HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by brainschrat »

Wow, you rock, man! I just hope that Scomp Link Access will use the new scans at some point, because they are so pretty and easier to read.

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Ehhhh.. how am I just finding this out now?!? now I just want to go back an re-do 8 years of heavy proxiing.

great job on these!
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Hi Strangewayes!

Thanks for all your work! I was wondering if you can update the following virtual cards with their latest text:

Acclamator-Class Assault Ship (Set 0)

May add 4 pilots, 4 passengers, and 4 vehicles. Adds 1 to attrition against opponent here for each piloted [Republic] starship here. Permanent pilot provides ability of 2. Concussion Missiles may deploy aboard.

*Simple rule cleanup to make sure this isn't global*

Specter Of The Supreme Leader (Set 7)

Deploy on table. The Phantom Menace is canceled. You lose no Force to Kylo or Kylo's Lightsaber. If Kylo (or Kylo's Lightsaber) just lost, may place this Effect in Lost Pile to take that card into hand. [Immune to Alter.]

This errata just ensures that Specter will work will all future versions of the Kylo persona and his lightsaber.

Strategic Reserves (V) (Set 4)
Deploy on table. Once per turn, may cancel a Force drain by placing here from hand a non-unique First Order stormtrooper. Your cards here may deploy as if from hand (if Effect canceled by opponent, any characters here may immediately deploy for free).

You Know What I've Come For (Set 8)
USED OR STARTING INTERRUPT

USED: Use 1 Force to take a [First Order] shuttle into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. STARTING: Deploy Jakku: Landing Site, Bow To The First Order, and one Effect that deploys on table and is always immune to Alter. Place this Interrupt in hand.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

I seem to recall this being discussed somewhere, but what is the official stance on using these in tournaments (I'm specifically talking about using these instead of C-slips on different cards types (Probot for instance)? Is it just as legal to print this full picture version of Probot and put it in my deck, as it is, the normal C-slip?
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

arebelspy

Re: RE: Re: HiRez scanning duty (**Completed!**)

Post by arebelspy »

aermet69 wrote:I seem to recall this being discussed somewhere, but what is the official stance on using these in tournaments (I'm specifically talking about using these instead of C-slips on different cards types (Probot for instance)? Is it just as legal to print this full picture version of Probot and put it in my deck, as it is, the normal C-slip?
It's not at officially allowed at an event where you're deckchecked.

Otherwise... are you familiar with the phrase don't ask don't tell?

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

arebelspy wrote:
aermet69 wrote:I seem to recall this being discussed somewhere, but what is the official stance on using these in tournaments (I'm specifically talking about using these instead of C-slips on different cards types (Probot for instance)? Is it just as legal to print this full picture version of Probot and put it in my deck, as it is, the normal C-slip?
It's not at officially allowed at an event where you're deckchecked.

Otherwise... are you familiar with the phrase don't ask don't tell?
Sure, but I'd rather not get deck-checked and DQed because I didn't ask.
- Casper Jørgensen
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

It's actually a very good question.

He doesn't mean using a proxy, Joe. What he means is using a full print on the RIGHT underlying card.

I have also done this, because it's easier than actually cutting out c-slips (or even half slips).

So, using this card and put it over Maul's Lightsaber:
Lord Maul With Lightsaber.tif
Lord Maul With Lightsaber.tif (8.91 MiB) Viewed 1194 times
Lord Maul With Lightsaber.tif
Lord Maul With Lightsaber.tif (8.91 MiB) Viewed 1194 times
Allowed or not?
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

You're not supposed to use any pictures that aren't official. Even a printed picture of an original decipher picture isn't official.

However the penalty is up to discresion of the TD, and usually it's "fix the issue" which in this case would be "cut out the slip". No DQ. (And that's only if someone had an issue with it.)

EDIT: I'm obviously not speaking in any official capacity, just relaying the rules as I've read and understood them.

I think there would be a huge uproar if you were DQ'd for not cutting out the exact same pic from a c shaped slip, and I don't think any TD would do that. At worst they'd say "well you gotta fix it for day 3 by cutting them out" or whatever. Again, IMO. :)

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

joe's understanding is correct

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Some stuff like combo interrupts and objectives use printed versions of decipher cards on the virtual slip PDF so I'm not sure why this would be any different?
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

those are official controlled card images made and distributed by the PC

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

As the leader of this printing and recreation rebellion, so to speak, I certainly am biased, and have no official say-so in these matters. However, as I see it, I don't feel it should be frowned upon. Its a twenty year old game that was abandoned by its creator, and at some point in the future - however far you want to set the date - these cards will not be available. Every person who joins this community has it a little harder than the last person to put together a set of cards to play with. Some of the rarer, valuable cards will become extinct in short order.

This community is not printing cards and selling them, nor is it using screenshots or artwork from either old or new movies for any new cards they create. Those actions are, what I feel, matter from a copyright standpoint, being a graphic designer myself.

We are keeping what would be a dead game alive by maintaining it in a healthy and effective way which, in my opinion, requires some leeway in regard to reproducing cards for playing purposes, not for monetary gain. I don't feel like a community such as this should have to create patched-together versions of cards, and cram them into a sleeve in order to play. That issue alone could prevent new people from joining and playing the game, due to the tedious task of matching everything together and making sure it's kept current - I know, because it deterred me for a long time.

I have already taken it upon myself to create what I've described above, and it probably isn't 'legal', but I feel in a healthy, community perspective, it doesn't matter at this point, and needed to be done.

------

Hanotsri, I'll get on that this weekend! :-)

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Strangewayes, I understand the rationale behind your post, but just so you are aware there are legal reasons behind every stance the pc takes on this issue. I appreciate their attention to detail because operating within our legal capacity is ultimately what will keep the game alive. Thanks for the scans, they are a great resource.

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

I think there are two things at stake here:

1) What strangewayes describes above, which are very clearly not allowed as per the contract or whatever it's called. At some point, it might be necessary to look at this problem, but all in all, you still need the real cards.

2) My intention of using these scans over the real card, basically just replacing the C-slip with a full slip. I understand that currently this is not strictly legal, but why doesn't the PC just endorse this and "abduct" the scanning project into their portfolio just like GEMP and Holotable? If these full-C-slips aren't legal in tournament play, how can GEMP be legal? I'm not big on legislation of any kind, so I'm honestly curious.
- Casper Jørgensen

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

I'm aware what I've described isn't 'legal' and there could be repercussions; there also may not be, if the issue is readdressed (for all anyone knows, the game might be old enough now the company may loosen the restrictions). All I'm pointing out, is that the contract, as described, is a slowly constricting noose. The contract that kept the game alive will eventually crush it in some regards. Eventually, new players will be restricted to building decks with ultra-common cards, and so on. Global warming didn't matter until it did.

It was mentioned 'you need the cards', but truthfully, they won't be around forever. I was pointing that out because the people inspecting card decks could look at a new player as having 'violated the terms' when all they wanted to do was play with cards they couldn't get anymore, which is awkward. So since that could happen at some point, why not address it sooner than later rather than let it be an issue. I'm aware my point of view is quite early to that party, but I've never been accused of being a procrastinator.

For now, if we're following the rules 100%, only printing the official slips, as is standard, is what you'll be required to do. Whether anyone judging the decks will care or not if you show up with full cards is up to speculation.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Proxy talk will get this shut down quick.

We cannot make proxies. Full stop. We cannot endorse proxies. Full Stop.

We cannot even turn a blind eye to proxies. FUll Stop,

These are not agreements with decipher, they are with Lucasfilm.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

It's been so long, and the company has changed hands recently - seems to me like it would be worth speaking with them about, but I guess not.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

The images are owned by someone else.

You printing an using them, instead of cutting out, violates the agreements.

So let's just not talk about it anymore.

You need to be in compliance, but if you aren't, you may be asked to be. I don't think you will be DQ'd.

strangewayes

Post by strangewayes »

I'm not speaking about violating the agreement. I was suggesting the possibility that those in charge might eventually consider renegotiating the agreements with the people who actually own it, on the premise that it might save the game from Extinction and encourage new players. I thought that was worth contemplation.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

strangewayes wrote:It's been so long, and the company has changed hands recently - seems to me like it would be worth speaking with them about, but I guess not.
The old agreements are in place.

Is it worth risking them by bringing them up to their notice and having them revoke them?

The risk/reward isn't there, to me.

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”