Virtual Card List in Excel?

This section is for players to find PC resources for SWCCG, as well as to discuss Holotable, [sw-ip], vKit, and other offsite Player resources.
R2Deakin
Starter
Starter

Virtual Card List in Excel?

Post by R2Deakin »

I’m new to the forum and have tried searching but have not been successful. I’m wondering if there is an Excel list of all of the Virtual Cards out there. Specifically I’m looking for something that matches Virtual Card to Backing Card so that I can do a quick lookup on my collection and see what virtual cards I already have before trying to build up more of a collection to maybe try playing this game again.

I already did an export from SWIP for the vanilla cards to set up my inventory sheet but it doesn’t show the backing cards for virtual cards.

Thanks in advance for any help!

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: Virtual Card List in Excel?

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

There are a few things here and there that help, but nothing definitive so far as I know.

I had it in mind to make a google doc with at least the following columns:
Virtual Card Name
Virtual Card Type (Character, Location, etc.)
Slip Type (1/2, C, Full)
Underlying Card Name
Underlying Card Set
Underlying Card Rarity
Underlying Card Type

I wonder what other columns might be useful.

It might be a summer project for me, but it sure would be nice to have, especially as with full slips I often forget which cards are underneath and I forget to keep a few extra of those around.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

R2Deakin wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 8:32 pm
I’m new to the forum and have tried searching but have not been successful. I’m wondering if there is an Excel list of all of the Virtual Cards out there. Specifically I’m looking for something that matches Virtual Card to Backing Card so that I can do a quick lookup on my collection and see what virtual cards I already have before trying to build up more of a collection to maybe try playing this game again.

I already did an export from SWIP for the vanilla cards to set up my inventory sheet but it doesn’t show the backing cards for virtual cards.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Now that I think about it, if you already have a start and are OK with working on google docs, we could team up on this.

The thing I would recommend though is that it'd be better to wait until the next set comes out because it won't just be adding new cards, but also changing old ones. Maybe that won't matter for the purposes if this document, but who knows.
Eric Garchow
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

If you guys end up doing a google doc on this, I'd be willing to spend a very small amount of time helping.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

R2Deakin
Starter
Starter

Post by R2Deakin »

I'm happy to collaborate if people want to help since I was going to do it anyway if something like this didn't already exist. I set up a Google Sheet and pulled in everything that came out of SWIP into 2 tabs. On the virtual card tab the Slip Type and Backing Card are the missing info.

Everything is set up as lookup's to keep the formulas working correctly and the formulas pull total inventory from the Decipher tab into the Backing column on the Virtual Cards tab.

Right now anyone can edit it, once we finish I'll lock it for editing and give collaborators permanent access to keep it up to date so that anyone can make a copy for personal use if they want.

Any help people want to give is awesome but not required. I'll eventually finish it and post it for sharing regardless.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

zeexhalcyon
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: zeex

Post by zeexhalcyon »

The Slip Type and Backing Card columns are done. Any chance we can get columns for the backing cards to include type, rarity, and set?

R2Deakin
Starter
Starter

Post by R2Deakin »

zeexhalcyon wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 9:13 pm
The Slip Type and Backing Card columns are done. Any chance we can get columns for the backing cards to include type, rarity, and set?
Added as a lookup from the other sheet.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped!!

zeexhalcyon
Starter
Starter

Post by zeexhalcyon »

R2Deakin wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 1:10 am
zeexhalcyon wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Added as a lookup from the other sheet.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped!!
Awesome thanks! I'll probably get working on this during my daughter's nap today.

zeexhalcyon
Starter
Starter

Post by zeexhalcyon »

Ope, nm, I see they're already populated. Awesome! This is going to make deck building a lot smoother!

R2Deakin
Starter
Starter

Post by R2Deakin »

Sorry my reply wasn’t super clear. I wrote a formula to pull the data in from the other tab for those columns so if anything isn’t correct it should just need to get corrected on the other tab.

CrazyCatTim
Starter
Starter

Post by CrazyCatTim »

I'm not a spreadsheet wizard by any means, so I hope this question isn't too basic. When I use the sheet on google sheets, it seems to work fine: the fields on the virtual cards populate with the correct information for backing card type and set, but when I download the sheet as an excel document, they only fill as "#VALUE." When I try to enter in how many copies of a card I have, it doesn't seem to update the total or work cross-sheet. Am I doing something wrong here, or is this an issue with trying to move from google sheets to excel?
Returning player - Niagara Region (Canada) - Enjoys off the beaten path deck ideas for fun

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I totally forgot about this, great work!
Eric Garchow
My Trade Thread

Return to “Star Wars CCG Resource Section”