Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Ancient Watering Hole

Post by shawnd1984 »

•Ancient Watering Hole [Bargaining Table (V)] 5
[Jabba's Palace - U]
Lore: Blank
LIGHT - EFFECT
Text: Deploy on table. Maz and your Rep are immune to attrition. While you have alien characters of five different species on table: your Force drains are +1, your total battle destiny is +1 (+2 if Maz or your Rep in battle), and your aliens are forfeit +1. [Immune to Alter.]
[Episode VII] [Set 10]

I have been informed that this card is very similar to a Legacy card, Ellorrs Madak (v).

Besides AOTC, was this a competitive effect? Obviously it screams QMC. I have a QMC currently built, but was interested in breaking it down and maybe trying to get a Watering Hole deck going with QMC. Thoughts?

3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Re: Ancient Watering Hole

Post by Madmanwithabox »

Maybe I’m underestimating it, but it seems pretty hard to pull off, uses suboptimal characters, and is asking for a beating if you spread out.
I’m actually more interested in the immunity function - making Jar Jar or Aayla immune is something I’m trying to build a deck around.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:Maybe I’m underestimating it, but it seems pretty hard to pull off, uses suboptimal characters, and is asking for a beating if you spread out.
I’m actually more interested in the immunity function - making Jar Jar or Aayla immune is something I’m trying to build a deck around.
Yeah I agree. QMC builds sometimes just happen to have 5 species on table... So it'd be more of a supplement card.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
Madmanwithabox wrote:Maybe I’m underestimating it, but it seems pretty hard to pull off, uses suboptimal characters, and is asking for a beating if you spread out.
Yeah I agree. QMC builds sometimes just happen to have 5 species on table... So it'd be more of a supplement card.
The Legacy QMC 5+ species deck, was at one point THE QMC deck. However, it also had a more Scum like version of Celebration, helping that type a lot. I still think we'll see some very competitive version right out of the gate. Most QMC decks are already at 5+ species or close enough: Chewie, Solo, Aayla, Harc Seff, Yoxgit, Kalfaln. In my most recent QMC deck (apart from the beatdown deck) I was also playing 2x non-unique Talz.

I do think a AITC deck, that mostly runs it to get fully immune Aayla could be very interesting. Maybe as a clone platform as they can become fully immune as well.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

QMC will be good with this. I have a nice build already.

It was amazing in legacy, but you had the retrieve 2 for battling as casper points out, and you had a Talz Jedi to help move along (who could Path with a 2nd guy on top of him).
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

aermet69
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Darth_Link wrote:QMC will be good with this. I have a nice build already.

It was amazing in legacy, but you had the retrieve 2 for battling as casper points out, and you had a Talz Jedi to help move along (who could Path with a 2nd guy on top of him).
Yeah. I just build a starting platform for my version of the deck. Either I cheated, or I'm amazed at how well it seems to fit together. I even had deckslots left after compiling the most important cards. That's a rarity. And man! you get to play a bunch of your favorite weirdo-aliens! Lovely!
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

DutchVader

Post by DutchVader »

Ancient Watering Hole is my favorite card of Set 10! I love LS alien helpers, and this one is perfect for many decks. Besides QMC and AITC, you could use it to build strange CPv, Diplo or Profit decks.

Stefan / DutchVader

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

5 species might be easier to pull off in QMC, but AITC can at least run You Will Take Me To Jabba Now to find extra species.

And BD+2 with your Rep is not too shabby.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Qmc with this plus new Luke seems fun.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

shawnd1984 wrote:•Ancient Watering Hole [Bargaining Table (V)] 5
[Jabba's Palace - U]
LIGHT - EFFECT
Text: Deploy on table. Maz and your Rep are immune to attrition. While you have alien characters of five different species on table: your Force drains are +1, your total battle destiny is +1 (+2 if Maz or your Rep in battle), and your aliens are forfeit +1. [Immune to Alter.]
[Episode VII] [Set 10]

I have been informed that this card is very similar to a Legacy card, Ellorrs Madak (v).

Besides AOTC, was this a competitive effect? Obviously it screams QMC. I have a QMC currently built, but was interested in breaking it down and maybe trying to get a Watering Hole deck going with QMC. Thoughts?
It was pretty good in legacy. Time will tell if it's strong enough in the current meta lacking the other helper cards from legacy.

Still seems really strong if you get it running

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

I played the old deck a lot. This new version is still missing some punch in space. Old one had lando in lady luck, and dash v to limit destinies at the system.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Yarn pulls lands and at least one useful alien if you play some non uniques. Then your rep, aayla, chewie, think it's reasonable to get 5 out. With a non unique you are draining +2.

Solo counts for a species? It doesn't say in lore does it?

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

OrehRuoy wrote:Solo counts for a species? It doesn't say in lore does it?
The AR specifically says all character versions of Han are Corellian, so he counts even though it's not in his lore.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Easy to have 10 different species in a deck.
Chewie, Solo, Aayla, Harc Seff, Yoxgit, Kalfaln were mentioned...
other good ones are Leesub, Taws Khaa, Bron Burs, Melas, Lav Sivrak, Deneb Both...
You could play a doomstack on one site like the Core Tunnel. Or spread out and run Lando's Not A System He's A Man. Too bad Lobot and Lando don't count though.

And for Agents, run Bo Shuda. Tessek and Arleil (maybe even "humanoid" Doallyn?) are nice complements to get to 5 species but it seems less necessary because Tessek already gives the drain bonus. I used to just put Raltiir Freighter Captain in the Wild Karrde.
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

shawnd1984 wrote:Besides AOTC, was this a competitive effect?
It was played but stronger back then:

Also there was an even more important effect, Tusken Breath Mask v

You could spread out like crazy with alien scrubs.

Aliens were competitive until this had to be deployed on a Tatooine site and was lost when opponent controlled it (first it just said deploy on table and you could soak up X battle damage).

Yarna also prevented Agents from flipping back

And you could recycle aliens:

And retrieve stuff (also weakened):

There was a musician helper too which started out insanely strong but eventually became this:

Good times! There were 3 platforms: Agents, QMC and Hidden Base v where you chose a planet and alien/rebel/republic restriction on characters.
Hidden Base v with aliens (or rebels) got reasonably competitive later on.

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

shawnd1984 wrote:•Ancient Watering Hole [Bargaining Table (V)] 5
[Jabba's Palace - U]
LIGHT - EFFECT
[Episode VII] [Set 10]

Another LS card.... :lol:
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Card design looks interesting. Nice work.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

didnt the old ellors madak make your drains +2?

and maybe barganing table? that made aliens whose deploy was more than forfeit change - like if you had a deploy 3, forfeit 2 alien, it would make it deploy 2, forfeit 4 or 5

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

Ellors QMC was really good for one of the MPCs but also had the broken Hiding in the Garbage which got errataed pretty soon afterwards. Celebration & All My Urchins also helped but IIRC didn’t matter so much cause you didn’t battle very often.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

The Franchise wrote:didnt the old ellors madak make your drains +2?
Yes it used to do that, before errata.
The Franchise wrote: and maybe barganing table? that made aliens whose deploy was more than forfeit change - like if you had a deploy 3, forfeit 2 alien, it would make it deploy 2, forfeit 4 or 5
Yes it used to be better with deploy -2 for aliens that had a higher deploy than forfeit. It eventually became just forfeit +1 or 2 and deploy a bunch of mostly crappy aliens from reserve:

So what you have now is a bit of a watered down mix between old Bargaining Table v and Ellors Madak v (which back then was pullable with Leslomy Tacema v which I think was pullable with the old Bargaining Table v, not sure. There were huge pull chains regardless, which were later hosed).

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”