Support the Next Generation of Players

SWCCG game play discussion.
Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Support the Next Generation of Players

Post by Hutch »

Hey SWCCG Community,

Over the past few days, several people have asked how they can help out with a program that I'm running. So for anyone interested, here is how you can best help.

A few months back, I started volunteering at my kids' school to run an After School Activity (ASA) to teach 6th-8th graders how to play SWCCG. I've got some good advice from Walseth along the way. During this first quarter we have 10 kids signed up. The school asked me to continue for the rest of the year and I've agreed. They're now opening it up through 10th graders as well. As part of the program, I am giving each kid a 30 card LS deck and 30 card DS deck for learning the game, and starting this week (3 months in) I'm giving them 'packs' of C/UCs that I got from the PC plus some 'less than tournament legal' rares from Premiere and ANH to customize their decks.

How you can help:
With new kids joining next quarter, I'm running out of staples for these intro decks. They are mostly C/UCs. I'll post the lists below. If you feel moved to support this, I'll also list my mailing address below (should be the same as mailing to the U.S.). Additionally, if you would like to throw in some cheap rares that you don't need (e.g., Hunchback, Kitik Keed'kak, etc) that would be most welcome also to go into the 'packs'.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to chip in and support these new players!

P.S.-Please don't mail glitter bombs or dog crap to me. It's not funny when my sister does it, it'll be even less funny coming from you.

Mailing Address:
Spoiler
Show
Grady Hutchins
Unit 2190 Box 0193
DPO, AE 09895-0193
LS 30 Card List
Spoiler
Show
Rebel Trooper x3
Rebel Guard x2
Rebel Pilot
Y-Wing
X-Wing x2
1/1 Tatooine Site
2/1 Tatooine Site
2/2 Unique Pilot x3 (e.g. Pops, Jek, etc)
Power 3 (or more) Character
Ability 3 Character
Ability 4 Character
Ship that holds 3 (or more) pilots
2/1 System
2/2 Site (Cantina is ideal, but Plains, Bunker, or Plaza would work also)
It Could Be Worse x2
Rebel Barrier
Old Ben
Traffic Control
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Timer Mine
Blaster
Any Starship Weapon
LIN-V8M (Mining Droid)
DS 30 Card List
Spoiler
Show
TIE Scout x2
TIE Advanced x2
TIE Fighter
Stormtrooper
Imperial Trooper Guard
Imperial Pilot
Tatooine System
Any 2/1 System
2/2 Unique Pilot x3 (e.g. Praji, Tanbris, etc)
Ship that holds 3 (or more) pilots
Unique Ship that holds 1 pilot x2 (e.g. Black 3, Black 4, etc)
Power 3 character
Ability 3 character
2/2 System (Kiffex ideally, but Naboo or Endor also work)
2/1 Tatooine Site
Limited Resources
Scanning Crew x2
Imperial Barrier
Probe Telemetry
Dark Maneuvers
Takeel
Swila Corey
Any Character Weapon
Any Starship Weapon
*I assure you these are not going to Grady's personal collection. Everything sent will go to a Middle/High Schooler.

3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

Hutch

Re: Support the Next Generation of Players

Post by Hutch »

One more note, please don’t feel like you need to offer every card on this list to chip in. If you have more Traffic Controls than anyone else but no TIE Scouts, just send the Traffic Controls if you want.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Will look through my extras this weekend and find some stuff to send.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Dang, I wish I didn't donate all my bulk to the local thriftshop! I'll look through what I do have and see if I can send anything your way.

Kudos to you for doing this, I run a similar program centered around Magic at the local library, so I know how quickly the cards get swooped up and how crucial donations are!
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

lithy
Starter
Starter

Post by lithy »

I finally got all my bulk Premiere sorted and wanted to make good use of them.

I think I could put together at least most of 3 sets per side.

I remember in another post somewhere that you were saying you could use some cool stuff for prize cards, do you still need anything in that regard or is the PC stuff you mention have you covered?

Last, any changes on your end about receiving mail with all that's going on? Will try to have these in the mail by end of the week.

Thanks!

Edit: A couple notes from the card lists, you say Bunker for a 2/2, I'm assuming you mean Endor: Back Door? Also, is Probe Telemetry correct on the list? No probe droids on the list, unless they get those from another pack, just curious!

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

lithy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:11 pm
I finally got all my bulk Premiere sorted and wanted to make good use of them.
First, a big thank you for considering supporting this program!

Second, sorry for the delayed response. I'm on the forums all the time, especially this week with my teleworking schedule.

To answer you questions, yes, I meant the Back Door. Good catch! Any 2/2 site works for that purpose. The Probe Telemetry was in the original list I got from Walseth. After I saw your question, I remembered I actually changed that to an interrupt they could actually use. Off the top of my head, I want to say it was a second Imperial Barrier. For the extra Rares, I've been promised some stuff from two other players, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I'm sure what's on the way. If you have rare characters/ships that you know you won't miss (even stuff like Tzzizt or Hem Dazon) I'll load those up in 'packs' that I give to the kids.

Lastly, the mail. Unfortunately, at the moment, or mail is on hold until the US figures out an alternate carrier to deliver mail here. The government here closed the airport to all passenger planes which is what our mail was coming on. It'll start back eventually, but for now, nothing. Of course the government also closed schools, so this program is temporarily halted as well, so there's not a huge rush for you to get this in the mail. Once I hear the mail is turned back on, I'll post here or PM you to let you know.

Again, thanks for your offer and your help!

lithy
Starter
Starter

Post by lithy »

Yeah after I made that post I saw your post in the OT forum about evacuating your family back stateside. I'll set the cards aside and whenever things get back to normal I'll send them your way with some extras for prizes, take care in the meantime!

Return to “General Discussion”