from time to time! Cards aren't getting any more plentiful so it's awesome to have the best possible quality images. Really gorgeous stuff.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”