PDF color differences

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
mando2
Starter
Starter

PDF color differences

Post by mando2 »

Hi, I'm venturing into virtual cards for the first time. I downloaded the Master List PDF and noticed that the colors are a bit different if I open the PDF within Chrome/Adobe vs Edge. To my eyes, Edge seems to be the correct one, with Chrome adding a little bit too much blue to the colors (easiest to see on Dark Side character cards), but see the attached screenshots. Has anyone every noticed these differences? Any idea which one is more "correct?" Include screenshots of Edge version, Chrome version, and side-by-side.
chrome_dooku.PNG
chrome_dooku.PNG (137.84 KiB) Viewed 275 times
chrome_dooku.PNG
chrome_dooku.PNG (137.84 KiB) Viewed 275 times
edge_dooku.PNG
edge_dooku.PNG (109.05 KiB) Viewed 275 times
edge_dooku.PNG
edge_dooku.PNG (109.05 KiB) Viewed 275 times
dooku_sidebyside.png
dooku_sidebyside.png (203.95 KiB) Viewed 275 times
dooku_sidebyside.png
dooku_sidebyside.png (203.95 KiB) Viewed 275 times

chrknudsen2
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Re: PDF color differences

Post by chrknudsen2 »

I'd say that what matters is the printed color, not the displayed color.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

FYI

During proofing we've noticed that if you download the pdf and open in adobe viewer it will give different results than the browsers. Related, the text font (especially destiny numbers) looks different in the browsers. The pdf viewer is much more accurate to the actual printed product.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Moral of this post is don't use Adobe products. Seriously, use Chrome to open PDFs, or Preview on Macs. It will save you endless headaches.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

rhendon wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 4:25 pm
Moral of this post is don't use Adobe products. Seriously, use Chrome to open PDFs, or Preview on Macs. It will save you endless headaches.
I prefer opening pdfs in adobe over chrome.

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”