Hot AOBS Tech

SWCCG game play discussion.
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Hot AOBS Tech

Post by shawnd1984 »

So, it seems like AOBS is being played the majority of the time in OCS...in Baroni's August game, he splashed Wedge in Ship for the attrition, in order to break Falleen's Fist, and to get around Guri. I could see people splashing an extra Control/Tunnel Vision to break through Xizor's Bounty (I've pulled it off), but anything else? What's the biggest challenge AGAINST AOBS? Space? (Guess this could be filed under deck discussion)

3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Hot AOBS Tech

Post by CRG »

I'd be curious to see how a HB Sandwhirl does against it, as I haven't seen a whole of Security Precautions (v or non-v) in games lately. HB does a couple of things to AOBS:

1. When flipped, requires use of a force to draw a card for Shadows.
2. Can put Luke in speeder on a Sandwhirl'd desert, keeping AOBS on the zero side and not pinging from objective.
3. Space can be a limited (Fist, maybe ZimH whose text gets canceled by Corellian Slip(v)), so probing can be difficult.
4. Drain cancellations + Projections at two sites means AOBS does per turn cycle ping 1 + ping 1 and maybe one or two drains of 1.
5. Wedge in Ship for attrition adder, as noted.

HB Quads can also hit the Fist and make it immediately lost or run away.

Any deck that can Nabrun over (getting around Xizor's Bounty); I've seen plenty of chat about how Profit is or should be good against it. Think TRM Farm, which can also pull JCC -> Yoda, MotF -> C/TV.

A well-timed TT/OOC to put Palpatine OOP could be devastating.

Landing Claw on Fist /w a Sense to back it up against an inevitable Ghhhk combo.
Last edited by CRG on September 1st, 2018, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Space will usually contain starfighters which are vulnerable to X-Wing Laser Cannons. Wedge in Ship + Cannons is great. All Wings & Spin also helps if you can add a destiny.

On the ground, it's helpful if you can cancel Xizor's Bounty (Control & TV, fetch with Yoda, Master via the JCC) or Imperial Barriers. Smoke Screen is very good on the ground also. Clash Of Sabers will often help as well. Nabrun Leids too.

Master Qui-Gon v can look up a lot of good ep. 1 interrupts whenever Shadows does damage, like Odin combo, Wesa etc.

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

A Gift
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Xanth wrote:A Gift
Yep, A Gift is a big middle finger.

Other things:

They run 1 Xizor, use OOC.

Mace + Saber, Gen Obi + Saber, R. Leadership & Clash will screw with them.

AOBS Space is super shotty. Landing Claw if you want to annoy them. Battling go with Padme, Anakin, Lando, Poe, Hera. At most, they do 1 damage in space. Setup a drain of 2-3 somewhere else and chill.

Run Perimeter Scan (v) x2 for retarded Bobab.

Hear Me Baby (v) x2 for Hidden Weapons (most LS already run 1 of these).

Yoda, UN Peace Keeper for Force Lightning.

Run They're Tracking Us (v) for Program Trap. KYEO (v) for Thermal Detonator.

Um, yeah, those are just my thoughts.

You need Jedi to attack Palpy. Run CC/TV x3 for Xizor's Bounty. To get fancy, go with Mercenary Armor to get rid of Imperial Barrier.

Again, their space package is Guri, ship, + fodder. It is not that bad, per se.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

marines28

Post by marines28 »

CRG wrote:I'd be curious to see how a HB Sandwhirl does against it, as I haven't seen a whole of Security Precautions (v or non-v) in games lately. HB does a couple of things to AOBS:

1. When flipped, requires use of a force to draw a card for Shadows.
2. Can put Luke in speeder on a Sandwhirl'd desert, keeping AOBS on the zero side and not pinging from objective.
3. Space can be a limited (Fist, maybe ZimH whose text gets canceled by Corellian Slip(v)), so probing can be difficult.
4. Drain cancellations + Projections at two sites means AOBS does per turn cycle ping 1 + ping 1 and maybe one or two drains of 1.
5. Wedge in Ship for attrition adder, as noted.

HB Quads can also hit the Fist and make it immediately lost or run away.

Any deck that can Nabrun over (getting around Xizor's Bounty); I've seen plenty of chat about how Profit is or should be good against it. Think TRM Farm, which can also pull JCC -> Yoda, MotF -> C/TV.

A well-timed TT/OOC to put Palpatine OOP could be devastating.

Landing Claw on Fist /w a Sense to back it up against an inevitable Ghhhk combo.
An AOBS capturing will run All Wrapped Up + Oo-ta Goo-Ta & some run Ghhhk combo/Tarkin's Orders for Nabrun. Also, Greedo stops Nabrun.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

marines28

Post by marines28 »

A lot this stuff comes down to how the player plays. The same 60 cards in a top 8 finalist are gonna be used differently than a 1-7 player.
3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brainschrat »

Sabacc if you cannot flip them back. It's nice to play Sabacc with the destinies they set up for EPP Dengar, Hidden Weapons etc.

Return to “General Discussion”