power creep is a helluva drug - SPOILER - Set 11

SWCCG game play discussion.
JarJarDrinks

power creep is a helluva drug - SPOILER - Set 11

Post by JarJarDrinks »

•Beldon's Eye & •All My Urchins [Beldon's Eye (V)] 3
[Cloud City - R]
LIGHT - EFFECT
Text: Deploy on table. Once per game, if Quiet Mining Colony on table, may search your hand and/or Reserve Deck and reveal an [Independent] starfighter and matching pilot; place both in hand, reshuffle; they each deploy -1 this turn. Once per game, if a battle just initiated at Bespin system, may cancel that battle (if Executor not there, opponent may instead use 3 Force). [Immune to Alter.]
[Set 11]

dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: power creep is a helluva drug - SPOILER - Set 11

Post by Corran »

QMC has never been a deck that I could wrap my head around, but this is mostly just a better Beldon's Eye that lets you do what QMC wants to do. I look forward to having lots of my battles canceled.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Dr. Hayus

Post by Dr. Hayus »

I really like the cancelling battle bit. I’ve dropped the Executor on Harc once with Never Again Leave, it was not pretty, and it shouldn’t be that easy. Great job.

If I may nitpick, shouldn’t the last bit read ,”if Executor is not present, opponent may use 3 force to continue battle.” I feel like the wording is somewhat out of phase with typical SWCCG. Great card though!

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Dr. Hayus wrote:If I may nitpick, shouldn’t the last bit read ,”if Executor is not present, opponent may use 3 force to continue battle.” I feel like the wording is somewhat out of phase with typical SWCCG.
As long as you understand the intent the final wording will have gone through proofing.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

timeofyouppi
GEMP Username: timeyouppi

Post by timeofyouppi »

This card also solves the game-forfeiting problem of not finding either Harc Seff or Overseer and the resultant deck-weakening by including multiples of one of both.
Ban Monnok and Grimtaash

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

As a QMC fanboy I think this is super helpful. Like SUPER helpful. However, on average I really dislike the tendency to set up automatically that is happening a lot.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

aermet69 wrote:As a QMC fanboy I think this is super helpful. Like SUPER helpful. However, on average I really dislike the tendency to set up automatically that is happening a lot.
QMC already had that setup. This just adds consistency.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

SolaGratia

Post by SolaGratia »

I like it, glad to see QMC continuing to get help back in to the meta. Seems like a good deck to have in the meta right now since it's typically favored over ROps but I believe (could be wrong) unfavored vs Map so it's in an interesting place.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

SolaGratia wrote:I like it, glad to see QMC continuing to get help back in to the meta. Seems like a good deck to have in the meta right now since it's typically favored over ROps but I believe (could be wrong) unfavored vs Map so it's in an interesting place.
I think without supplies, QMC can do pretty okay vs Map if you can stack your Resistance Agent.

MrPurple
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by MrPurple »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
Dr. Hayus wrote:If I may nitpick, shouldn’t the last bit read ,”if Executor is not present, opponent may use 3 force to continue battle.” I feel like the wording is somewhat out of phase with typical SWCCG.
As long as you understand the intent the final wording will have gone through proofing.
Yeah wording is weird to me. So unless the executor is present once per game dark side needs to spend 3 force to battle there? That's basically the intent? I guess it just prevents the early beat down.
Matt Sokol

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

MrPurple wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
Yeah wording is weird to me. So unless the executor is present once per game dark side needs to spend 3 force to battle there? That's basically the intent? I guess it just prevents the early beat down.
Intent is:
If Executor is there you cancel the battle
If Executor isn't there you give the opponent the choice between using 3 Force or letting the battle be canceled
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer, GEMP Slicer
Image Image

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Post by Tbiesty »

FWIW, I think wording it like Projective Telepathy would be crystal clear (and effectively work the same way).

"Once per game, if opponent just initiated battle at Bespin system, may make opponent choose to use 3 Force (or 15 Force if Executor there), or cancel that battle."
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

ftfy to match previous intent
Tbiesty wrote:FWIW, I think wording it like Projective Telepathy would be crystal clear (and effectively work the same way).

"Once per game, if a battle was just initiated at Bespin system, may make opponent choose to use 3 Force (or 15 Force if Executor there), or cancel that battle."

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Proofing will clear up the text before release.

Are we going to blank the original?

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

seitaer wrote:Proofing will clear up the text before release.

Original still has value in that it conditionally gives +2 defense value.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

seitaer wrote:Proofing will clear up the text before release.

Hate to break it to you, but that was the clear text. :lol:

Thanks!

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

I think it's wording is fine. If I was going to complain about anything, it would be that it's odd to search for a card in your hand in order to put it in your hand. I'm not sure how much it would impact functionality, but if you just said "/\ an indy Starship and/or Pilot," it would read a little smoother. Of course then you could /\ just about any good character. I dunno, maybe make it Alien pilot... okay, so now I see why it was worded the way it is. I withdraw my suggestion.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

aermet69
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
aermet69 wrote:As a QMC fanboy I think this is super helpful. Like SUPER helpful. However, on average I really dislike the tendency to set up automatically that is happening a lot.
Okay. I meant automatically AND consistently...
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

aermet69 wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
In that case, agree to disagree.

I just can't understand the mindset that increasing the luck factor in a decks early game set up is a good thing.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
aermet69 wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
In that case, agree to disagree.

I just can't understand the mindset that increasing the luck factor in a decks early game set up is a good thing.
I think it depends on the situation. If a deck has to pull xyz or it just loses, adding that variance feels mean, but there is something to playing TRM and not knowing whether you'll get the JCC, Boss Nass Chambers, or both. I've resigned myself to being wrong, but I do wish more decks had the chance to have an explosive start with the trade off that it won't happen every game.

Return to “General Discussion”