Player of the Year 2019

SWCCG game play discussion.
arebelspy

Re: Player of the Year 2019

Post by arebelspy »

One problem I see with that (especially during a transition to switch to that) is that prize support wouldn't be ready.

So people would have to be okay getting some of the prize support retroactively.

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

arebelspy wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 4:39 pm
One problem I see with that (especially during a transition to switch to that) is that prize support wouldn't be ready.

So people would have to be okay getting some of the prize support retroactively.
Acknowledging this and still x3 the proposal. It still makes way more sense.
Gregory Shaw

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

The NorCal league has been scheduling around the idea of "worlds = new year" for the last couple years (and our first 2020 event is tomorrow actually). We just always thought it was supposed to be done that way, heh.

Starting in late Sep/Oct, and then wrapping up our 5th or 6th event by late May works out pretty well. Gives us the summer as an "off-season", where people are often on vacation at different times and scheduling is difficult anyway. Although we do try to fit in a casual game day or two during those months. And for those who still want their competitive SWCCG fix, there's always OCS, and usually a couple majors (nationals, worlds) to scratch the itch.

The prize support hasn't been an issue. We just supplement the early events with some swag/singles of our own, and then retroactively hand out the league kit foils once we have them. Would it be nice to have them earlier? Sure, but it's not the reason why anyone is (or isn't) coming out to play cards.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

@imrahil327

Pinging so you see the above suggestion to take to the TC!

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Leagues have always ended with Worlds, because the league winner got a bye to day 2. We removed the bye system, but no other changes were made to leagues or our point season.

I think that answers a few questions/suggestions posted above.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

gogolen wrote:Leagues have always ended with Worlds, because the league winner got a bye to day 2. We removed the bye system, but no other changes were made to leagues or our point season.

It does answer it historically, but it doesn't answer the "well how about we change it so leagues start right after worlds then" instead of just going Jan 1 - worlds.

Now that the bye issue is irrelevant, it makes even more sense to change.

Commander Fox
GEMP Username: Fox

Post by Commander Fox »

gogolen wrote:
September 29th, 2019, 9:20 am
Leagues have always ended with Worlds, because the league winner got a bye to day 2. We removed the bye system, but no other changes were made to leagues or our point season.

Thank you for the answer! That does explain something.

Agree with Joe that it is perhaps time to rethink the timing of the leagues!
------

Stephan

First ever Dutchie in the World Championships top-8 (2019)

Return to “General Discussion”