Step-by-Step: Subscribe to the PC Twitch, Get Prizes

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss GEMP, Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
arebelspy

Step-by-Step: Subscribe to the PC Twitch, Get Prizes

Post by arebelspy »

If you have Amazon Prime, included with your prime account is a premium subscription to a twitch.tv channel, which then pays the owner of that channel.

It just so happens the PC has a twitch channel, where major events are live streamed, online game reviews are posted, the Holotheater discussion show is streamed, etc.

http://twitch.tv/swccgpc

This is a great way for the PC to make money that costs you nothing (if you already have an Amazon Prime account).

Here is your step-by-step guide how to subscribe to the PC's twitch channel, earning them money, costing you nothing, and making you eligible for bonus prizes from the PC.

1: Go to twitch.tv/prime
2: Click "Try Twitch Prime"

3: Select your country, and hit continue.

4: Click confirm to link your twitch and Amazon account (you must be logged in to both--it will ask you to log in right before this step if you are not yet).

5: Go to twitch.tv/swccgpc
6: Click the purple "subscribe" box
7: Click "subscribe free" in the dropdown box.

Special prizes such as bonus foils will be made and given to prime subscribers, with more details coming soon. Putting this out there now so you can get a jump on it and be on the list for the prizes when they come!

(You can also subscribe to the twitch channel without a Prime account, and that does help the "ratings"/visibility, but doesn't provide the same amount of money, unfortunately. It does help the PC, but prizes will be for these "Prime" subscribers, I believe.)

EDIT: As pointed out by a few people below, this only subscribes you for 30 days. You have to go "renew" it every month. Luckily, you don't have to do this whole process again.

Once your account is linked (steps 1-4 above), it's just the final screenshot (a single page you're on, and do steps 5-7, above), once/month.

Easiest way to do it, IMO:
Set a calendar alert at http://calendar.google.com/. Set it to repeat once/month, and for the alert section have it send you an email (not make a noise or whatever), and in the notes field of the calendar event put the twitch.tv/swccg link.

1. Set an event name.
2. Set a custom repeat to remind you once/month on a particular day (I chose the 1st, but you can do first Monday, or 15th, or whatever).
3. Have it email you on that day, at a time of your choosing.
4. Put the link to the PC's twitch page in the notes.

Then, once/mo, you'll receive that email. You click the link in the email, you click the purple "subscribe" button, click subscribe again (steps 5-7 in the above directions). Done. 3 total clicks, takes about 10 seconds total, until the next month. You are eligible for bonus prizes, and you give the PC money! Win-win!

:-D
Last edited by arebelspy on October 1st, 2018, 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Re: Step-by-Step: Subscribe to the PC Twitch, Get Prizes

Post by quesosauce37 »

thanks joe for posting this, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me
Jerry H

Image Image

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

one important thing to note is that this subscription does not auto-renew. you won't have to go through the process of relinking your twitch account every month, but that final subscribe step, if you want to renew the support, you do have to click each month
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

also note that your twitch prime subscription resets after each month, so you'll need to re-sub every now and then if you want to continue subscribing

fristed by tom

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

this also allows us to do prizes at certian months....sub for 3 months get x prize, sub for 6 and get something better etc
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Good point, thanks for adding that guys.

Edited info about that into the OP, and a suggestion on the easy way to automate a reminder via Google Calendar emails. :-D
Last edited by arebelspy on October 1st, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

(You can also subscribe to the twitch channel without a Prime account, and that does help the "ratings"/visibility, but doesn't provide any money directly, unfortunately.)
This statement seems a bit confusing. Subscriptions without prime (4.99-24.99) do provide money. I may be interpreting what you wrote incorrectly, but just putting it out there.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

if folks wanna subscribe for the prizes or etc they can w/o prime and just pay, but the PC would split the money with twitch on that subscribtion, so it would probably be better to use that money to pay into the donor program and get better prizes and support the pc directly

but either way the pc does get your support!
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy

Re: RE: Re: Step-by-Step: Subscribe to the PC Twitch, Get Prizes

Post by arebelspy »

Remaker wrote:
(You can also subscribe to the twitch channel without a Prime account, and that does help the "ratings"/visibility, but doesn't provide any money directly, unfortunately.)
This statement seems a bit confusing. Subscriptions without prime (4.99-24.99) do provide money. I may be interpreting what you wrote incorrectly, but just putting it out there.
The free subscribe which is called "following" doesn't give the PC much money directly (just pennies from ad impressions) the way the Prime one does.

I was trying to basically trying to say with that comment that you'd need to have the Prime subscription to get prizes from the PC, not just the free "following" subscription.

And yes, you can pay to subscribe on twitch if you don't have Prime, however as Jerry says, the PC would only get 50% of that money, but if you donate to them directly, the PC gets 100%, so that's a better route if you just want to donate to the PC and don't have a Prime account.

Thanks for asking/clarifying, remaker!

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Having a weird issue with twitch...

My prime account is linked, has been for a year or so, but it tells me I need to verify my email address to subscribe to someone, but doesn't say where it is sending the email. In fact it looks to be going nowhere, because it says "your verification email has been sent to:".... Blank. Anyone dealt with this before by chance?
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

vhstapes wrote:Having a weird issue with twitch...

My prime account is linked, has been for a year or so, but it tells me I need to verify my email address to subscribe to someone, but doesn't say where it is sending the email. In fact it looks to be going nowhere, because it says "your verification email has been sent to:".... Blank. Anyone dealt with this before by chance?
Some potential solutions:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=twitch+verify ... fab&ia=web

This was years ago, but could still work:
https://twitter.com/twitchsupport/statu ... 0235277312

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

arebelspy wrote:
vhstapes wrote:Having a weird issue with twitch...

Some potential solutions:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=twitch+verify ... fab&ia=web

This was years ago, but could still work:
https://twitter.com/twitchsupport/statu ... 0235277312
Looks like I'm in the "contact support" zone. I had done a little searching before asking here and none of the situations quite matched mine, same for these unfortunately. Thanks for the attempt!
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Thanks for doing this, Joe!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Have Prime, will subscribe. Thanks!
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

DDM

Post by DDM »

Did it!
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

BionicMan05
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by BionicMan05 »

Have Prime, subscribed as well.

Platypus
GEMP Username: platy

Post by Platypus »

done
BSG 13-6 AGOT 2-0 AH 1-0 I also played SWCCG :)

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

arebelspy wrote:Special prizes such as bonus foils will be made and given to prime subscribers, with more details coming soon. Putting this out there now so you can get a jump on it and be on the list for the prizes when they come!
Do we need to post somewhere saying that we did this to get the bonus foils, or will someone have the capability of just checking the Twitch website to see who has subscribed? Either way, I just started mine for the month. I'll check it periodically to keep it renewed.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

The prizes haven't been determined, that was an example, but yes, the PC can see who is subscribed. After a certain period, they'll look at issuing different prizes, as I understand it. :)

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

so I just did this and notice it expires on 11/22. So I have to do it each day on the 22nd? or the 21st? (or 23rd)?
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”